BMW E30 M3 -2JZ BIG Turbo 1100HP with Video

OldSchool16v

une de mes voiture préféré avec mon moteur préféré = Big win

Larry_Chen_Speedhunters_E30_bmw_m3_2jz-2-800x533.jpg

Larry_Chen_Speedhunters_E30_bmw_m3_2jz-1-800x533.jpg

Larry_Chen_Speedhunters_E30_bmw_m3_2jz-8-800x533.jpg

Full Link : http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/10...ed-m3-that-does-it-all/#chapter-boost-is-king

Last edited:
fuuuuuuu . i always have a huge respect for 2jz engine . Those guys who made that engine are just awsome ppl .

Ripping out an s14 out of a real M3 is a bit like walking inside a church, pushing the pope to the ground and shitting on his chair.

Should have used a regular e30 instead...

Ripping out an s14 out of a real M3 is a bit like walking inside a church, pushing the pope to the ground and shitting on his chair.

Should have used a regular e30 instead...

You guys seem unaware that the S14 is somewhat of a grenade - blows up left and right. And they cost an arm and a leg to fix or replace.

This JZ was probably cheaper... and better. Now with all the mods, they are probably similar in costs...

It is no longer an M3 however, IMHO.

ok, to give you an other example, ripping out an S14 out of a real M3 is like taking Katy Perry, ripping her heart and putting the heart of miley cyrus instead

ok, to give you an other example, ripping out an S14 out of a real M3 is like taking Katy Perry, ripping her heart and putting the heart of miley cyrus instead

Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus are interchangeable...they are both whore puppets with no talent or souls.:dunno: I think that would be like putting a Kia Rio motor in a Hyundai Accent...no one would notice the difference.

I'd say it's more like ripping out the heart of Frank Sinatra and putting in the heart of Jim Morrison... :p

Or replacing Pavarotti's heart with Keith Moon's heart.....something like that.

yea better comparison than mine. I was reffering as Katy perry being a real woman, and miley cyrus a pure rachet lol

I'm a lover of the S14 engine (come on, high revving big 4 pot with OEM ITBs, what can beat that? :)), but they do have their (terminal) flaws. That is why you see so many swaps in E30 M3s.

It is like a Sinatra heart transplant, but if Franky had a bum ticker, why not give him a new lease on life?

You guys seem unaware that the S14 is somewhat of a grenade - blows up left and right. And they cost an arm and a leg to fix or replace.

This JZ was probably cheaper... and better. Now with all the mods, they are probably similar in costs...

It is no longer an M3 however, IMHO.

Dude, with that mindset you might as well talk down on Alfa Romeo for their reliability... That's not the point!

First and foremost it is timeless. Secondly it is a two liter NA engine making 200HP from the factory... in 1988... Honda are barely there in 2006.

First and foremost it is timeless. Secondly it is a two liter NA engine making 200HP from the factory... in 1988... Honda are barely there in 2006.

Didin't the ITR have 190hp from 1.8 liter in 1997?

And the S2000 240hp from 2liters in 2000?

I'm all confused with the Alfa rference and everything...

The JZ things is pretty easy to understand, though. At one point, you could buy pretty cheaply, an M3 with a dead engine. S14s however, since many of them were dead, we anything but cheap and readily available. JZ were both cheap(ish) and plentiful. And reliable...

What is hard to understand about that?

The JZ things is pretty easy to understand, though. At one point, you could buy pretty cheaply, an M3 with a dead engine. S14s however, since many of them were dead, we anything but cheap and readily available. JZ were both cheap(ish) and plentiful. And reliable...

As you already mentioned stupid expensive to rebuild or extract more power from.. There are a ton of E30 M3s with S50/52s and S54s around which is a find choice of swap.

If you want to true to the E30 M3 mantra i'd put an S2000 engine in one.

what you don't seem to get is the fact that the E30 M3 is a Legendary car and will always be. The beauty of this car is the full package, and it's ruined when you take the heart out and put something else, wether it's a 2jz, an LS an other BMW engine, etc. This is not the kind of car you do a swap period. Even if the S14 is full of flawed.

it would be exactly the same situation if you'd swap a 2jz in a MB 190e EVO or put an LS in a 991 porsche.

Big_Pat definitely knows his cars, especially euros IMO. He's just being realistic. Fact is there will always be people that scream sacrilege when anything other than a factory motor goes into a certain type of car. Personally, I say anything goes. At least it didn't end up like this:
tumblr_m85oxdxnkR1r2f954o1_1280.jpg

Back