News: Hyundai Developing 3-Series Fighter?

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
151458_Hyundai_Developing_3-Series_Fighter.jpg

http://www.guideautoweb.com/en/articles/24189/hyundai_developing_3-series_fighter/

Hyundai recently told Automotive News the brand is considering offering up a competitor to the legendary BMW 3-Series.

Code-named the “RK”, the vehicle could resemble the HCD-14 concept car that we saw at the 2013 North American International Auto Show. Any eventual production vehicle would have to be larger and more luxurious than the Genesis coupe in order to scratch the surface of the 3-Series niche.

Under the hood we could see the 3.3-litre V6 from the old Azera but of course nothing is confirmed yet.

These rumors aren’t new but it still remains to be seen if Hyundai pulls the trigger. They’ve had some success in the luxury market with the Genesis sedan but not so much with the Equus.

I'd like to see them do it!

Probably the nicest design I've seen from Hyundai. For once, it doesn't look like a total rip-off of something that came out 5 years ago.

:laugh: nice job Hyundai, you have just copied the Audi A7 lines with a terrible front end grill.

audi-a7-7.jpg

Si ils sont capables de faire la Genesis Coupe, je ne vois pas pourquoi ils ne peuvent pas faire un 3-Series fighter.

3 gros points à travailler par contre : Image, perception de qualité et road feel. Si ils undercut le prix des CLA250 et des 320i, ils ont des chances

qui va choisir une Hyundai avant un 3 series?

Quelqu'un qui qui se tape le pont champlain a tout les jours et qui as compris que la 15 n'est pas l'autobahn et qu'il n'est pas un pilote de DTM?
Quelqu'un qui contrairement aux fanbois ne base pas ses critères d'achat que sur I6!!1, RWD!!!1 ou M appearance package!!11?
Quelqu'un qui va choisir une voiture mieux équipée à prix plus abordable?
Quelqu'un qui va acheter plustot que louer une 320i?
Quelqu'un qui avait deja un Hyundai Sonata et qui veut monter de gamme?

Ce n'est pas les raisons qui manquent IMO

J'aime bien certaines koréennes bas de gamme, mais pour arriver au niveau des allemands en terme d'agrément de conduite, raffinement technique et design, ils ont des croûtes à manger. C'est pas juste une question de logo.
De toutes façons pour du vrai luxe il vaut mieux aller vers Jaguar (qui aurait parait-il un mulet de série 3 fighter aussi j'ai vu ça sur le web récemment).

Back