The gun thread

So went for a ride to x reload. I called crafm and the guy on the phone said don't buy a xl650 to do both pistol and rifle. Went to x reload and they said the same thing. Get a single stage for rifle and ended up getting a Dillon square deal for 9mm ammo. I'm pretty happy, just got to read all the books I bought, set it up properly and give it a go. Held off on the single stage for the time being as I won't get into my money for years where as the pistol won't be too long
Yes good call. I have a single stage press to load 303 brittish, 30-06 and 308. Calibers that I shoot once every 3 years.

J'ai presque complété mon 1000 yard build pour moin de 1000$

-savage 10tr .308 heavy 20" canon
-low utg 4 screws mount
-utg bipod
-Mueller 8-32 44mm avec turrets et side focus
Manque juste le cheek rise et muzzlebreak ainsi que la bonne balle

PxVOaOt.jpg

59AuaxA.jpg

SVg8PVz.jpg

Last edited:
Je vais voir comment ça se passe un match IPSC ce samedi à St-Bruno, quelqu'un y va ou participe?

Malheureusement non, depuis que j'ai bon bébé je dois choisir mes matchs. À date je fais tous ceux de Montréal et Joliette

So I know it's 100% personal preference, but what caliber would you buy if it was 80% target shooting and 20% hunting. I would be reloading my own bullets.
My hunting buddies are all telling me to get a .270 win. Most are buying their guns in that caliber. I went to x reload this week and they were saying go 308 more options cheaper whatever. I want something versatile and hesitating. I doubt I'll be target shooting more then 200 yards or hunting elk or moose, but something as versatile as possible.
Thanks

So I know it's 100% personal preference, but what caliber would you buy if it was 80% target shooting and 20% hunting. I would be reloading my own bullets.
My hunting buddies are all telling me to get a .270 win. Most are buying their guns in that caliber. I went to x reload this week and they were saying go 308 more options cheaper whatever. I want something versatile and hesitating. I doubt I'll be target shooting more then 200 yards or hunting elk or moose, but something as versatile as possible.
Thanks

Between 270 and 308, I'd pick the 308. Far from being the ultimate but for 200m and less, it's perfectly fine.

Oryx your new toy made me jealous so I got bored and had to put something together...

Always wanted a tactical shotgun... why ? I don't know not like the thing will shoot clays for shit but I guess it's good for turkey if ever I go.

870 express, 19" chopped vent rib barrel, ATI Pistol grip top folding stock, Magpul forend & an aluminum follower. Dog says hi...
F1829CEF-E360-47AB-B2D1-2729E0CD0CE4_zpsxoly6o7x.jpg

Office wall as it stands.
ECEA8A31-B5C0-42C1-A94C-823D64EE7322_zpskbaj1b2i.jpg

Cheers

Nice shooty! Always wanted a tacticool .12 myself. May I ask, why a tactical shotgun, with lets say pistol grip, folding stock, red dot or whatever, is not suited for clay? Expensive old school double barrels with fancy wood stock is not my thing, and I really want to shoot clay somedays!

Only thing that really effects it as a clay/bird gun is the barrel length and choke. My clay shotgun has a full choke 34" barrel where as that tactical sucker has an open choke 19" barrel. Unless the clay is 5 meters in front of me it won't ever hit anything because of the spray pattern.

Red dot is a bad idea on clay/bird guns since you technically never want to aim with one eye shut. Pistol grip or folding stock won't really effect anything... besides just looking funny.

BTW why most use over under shotguns for clay is being able to have two different chokes for closer and further shots.

Cheers.

Last edited:
^This

Pour le pigeon, ça te prend un fusil avec un canon assez long et un bon choke ou mieux encore, un choke interchangeable. Un pistol grip, ça fait juste moins naturel et ça rend ton fusil moins maniable pour la manupulation. Un red dot, totalement inutile même nuisible car au pigeon, tu dois avoir le réflexe de pointer vers ta cible en adoptant toujours la même position. Ça t'aide à rester constant et reproduire les mêmes résultats.

Tactical, c'est juste une mode ou un look.

Même que certains club de vont pas te laisser tirer avec un fusil "tactical"

Quelle merde...j'me suis rendu a la gate de St-Bruno pour aller voir la competition IPSC mais les spectateurs n'etaient pas admis... surement pcq ca appartient à la Defense...

Pas mal chiant!!!

So when are we going to have a gun meet ? Get it... like a car meet... but instead we meet at a range... ;)

Guys,

What suggestions do you have for an unrestricted rifle that fires a cartridge similar to the size and power of a 7.62x51mm NATO (.308 Winchester)?

Also, what about the .300 Winchester Magnum and .30-06 Springfield?

I'm basically looking for something powerful to have fun with, but without insane recoil and crazy expensive ammo (like $7/round .50 BMG I wanted to get earlier).

If you have any other advice or suggestions, please let me know!

Last edited:
Back