The gun thread

Je vais la régulièrement... Folle ta m305, un setup comme le tien vaut combien?

Boff it's mostly work more then it is money. I'd say I have roughly 1200$ into it. If ever you see my E55 parked come say Hi! I'm usually there at least once a week. I'm going tomorrow to rezero my scope on my M305... I need to stop taking things apart and tinkering with them -_-

I'm the same with guns and cars... I'd rather take things apart and modify them then actually use them.

Last edited:
Boff it's mostly work more then it is money. I'd say I have roughly 1200$ into it. If ever you see my E55 parked come say Hi! I'm usually there at least once a week. I'm going tomorrow to rezero my scope on my M305... I need to stop taking things apart and tinkering with them -_-

I'm the same with guns and cars... I'd rather take things apart and modify them then actually use them.

Sweet, I went only 2 times this years, i'm getting tired of shooting my .22 and my not so much accurate semi-auto 30-06. Need new toys badly..

I want one like you (plus an archangel stock), but i'm a bit concerned about accuracy.. is it possible to do 1 (or sub) moa? I know its not a gun built for accuracy or long range by any mean but it make such a sweet looking semi auto sniper..

IMG_1516.jpg

Do you only want a semi-auto. You can build a cool looking bolt action for accuracy and long range shooting

Do you only want a semi-auto. You can build a cool looking bolt action for accuracy and long range shooting

I know, ive been lurking for a rem 700 since I've never had a bolt action, but decided to get a ruger american in .308 (will get mine soon). Best bang for the bucks by the reviews. Sub moa, sturdy as fuck and cheaper...

But the m305 will be the next. I want a somewhat accurate, tacticool and sweet looking semi, I feel like the m305 can fullfill the task.. and the history behind this rifle is a plus!

Sweet, I went only 2 times this years, i'm getting tired of shooting my .22 and my not so much accurate semi-auto 30-06. Need new toys badly..

I want one like you (plus an archangel stock), but i'm a bit concerned about accuracy.. is it possible to do 1 (or sub) moa? I know its not a gun built for accuracy or long range by any mean but it make such a sweet looking semi auto sniper..

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff481/bornremmy/IMG_1516.jpg

1 moa or less is definitely doable with the M1A platform but never will you be able to do it with a rifle right off the shelf. A Rem700 off the shelf if you asked it nicely could probably do sub moa's no problem though.

For whatever reason I just never really cared for bolt actions... like I mentioned I prefer tinkering on guns and bolt actions just don't really have any internal 'Fun factor'

M1A is not an accurate rifle at all. Unless you change the barrel, free float, better stock, you might get an MOA. THere are much better rifle out there.

M1A is not an accurate rifle at all. Unless you change the barrel, free float, better stock, you might get an MOA. THere are much better rifle out there.

Basically sums it up! No more matter what at the end of the day a bolt action is always the way to go if your only goal is accuracy.

M14 patterned rifles may not be MOA accurate but they are more than minute of man/ minute of deer capable.

My M1A National Match

5be08a51515aa73e385bf8d6b50f2802.jpg

Je me suis fait un cadeau de fête.

Rossi ranch hand en 357.

Je vais essayer de me spotter un buttstock full size pis un lever taille reguliere plus tard.

Le fit du stock et le bleu est crissement meilleur que les marlin que j'ai checké chez latulipe!

Are there in public ranges in Montreal or close to? I moved away from mtl 7 years to Halifax and we have provincial outdoor shooting ranges here. I'm coming down and was wondering if mtl or somewhere around had something similar. I contacted one in Lachine but they wanted to charge $120. I will have my own firearms and ammunition so I don't really feel like paying that much.

Are there in public ranges in Montreal or close to? I moved away from mtl 7 years to Halifax and we have provincial outdoor shooting ranges here. I'm coming down and was wondering if mtl or somewhere around had something similar. I contacted one in Lachine but they wanted to charge $120. I will have my own firearms and ammunition so I don't really feel like paying that much.

Let me know what you will be shooting and I can help you out with that.

Cheers.

Yes, because he have a rent to pay and overhead. There's no public spot nowhere near Montréal

Yeah i understand why the cost is there, im only down for a couple days and can wait till im back instead of paying the 120 to go once. I'd be shooting 762 and 22lr

Need some help for my next purchase... I'm looking for a bolt action in .308 in a somehow tactical fashion (bipod, 16x scope with turrets), going for sub MOA.. Budget is 1k for the build, I can go used too. Mossberg just released the patriot line up (patriot night train, go take a look at cabelas).. but I feel this is going to be garbage at 600$. The axis are too crappy, and I cant seem to find a good used 700 or savage 10 fitting my needs.. Is the ruger American any good?

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/76990/mossberg-patriot-night-train-i-bolt-action-rifle-w-scope

There is no way you can achieve 1 moa with a 1k build I don't want to crush your expectations but $1000 will get you an average rifle scope. You'll still need the rifle, bipod, scope base with rings and the most important, good ammo.

https://youtu.be/9hVDu1EARBc

This is a $1000 build but it's in usd. I'm sure you can make a decent build in the used market though.

There is no way you can achieve 1 moa with a 1k build I don't want to crush your expectations but $1000 will get you an average rifle scope. You'll still need the rifle, bipod, scope base with rings and the most important, good ammo.

https://youtu.be/9hVDu1EARBc

This is a $1000 build but it's in usd. I'm sure you can make a decent build in the used market though.

J'ai penser a ça et je vais aller pour un savage 10tr... plus chere mais j'aurais l'esprit tranquille et je vais être gagnant sur le long terme... j'vais mettre mon scope bushnell banner 3-9x le temps de ramasser du cash pour de quoi de bien.

Une 10tr c'est une excellente carabine, du moins c'est ce que j'ai entendu dire. Je suis vraiment pas un gars de tir de precision.

Est-ce qu'on a un gars de revolver dans l'assistance?

Un vieux monsieur m'a appelé pour me vendre deux armes, mais ca a pris 4 jours avoir des photos pis ya pas moyen d'avoir une réponse sur les calibre il me lit les numero se série en boucle.

3b16793f680efc6ceeb73bb3dc395a29.jpg

C'est un 357 s&w pis les mires sont ajustables mais je suis pas certain si c'est un 686?

Ya une remington 700 aussi, pas moyen de savoir c quoi le calibre ou le scope, yé a 2h de route pis je feel pas pour un round trip de 4h savoir les détails:

0acee3a4b29facc370ae3b2461c63657.jpg

Back