SAAQ Scare tactic Publicities

The first one is a good thing to think about for young drivers who don't have money...but it doesn't do much for the older guys with he cash to pay for it.

Also, the 3rd one OP posted always gets to me. The sounds of that guy being crushed is sickening.

what is really good is that these ads are not aimed at highway speeding, but at residential zone speeding which is where it really matters for safety. I say good job for these ads SAAQ, you're finally starting to get it right.

The first one is a good thing to think about for young drivers who don't have money...but it doesn't do much for the older guys with he cash to pay for it.

Also, the 3rd one OP posted always gets to me. The sounds of that guy being crushed is sickening.

what is really good is that these ads are not aimed at highway speeding, but at residential zone speeding which is where it really matters for safety. I say good job for these ads SAAQ, you're finally starting to get it right.

Yeah thats true. The first one reminds me how hard the new laws are but the consequences are the same on the highways, thats why I was never for the GEV laws...on highways at least.

Third one is not from the saaq I think, its from europe. The only thing that bugs me is how people here do not dissociate speed on highways with speed on any other street types. So they see these advertisement and TEND to think 120km/h on a highway is dangerous.

Disclaimer: I appologise if that comment offended some people here.

Last edited:
Ces publicités ne sont pas si récentes il me semble, sa fait un bout qu'elles ont passées à la t.v.

J'aime bien celle du G.E.V., en zone résidentielle, et celle du texto au volant, sa fait du sens.

Effectivement, le 3eme vidéo vient d'Europe, Angleterre peut-être? À voir les chars de police bleu et jaune. Oui elle est gross, oui elle joue la carte des sentiments, worse case scenario, mais tu t'en rappelle. Elle est plus axé sur les dommage collatéraux que la punition du conducteur. Sa me rappelle le cas de la petite qui s'est fait écraser sur son terrain dans le coin de l'halloween, il y a quelque temps.

La nouvelle ou le gars se plante a 100 km/h me met en criss.

100 km/h c'était dangereux en 1887. Je parle sur autoroute bien entendu... Dans l'annonce ya l'air d'etre sur une petite rue mais le monde feront pas la différence.

These adds are good but they don't reflect reality. Cops giving a GEV on the 720 or 40 while you're doing 115 with cement all around you isn't to protect citizen.

Problem is everyone one I know with common sense will NEVER EVER do a GEV in residential zone. As a matter of fact cops gives 85%+ of their speeding ticket in non-residential zone and 95%+ GEV ticket in non-residential zone... Witch proves only 1 think... they are a bunch of hypocrite who looks for public sympathies.

Cops that are sent in TRAP Zone aren't there for us, nor there to be logic, nor there to be reason with, nor there to help us or not there to protect us. They are there to collect money and will place them-self not where it may save a life but where it will catch the most people.

I drive 30-35 in a school zone and 40-50 in a residential zone when no children on sight (lower if I see kids playing). But in a deserted highway on a sunny day... gimme me a break with the stupid speeding laws.

GEV on a highway is 160...it's 80-90 in a residential area.

60 over the limit vs 40-50 over the limit. It is much easier than you think to get to GEV speeds in residential areas.

Where I live in Lachine, I am right across the street from a small park where kids can regularly be found playing. There is a crosswalk where a STOP sign is present...yet every day I can count upwards of 40-50 cars that blow through the stop sign at speeds upwards of 60 kph....so I have a very hard time believing:

everyone one I know with common sense will NEVER EVER do a GEV in residential zone.

The kid with the bicycle cutting off the car: I hate how the responsibility has to fall on the driver of a 3500lb mammoth and not a girl that is not supervised by her parents or taught to look left and right before jumping onto a road with their bicycle when there are no bike paths.

How many dumb fuckin kids still run in the middle of the road to go run after their balls? How hard is it for a parent to drill into the minds of their kids that the moment you get off the side walk, it's death? When they get older, they'll know to be cautious and attentive.

INSTEAD, the world has to drive slowly to make up for terrible parenting.

And the first video comes to me as propaganda and to make oppression normal to the typically nanny and sheep citizen.

Oh! He was doing 120 on the decarie or 120 on the bonaventure expressway! Good for him to lose his license and get his car towed! What a public menace! Could've killed so many people! Doesn't he watch TVA?

We live in a world where we are treated like children and punished for things we have not even done by people who have only the intention to rob you of your money.

