guys parks his car and bumps into mine denies damages wtd

tsx

So I was parked and in the car when I felt a bump.
Guy across me bumped into my car.
Got off the car and talked to him.
Incredibly he denies he bumped onto my car.
My car is brand new not even a week old and the bump left a little mark on it.
His beat up chevrolet will take another hit any day and you wont notice since there's so many.
After arguing and taking pic of damage the guy just left. Simple as that.
Damage is not huge and we were actually able to clean it off ourselves. But its heartbreaking to a new car.
What can you do in those situations? Cops? Do they even care for so little damage?
Guy couldn't care less and didn't offer anything. Just kept denying. And took off.
Any advice?

The least you could have done is take a pic of his sad beater and face and post it here...

No fault insurance. Be your prepared to pay your deductible and make a claim otherwise just suck it up.

i would of kicked his car really hard when he was gone, or mirror if he left you damage, if not suck it up

Not much you can do if there was no damage but I hear you, you're new ride and this douche in a beat up car is acting like he didn't hit you

Its times like those, with guys like that you debate between being civil or going aggressive

Same thing happened to me, big scratch on my bumper. Worst part was when I confronted the guy he denied it then said if you call the cops I will tell them you hit my car. Wish I saw his car again because there wouldn't be much left of it.

^^ when a prick says something like that, then you kick in his lights and mirrors when he's gone... I don't condone breaking another persons possessions but when they say shit like that hooo boy they MORE than deserve it!

i say call the cops.. hit & run... it happen to my sister that was parking her car and she was parking parallel.. cops was watching her by the rear mirror and told her she hit the car which she didn't. They gave her a hit & run tickets + 9pts. contested the ticket and won... so if i was you i'll take the chance.

hope you got his plate, go to the police and report it.

I had a picture of the c*nt who hit my Subaru a week after I got it, and I went to the police, never heard from them afterwards so don't hold your breath. I have a feeling that unless you have video of him driving on the wrong side of the street/150kmh/on hwy-20 on scooters without a helmet with kids, you're not a priority.

Don't waste your time on this. Buff your bumper and have a beer.

My "problem neighbor" with the kid who throws rocks at cars, once backed into my car with his Taxi (I know, he drives a taxi - typical, right?) 3 times in a row while trying to park....right in front of me while I was standing next to it, and when I went up to his window to tell him to be careful, he said he never touched my car...I fail to see how he could back into it in the first place, there was room for 3 cars in front of mine.

That said, I asked around, and there's nothing to do. I could report it to his company/boss since he's a taxi driver, but on a personal level, there's nothing to do unless there's damage that needs to be repaired, and then it becomes an insurance claim. If you aggressively confront or attack him/punch him, you're going to end up with more problems than a blemish on your bumper, sadly.

Something similar happened to me, the guy walked away as I was trying to speak to him. I kicked his door in pretty hard and drove off. If it happened now I probably wouldn't do anything. You can't protect your car forever, as much as I like having a clean car, I still Park in the street and know people back into it daily

Back