News: DMCC annonce son calendrier 2014 mais aucun événement à Montréal n’y figure.

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
Le Championnat Canadien de Drift (Driftmania) vient de publier son calendrier 2014, et c’est avec certitude que de nombreux amateurs de la région de Montréal seront amèrement déçus.

La série de drift Québécoise évoluera désormais presqu’exclusivement dans la région de Québec , à l'exception d'un événement à Sanair en septembre et d’un événement non confirmé en juin que la série espère tenir à Montréal, en n’annonçant cependant aucun lieu définitif pour l'instant.

L’Autodrome St-Eustache n'est apparemment plus en bons termes avec la série; il est donc fort peu probable que celle-ci y soit, surtout considérant la présentation d’un événement officiel de la série Formula D qui sera présenté à l’Autodrome St-Eustache cette année. Le Circuit ICAR demeure donc une possibilité pour un arrêt de la DMCC dans la région de Montréal .

DMCC a été fondée en 2005 en tant que le championnat DM1 par un consortium de propriétaires comprenant Alex Crepault du Magazine Québec Tuning et Ben Woo de Team SCP. Un arrêt à Toronto a été ajouté en 2006 et en 2007, le championnat est devenu connu sous le nom DMCC. En 2009, il a été vendu à Eric Belec qui en a assurée l’exploitation pendant quatre ans pour ensuite le revendre au terme de la saison 2012 au propriétaire de Piste St-Croix/Riverside Speedway, qui en assure désormais la gestion et l’opération.

=================================

The Driftmania Canadian Championship has just released its 2014 schedule and it’s sure to disappoint many fans in the Montreal area.

The Quebec drift series will now operate almost exclusively in the Quebec City area with the exception of an event at Sanair in September and one unconfirmed event in June that the series hopes to hold in Montreal but gives no location as of yet.

Autodrome St-Eustache is apparently not on good terms with the series so it’s unlikely it will be held there, especially since Autodrome St-Eustache is planning on bringing an official Formula D event to Canada this year. Circuit ICAR still remains a possibility for a Montreal-area DMCC.

DMCC was founded in 2005 as the DM1 Championship by a consortium of owners including Alex Crepault from Quebec Tuning Magazine and Ben Woo from Team SCP. A stop in Toronto was added in 2006 and in 2007 it became known as DMCC.

In 2009 it was sold to Eric Belec who operated it for four years and then sold it after the 2012 season to the owner of Piste St-Croix/Riverside Speedway who operates it today.

What do you think about this news?

dm003.jpg

la fille avec le chandail rouge ferrari avait pas la probe orange degueux qui avait tout le temps a st-eustache vla une couple dannee ?

Good, i hope the sport dies overall. Brings nothing in the way of innovation, or advancement of technology for use in other series\road cars.

^^ Two people who don't know what they are taking about.

In terms of popularity DMCC is as popular as ever.. Every time DMCC had an event at ASE it would be sold out.. Hell even events where it rain the amount of spectators was impressive.

This sport will also never die. World wide it is becoming the fastest growing motorsport and most popular out there.

^^ Two people who don't know what they are taking about.

In terms of popularity DMCC is as popular as ever.. Every time DMCC had an event at ASE it would be sold out.. Hell even events where it rain the amount of spectators was impressive.

This sport will also never die. World wide it is becoming the fastest growing motorsport and most popular out there.

Personally, I don't see the appeal of drifting, coming from an endurance racing and general motorsport background. But there are some good things that I find about drifting:

It is popular no doubt about it. The format is nice for TV since you don't have to watch it for hours on end to know who the winner is, there's always action on the track. It's cool to watch even for people who don't know anything about it.

However this sport really needs to get their act together when it comes to the safety of the drivers and the genreal build quality of the cars.

There are many cars in those series with badly built roll cages that would NEVER pass tech in any respected road racing series: little to no side protection, tubes covered with home depot pipe insulation, bad welds, sharp edges everywhere, kinked/badly bent tubes.
Badly installed fire systems (when they're present).
Loosely attached batteries INSIDE the cockpit without a proper box for protection.

I've personally seen all of those situations at drift events and it's quite alarming...

Personally, I don't see the appeal of drifting, coming from an endurance racing and general motorsport background. But there are some good things that I find about drifting:

It is popular no doubt about it. The format is nice for TV since you don't have to watch it for hours on end to know who the winner is, there's always action on the track. It's cool to watch even for people who don't know anything about it.

However this sport really needs to get their act together when it comes to the safety of the drivers and the genreal build quality of the cars.

There are many cars in those series with badly built roll cages that would NEVER pass tech in any respected road racing series: little to no side protection, tubes covered with home depot pipe insulation, bad welds, sharp edges everywhere, kinked/badly bent tubes.
Badly installed fire systems (when they're present).
Loosely attached batteries INSIDE the cockpit without a proper box for protection.

I've personally seen all of those situations at drift events and it's quite alarming...

You have obviously never been to any professional drifting event. The safety standards that are used in every professional series are among the best out there. The cages are all among the best out built and are all tested for thickness and proper welds. All cars have fire suppression units/ Fuel cells. All drivers have to have full nomex suits.. In terms of safety standards everything is top notch since it is a risky sport. I cover pretty much every form of motorsport out there and drifting is one of the best in terms of car prep ( rally being #1 ) Ive seen a lot worse during Canadian Touring car events.

i stopped going when they started ridiculously inflating the ticket prices. started at 10$ in 2006, 15-20$ 2007, 30$ 2008. im not sure how much it is now

Peut-être que si il aurait pas toute décalisser le gazon de l'ASE l'année passé et accepter de payer la facture de leur niaiserie y'en aurait eu cette année

Back