To save the lives of 350 people that died on the road in 2012, millions of drivers are punished, oppressed and controlled with law after new law.
People die. It is a fact of life. If someone kills someone unjustly, punish him. Instead, society is being literally controlled more and more by the day to "prevent" such deaths. A little more and you'll only be allowed to drive if you let the government know where you're going and at what time you plan on coming back home at, with alcohol/blood testers pre-installed by the manufacture and a vehicle maximum speed artificially limited to 100km/h.

Fact of the matter is, drunk drivers will still drive drunk, teens will still be overconfident and reckless, druggies will still be druggies, soccermoms will still drive like soccermoms, 65+ year olds will still have 30% of their original reflex, and people that want to blow people up will do it with gunpowder, nails and a pressure cooker.

Nothing has changed.

You have to accept everything as is. Not try to control it. It sucks yes, but it is what it is. Instead we are like cattle surrounded by fences and the land we have to left to be free in is constantly shrinking.

I believe in PROPER education, something Quebec doesn't do at all. Everything else is just a way to control you like you're a child by several sets of over-controlling parents.

I hate what the world has become and what is now considered normal. I imagine in disgust about what is to come by looking at the trends of increasing laws, control and oppression.

No i don't watch Alex Jones. He's a nut job.

Eventually, you'll have to buy acres of land in a secluded area, away from the general population, to do what you want, when you want, how you want. It will be the only way to be "free."

Last edited:

100 km/h c'était dangereux en 1887. Je parle sur autoroute bien entendu... Dans l'annonce ya l'air d'etre sur une petite rue mais le monde feront pas la différence.

Hahaha ça tire tellement pas son affaire !!! Je comprend le passager moi avec : " ciboire que ça avance pas son affaire, ça sert à rien de battre ça, y fait juste souffler de l'air ! "

I don't understand why they keep spewing adds like that. Haven't we slowed down enough already?

Darkestfenix, you took the words right of my mouth on the whole subject!

I don't understand why they keep spewing adds like that. Haven't we slowed down enough already?

Darkestfenix, you took the words right of my mouth on the whole subject!

I would like to know, who gets the contract for these , and do they pay 4 times the price of what it's supposed to cost

The kid with the bicycle cutting off the car: I hate how the responsibility has to fall on the driver of a 3500lb mammoth and not a girl that is not supervised by her parents or taught to look left and right before jumping onto a road with their bicycle when there are no bike paths.

How many dumb fuckin kids still run in the middle of the road to go run after their balls? How hard is it for a parent to drill into the minds of their kids that the moment you get off the side walk, it's death? When they get older, they'll know to be cautious and attentive.

INSTEAD, the world has to drive slowly to make up for terrible parenting.

And the first video comes to me as propaganda and to make oppression normal to the typically nanny and sheep citizen.

Oh! He was doing 120 on the decarie or 120 on the bonaventure expressway! Good for him to lose his license and get his car towed! What a public menace! Could've killed so many people! Doesn't he watch TVA?

We live in a world where we are treated like children and punished for things we have not even done by people who have only the intention to rob you of your money.

To save the lives of 350 people that died on the road in 2012, millions of drivers are punished, oppressed and controlled with law after new law.
People die. It is a fact of life. If someone kills someone unjustly, punish him. Instead, society is being literally controlled more and more by the day to "prevent" such deaths. A little more and you'll only be allowed to drive if you let the government know where you're going and at what time you plan on coming back home at, with alcohol/blood testers pre-installed by the manufacture and a vehicle maximum speed artificially limited to 100km/h.

Fact of the matter is, drunk drivers will still drive drunk, teens will still be overconfident and reckless, druggies will still be druggies, soccermoms will still drive like soccermoms, 65+ year olds will still have 30% of their original reflex, and people that want to blow people up will do it with gunpowder, nails and a pressure cooker.

Nothing has changed.

You have to accept everything as is. Not try to control it. It sucks yes, but it is what it is. Instead we are like cattle surrounded by fences and the land we have to left to be free in is constantly shrinking.

I believe in PROPER education, something Quebec doesn't do at all. Everything else is just a way to control you like you're a child by several sets of over-controlling parents.

I hate what the world has become and what is now considered normal. I imagine in disgust about what is to come by looking at the trends of increasing laws, control and oppression.

No i don't watch Alex Jones. He's a nut job.

Eventually, you'll have to buy acres of land in a secluded area, away from the general population, to do what you want, when you want, how you want. It will be the only way to be "free."

I have to agree with you, but there's one thing that I must say: The general population is not being "punished". The only ones being punished, are the ones who end up breaking the laws and end up getting the massive ticket and towing and suspended license. Now if you feel that you are being punished because you don't like the "low" speed limits, that's fine, but it's not a REAL punishment, as a punishment is a consequence and not a simple rule to follow.

