Problem after selling car

Toze

I was trying to get rid of my mazda6 for a while so a colleague of mine offered to give me a hand. He drove it to his father's used car lot to see of he'd be interested. I was very clear that the check engine light is on and power steering pump is leaking. He liked the car and said he'd take it if I put back the stock parts.

So Sunday I took the entire day to change intake manifold , springs and some other stuff. I drive the car back home ( ile bizard to Laval) and the check engine light comes back on. The car is still running fine so I clear the code and call it a day. The next morning I bring the car to my colleague and explain to him the check engine light is on , he tells me not to worry and drives it himself to the dealer. We go in but his father's partner wasn't there to write me a cheque. I leave and tell him I'd be back later. He tries to start the car but apparently it won't hold its idle. At this point the car is still mine. HE tells me that there must not be enough gas, so I return with 5l of gas and go in sign the papers, collect my cheque and leave.

Now apparently the car won't start anymore and the bitch is going crazy calling and threatening me. I already cashed her cheque to pay off my loan and transferred the car. Now, what I don't understand is, they never test drove the car, never even asked me any questions about it. I was willing to help but once the threats started coming in I got angry.

Can they legally do anything? I didn't hide anything and he even tried to start the car before buying it and noticed the problem. I sold it for a fair price since it needed repairs. She threatened to cancel the cheque, is that even possible ?

Sorry for the long post but I've been stressing about this all day.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Just help them fix whatever needs to be fixed.

Or go half-half on the repair. Just find some sort of happy medium

Le char est vendu, too bad. Ils avaient juste à le faire inspecter avant... Répond plus à leurs messages !

Just help them fix whatever needs to be fixed.

Or go half-half on the repair. Just find some sort of happy medium

J'abonde vers cet avis. L'affaire c'est que c'est quand même ton collègue qui a lier le tout... So envoyer chier le dealer serait pas souhaitable quoique faisable. Si c'est pas vraiment un chum où un collègue important ben laisse faire je pense pas que légalement ils feront de quoi. Ta Srt tu l'as acheté de eux ou ben quoi? Stai un échange contre la Mazda?
Sent from my HTC One X

J'ai acheter ma SRT d’un autre dealer ou je travaille. Vu que c'est le père de mon collegue, je vais proposer de reparer 50/50 .
The fact that they have their own garage is bothering me though. They seem like they're scammers possibly even rolling back the mileage of my 6

J'ai acheter ma SRT d’un autre dealer ou je travaille. Vu que c'est le père de mon collegue, je vais proposer de reparer 50/50 .
The fact that they have their own garage is bothering me though. They seem like they're scammers possibly even rolling back the mileage of my 6

Ishhh ouais t'es trapped. 50/50 is the way to go en espérant que ça ne coûtera pas trop cher. It's not your 6...donc mileage rollback is not your business

Sent from my HTC One X

Le char est vendu, too bad. Ils avaient juste à le faire inspecter avant... Répond plus à leurs messages !

c't'un peu sa....

pense tu que lui, en tant que dealer de char use, lorsqu'il vend un char avec des problème et qu'il avise le client, va s'en faire avec les problèmes futur du client..???????

t'a ta réponse ! tu l'as aviser et il a dit " pas grave, j'le prend pareil..! " ben c'est sa !

Well the cunt canceled the cheque without warning me. Now I'm fucked

Well the cunt canceled the cheque without warning me. Now I'm fucked

T'a accepté un chèque normal ? Même pas certifié ?

Ouch! Tu dois avoir mal au cul de t'avoir faire violer à sec comme ça.

Have you made any kind of contract for the sale? Stating the condition of the car and all? If you did, I would say refer to Ayashift's (something like that) thread, if not, well, I guess you're kinda f*cked.

I'm towing the car away from them as I type this .

I'm towing the car away from them as I type this .

Post a vid of they running after you!

Note:
If they got the car plated to their name you pretty much steeling right now and u'll be the one in trouble.
Friend of mine got divorce, the car loan was in his name but plated under her wife name, guest who got the car legally!

And basicly if the car is under their name, you are stealing right now.... But maybe you can arrange something with the cops if you have enough papers and proofs

Back