Mazda CX-9 and alternatives - yep another what to buy thread

FX45... RumbleRumble...

This was on my list as well, but TBH, I'm not sure about the reliability of these vehicles, and going from my current car, I know the engine is solid, but it's a completely PIG on gas consumption. Also, the FX35 is far more common on the used market, and I haven't seen that many FX45s at all. I eliminated the QX54 for those reasons as well. There are only two listed in QC that I would potentially look at, but they are all even higher mileage and price than a comparative MDX.

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...ti-FX45-TECHNOLOGY-PACKAGE-W0QQAdIdZ553737737

I have a cx9 and I really love that truck fun to drive .

For your information the 2008 and up cx9 come with a 3.7l engine

Not a fan of Subaru, although not shitting on the Forester, it's a very practical car. I just don't see myself being happy and satisfied to sit inside of one for the next 3-4 years on a daily basis. Also, if you have suggestions as to how to teach an emotional woman how to drive stick, please share ;) I've tried a few times with my current car, but she's just terrified. To her credit, she did state she would try it again with a less expensive car.

Broody, thanks for the post dude, that was good to see. Looking at those pics, all the bikes are disassembled. I used to have a Mazda6 hatchback, and unbelievably with the rear seats folded down, I was able to fit two bikes in there completely assembled, and ideally that is what I'm looking for currently.

Going today to H Gregoire in St Leonard to check out a few of these suggestions, as they seem to have an example of each in stock.

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions guys. Secretly, I'm hoping that the Edge may be able to do it, as it was originally first on my list. It seems to be a good balance as far as performance, look, reliability, durability, and features is concerned. Could be on par with the MDX, IMO. As for the Rav4 and the CR-V, while they are great cars for reliability and longevity, I find them extremely bland and lacking in any kind of personality.

Juste enlever la roue avant ça prend 4 secondes... Le seul véhicule qui rentre des vélos avec leurs roues et la selle haute c'est des dodge caravan à peu près...
Tu peux aller au salon de l'auto aussi ça commence vendredi. L'intérêt du rav4 vs ta mazda 6 c'est que tu peux mettre les vélos à la verticale, donc il te reste encore une place arrière et la moitié du coffre pour mettre autre chose.

Not a fan of Subaru, although not shitting on the Forester, it's a very practical car. I just don't see myself being happy and satisfied to sit inside of one for the next 3-4 years on a daily basis. Also, if you have suggestions as to how to teach an emotional woman how to drive stick, please share ;) I've tried a few times with my current car, but she's just terrified. To her credit, she did state she would try it again with a less expensive car.

Broody, thanks for the post dude, that was good to see. Looking at those pics, all the bikes are disassembled. I used to have a Mazda6 hatchback, and unbelievably with the rear seats folded down, I was able to fit two bikes in there completely assembled, and ideally that is what I'm looking for currently.

Going today to H Gregoire in St Leonard to check out a few of these suggestions, as they seem to have an example of each in stock.

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions guys. Secretly, I'm hoping that the Edge may be able to do it, as it was originally first on my list. It seems to be a good balance as far as performance, look, reliability, durability, and features is concerned. Could be on par with the MDX, IMO. As for the Rav4 and the CR-V, while they are great cars for reliability and longevity, I find them extremely bland and lacking in any kind of personality.

I can confirm you that you are not gonna be able to fit 2 bikes in a ford edge without removing the front wheel, but i know you gonna love that suv... if you can bring a bike with you.

Back