Sale of car to someone from Ontario .. need info

hhh0505

Legacy Member
So like the title says, I'm selling my car to a guy from Toronto who owns a shop and has his own dealer plates.

Now we will be going to bank together etc , and will write up a sale contract . He says that he doesn't need to go to Saaq with me because I just need to unregister my car and he has his own plates so doesn't require to do anything at SAAQ...

Can anyone confirm this? I'm sure someone may have been through this situation before .

Thanks in advance !!

All u have to do is sign the back of ur registration and write two bills of sale(one for u one for him) stating u are transfering the car with x mileage at x price at x date to x person

So he doesnt need to come to SAAQ with me if i have a bill of sale and my signed registration?

nop, u just have to call the saaq and tell them u sold it like that they cancel ur plates. tbh u dont even have to write him a bill of sale. u could give him a bill of sale and a copy for urself with his signature although most dealers are notorious for taking the car and write up a fake bill of sale with a lower cost that u sold and writing down a different mileage when they get to ontario. but in short, to b safe on ur side just make sure u have a bill of sale, ask him for his licence and take down his licence number and name for security issues and make sure on th bill of sale u write both names and mention price and mileage just to b on the safe side. whatever he does later is his problem not urs

Back