I have to agree with you, but there's one thing that I must say: The general population is not being "punished". The only ones being punished, are the ones who end up breaking the laws and end up getting the massive ticket and towing and suspended license. Now if you feel that you are being punished because you don't like the "low" speed limits, that's fine, but it's not a REAL punishment, as a punishment is a consequence and not a simple rule to follow.

Punishment is the life you live everyday confined to a bunch of sentences dictated by hypocritical, criminal, corrupt and puppet politicians and nannies. Like "free" cattle surrounded by a fence. It is nothing more than an illusion of being free. You are a slave to your taxes and laws.

Last edited:
Donc si on ne veux pas tuer un jeune couple qui se bécotte sur un muret .... Faut pas s'acheter une vielle Civic c'est ça ?

^^ This !
People these day find in normal to get a criminal record for going 120km/h on HIGHWAY 720

Communisms this is what we're becoming with the taxation and laws.

Don't you truly believes what you're saying. I find it very sad... what happen to freedom. Does this word occur something to you. As for the so called ''rule to follow''... who says ? Whoever had the power to vote for that law or to strike and make it followed are the very same people who don't follow it nor have to. Dictatorship do as I order but rules don't apply to me. Point here is that if I'd be a COP id never get a speeding ticket, id never go to jail even if I kill an innocent unless.... unless I'm caught on tape. And you my man sound like you find that terribly normal and you are okay with it.

FREEDOM I want FREEDOM !

Prends le pas personnel mec! Je ne fait que soulever un point. Clairement, tu n'as absolument rien compris de l'annonce! Soit ca, oubien tu es sourd oubien tu ne comprends pas le rapport entre le régime moteur et la vitesse! lol!

Je sais ce que tu veux dire, c'est complètement absurde de penser que rouler 112 Km/h sur l'autoroute c'est mortel! Mais ce n'est pas ce que nous dit l'annonce....

Le gars tente d'accélérer rapidement et on tente de nous faire comprendre qu'il va dépasser la limite de vitesse (On ne sait pas sur quel type de route ils circulent). On fait un zoom sur le speedometre et on se rend compte qu'il passe le 100 Km/h et qu'il continue à accélérer. À écouter le régime du moteur, on peut supposer qu'il était au troisième rapport lorsqu'il a dépassé les 100 Km/h. Alors, il lui reste encore d'autres rapports à franchir et à ce rythme, il y va de soit qu'il dépasse amplement la limite permise! C'est ca le message. Il faut remarquer aussi l'attitude du conducteur qui peut sembler passive, ''Je m'en fout''.

Maintenant, je veux que ce soit clair, je ne dis pas que c'est sain d'avoir des limites de vitesses arriérées sur nos routes. On s'entend que les véhicules sont beaucoup plus sophistiqués qu'à l'époque. La grande majorité des véhicules sur nos routes sont en mesure d'être plus sécuritaires que les voitures d'époque et ce, même à de plus hautes vitesses.

La seule raison qui justifie nos limites de vitesses au Québec selon moi, c'est que ca donne une marge de manoeuvre au gouvernement de pouvoir percevoir plus de droits/taxes de circulation sans qu'on s'en rend compte. C'est-à-dire, quand on pogne un ticket, c'est à partir de la limite. Donc si je me fait coller à 122 Km/h sur un autoroute, je suis un esti de crétin danger publique! On me donne un ticket à partir de 100 Km/h. Si la limite était à 110 ou 120 Km/h, il faudrait qu'on augmente toutes nos limites pour les GEV. C'est donc dire qu'un GEV sur une autoroute serait à partir de 180 Km/h! Pratiquement personne dans ce bas monde n'ose rouler à cette vitesse, car nos routes sont de la grosse marde!

Circuler à 100 Km/h sur une autoroute, c'est relativement rare qu'on est témoin de ca! Je vous mets tous au défi de repecter le code de la sécurité routière à la lettre pour une journée... Vous allez en avoir plein votre casse! vous allez être tellement stressé et considéré un danger publique. Bonne chance si vous ne causez pas ou n'etes pas impliqué dans un accident!

Quoi qu'on en dise, la S.A.A.Q. a bien réussi son objectif de sensibilisation et d'information! Connaissez-vous l'expression: ''Parlez-en en bien, parlez-en en mal, l'important c'est d'en parler''. Disons que c'est exactement ce qui se produit en ce moment avec un tread de la sorte!

Back