Laser therapy for quitting smoking?

R6BOY

Anyone tried it or knows someone who did? How did it work out?

Recently heard about and I think its time to quit smoking
Tried patch and cold turkey bht was back within weeks.

Apparently the craving aspect of it is mostly gone after therapy and thats the toughet part usually.

There is this chick from work who did and says it works but I'm looking further into it. It also looks like it's covered by the insurance in some cases.

My old roommate tried it and it did not work. It's not a magic cure. It will work if you believe in it and resist the urge to smoke when the craving comes because it will

The craving aspect last around 1 to 3 weeks. If you can't get trought that then you don't really want to stop smoking.

And for the laser thing. A buddy of mine did it last summer. Stopped smoke for like 2 months and started again.

It's BS. Don't give them your money. After 3 days you feel so good, you won't want to smoke a cigarette ever again.

placebo effect

x2 c'est de la bullshi total. Ca fonctionne pour ceux qui etaient prets de toute facon et ceux sur qui ca a un effet cathalitique. Je veux dire que ca leur donne un ''coup de pied dans le cul'' mental a effet placebo pour qu ils arretent.

Ma blonde est allée en début d ete passé parce qu elle avait eu un coupon groupon, c etait vraiment pas cher. Ca na pas marché du tout. Deux mois plustard elle a arreté d elle meme toute seule avec un coup de patch de temps a autres.

I know a couple people that did it.

It worked for 2, failed for like 4.

I guess its just another tool, nothing is magical.

Apparently the laser has a very high short term success rate, not sure about long term.

I would not try it personally...I dislike anything pertaining to lasers and the human body.

Why not try the e-cigarette? The real one with actual tabacco in it, they can be found for 45$ at vapshop in verdun. two of my friends quit completely after 4-5 months using them.

RaptorJesus is 1000% right ... ive quit smoking cigs cold turkey for 9 months .. then started to smoke again till today ... its all in you're head .. i can stop asap smoking , just gotta convience ur self u dont need that shit , over and over then it works

the worst for me was the first week omg ... then when thats passed there is alllways that need to smoke right after a good meal ... <--- thats the tuff part try to resist !

then after the 9 months i asked my self do i enjoy smoking ? i do ... thats why i smoke today and im not proud of my self but bottom line is RaptorJesus is right its all in ur will !

yeah, imo quitting smoking will only work if you resist your urges. 1st 21days are hard as hell.

i don't think anything can really get rid of the urges currently

I was sick for over two weeks and I couldn't smoke but then during christmas time I smoked a lot with family and friends :(
I'm trying to stop again, I never smoked more than 3-4 cigarettes a day but since it's a slippery slope I want to quit for real.

ça fait un peu plus d'un moi j'en ai pas acheté ( mais je dois en avoir fumé 3-4 que des amis m'ont donné pendant le moi ), pis criss que je suis enragé des fois, méchante drogue de marde la nicotine, ça donne pratiquement pas de buzz, pis ça rend 10x plus accro que l'alcool et le cannabis...

I am a laser technician that builds the laser devices for these "therapists" places and I can tell you that with 100% certainty it does NOT WORK. don't waste your money trust me!

Like raptor said...its power of will...i smoked since Hs non stop, quit one year, went at it again...
In the end i was going trough a pack and a half a day...woke up one morning saying fuck that shit im done, got myself some nicoderm patches and that was it.
First 3 days are a living hell but its doable.

Its been two months only but jeez do i feel great.

It just takes the "declic" in your head

Back