Chris Harris misleads us on new porsche

Stratman335

Ok so here's what I stumbled upon.

In the first video he speaks very highly about the new porsche 911. The"991" body which replaced the "997" and in the 1st minute of the 2nd video he doesn't seem at all impressed by the new "991" body porsche.

Wtf ???

Here's the first video

And the 2nd

Seems strange to me which is a shame because I really liked his videos and now I feel as I can't believe anything he says. I definitely won't be taken his comments on cars at full value anymore.

Last edited:
Maybe someone knocked some sense into him in between the shooting of those two videos?

I kid, I kid.

He's entitled to his opinions, and shares them to us, can he not change his mind?

Edit: I watched the second video and he's talking about how the PDK and electric steering take away from the feel of the new car, I don't think he means it makes it a lesser car.

Maybe someone knocked some sense into him in between the shooting of those two videos?

I kid, I kid.

He's entitled to his opinions, and shares them to us, can he not change his mind?

Guys like him and the top gear clan really have a big effect on consumers and its quite misleading to the public.
It seems as if the 1st video was a commercial for porsche and the 2nd was him speaking about what he truly feels.

Personally I always test drive the car I'm about so buy so it doesn't affect me but I felt the need to share this with u guys

Send him an email, I bet he would reply. If you're cool with him and ask him nicely to explain the difference I am sure he'll be honest.

It seems as if he was paid by porsche to talk well about it in his video.

I'm sure many automotive journalists and car reviewers get some sort of kickback for writing favourable reviews.
I mean its a great way for the car manufacturers to keep that image going.

I think I will write to him and see what he has to say.

Just don't be a douche and accuse him. Just say, hey I saw both videos and your opinion was different, what gives?

Just don't be a douche and accuse him. Just say, hey I saw both videos and your opinion was different, what gives?

Really ???? That sucks cause I was gonna be a douche and start accusing him.
So I shouldn't do that??? Lol

I'm just gonna remind him of what he said in his videos and then nicely ask him why his opinion was different

Ok well I just emailed Chris Harris and this is what he replied to me

"Go fuck yourself you wanker"

Joking I didn't write him yet

Last edited:
Guys like him and the top gear clan really have a big effect on consumers and its quite misleading to the public.
It seems as if the 1st video was a commercial for porsche and the 2nd was him speaking about what he truly feels.

Personally I always test drive the car I'm about so buy so it doesn't affect me but I felt the need to share this with u guys

Ce n'est pas parce qu'un critique automobile ne partageant pas ton opinion, ou de ta compréhension de ce qui est "correct", mène de facto le publique dans le champ. Même une voiture avec de mauvaises critiques se vendent quand même et d'autres avec de bonnes critiques ne connaissent pas de succès commercial. "On" se moque des Hyundai mais ils se vendent bien et la marque Cadillac a du mal à percer le marché de luxe face à ses concurrentes: Audi, Mercedes et BMW.

Dans un autre thread, je t'ai lu parlant négativement d'une Mercedes C63. Des points "négatifs" qui font ressortir étrangement "bien" ton propre véhicule, une BMW 335i, et te fait justifier ton choix. Par la suite, qui a de la crédibilité? Chris Harris ou un "no-name" du Québec qui est un "BMW badge lover" qui critique une Mercedes C63 pensant que sa BMW 335i est un meilleur choix?

after watching both of thoses videos, I don't see were he loses all his credibility. Still a very good reviewer.

also, there is a difference in between personnal opinion about something (like electronics in cars) and Personnal opinion about a car itself when testing it. But maybe you didn't realized it.

also, I don't think the first video was a *commercial* for porsche, everybody that follows Chris Harris on youtube, knows he's a porsche and mercedes fanboy.

Ce n'est pas parce qu'un critique automobile ne partageant pas ton opinion, ou de ta compréhension de ce qui est "correct", mène de facto le publique dans le champ. Même une voiture avec de mauvaises critiques se vendent quand même et d'autres avec de bonnes critiques ne connaissent pas de succès commercial. "On" se moque des Hyundai mais ils se vendent bien et la marque Cadillac a du mal à percer le marché de luxe face à ses concurrentes: Audi, Mercedes et BMW.

Dans un autre thread, je t'ai lu parlant négativement d'une Mercedes C63. Des points "négatifs" qui font ressortir étrangement "bien" ton propre véhicule, une BMW 335i, et te fait justifier ton choix. Par la suite, qui a de la crédibilité? Chris Harris ou un "no-name" du Québec qui est un "BMW badge lover" qui critique une Mercedes C63 pensant que sa BMW 335i est un meilleur choix?

This is the 3rd time u troll a thread of mine.
You don't even understand what this thread is about.

Maybe if ur lucky ill explain it to u in person at a meet

after watching both of thoses videos, I don't see were he loses all his credibility. Still a very good reviewer.

also, there is a difference in between personnal opinion about something (like electronics in cars) and Personnal opinion about a car itself when testing it. But maybe you didn't realized it.

also, I don't think the first video was a *commercial* for porsche, everybody that follows Chris Harris on youtube, knows he's a porsche and mercedes fanboy.

Are u serious ?? U didnt see how he praised the new transmission with paddles and the electronic steering and says the car is almost perfect in the 1st video and then he says he's not impressed and sold on the car in the 2nd ?

Are u serious ?? U didnt see how he praised the new transmission with paddles and the electronic steering and says the car is almost perfect in the 1st video and then he says he's not impressed and sold on the car in the 2nd ?

the way I see it, is he's praising the fact that porsche did well with electronic and it's not easy since this company have a racing pedigree built on mechanical cars. Doesn't mean he agrees with cars to be all electronic today.

In the first Porsche video @1:35 he clearly states that the car has lost some of its feeling...And then he probably gave it some more thoughts and went to the conclusion that it wasnt THAT good, hence what we hear in the second vid.

I just did some browsing on the net and I found some rather interesting articles on Chris Harris.
It seems he has a history for contradicting himself pretty badly.

He goes on a rant and accuses Ferrari of being liars etc
Then he buys a Ferrari.

There's a few more things but I want to double check the rest before putting it on here.

Back