Esso 93+ octane

MrSpace

Legacy Member
Esso starts to have 93+ octane gas in Ontario. Anyone knows if its coming to Quebec?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hoping it comes here too, I'm sick of searching for a Pétro Canada every time I want to fill up, makes me want to change tunes

Hoping it comes here too, I'm sick of searching for a Pétro Canada every time I want to fill up, makes me want to change tunes

Oh yes it's so hard to plan out.. I mean those Petro Can's are so rare...My Mustang has a 93 tune and I've never been left "Stranded" because I couldn't find gas because pretty much every newer petro can has 94...

Why we have 91 beats me.. It should be like the USA 87 89 93.. Besides I don't remember seeing a car in recent times needing 89. So 87 91 93 makes more sense.

I agree with Gregster. Who uses 89 octane anyways? Usually, people will use 87 regular or 91 octane.

Oh yes it's so hard to plan out.. I mean those Petro Can's are so rare...My Mustang has a 93 tune and I've never been left "Stranded" because I couldn't find gas because pretty much every newer petro can has 94...

Why we have 91 beats me.. It should be like the USA 87 89 93.. Besides I don't remember seeing a car in recent times needing 89. So 87 91 93 makes more sense.
You'll need another tank for that. 89 is mixed at the pump between 87 and 91.
91 doesn't have ethanol so you couldn't make 91 using 93 and 87.

I drove to Quebec city last week and was stuck with no 94 octane in sight, only 91. Had to put 20$ of 91 with a bottle of octane booster and stayed out of boost until I found 94 octane :(

I drove to Quebec city last week and was stuck with no 94 octane in sight, only 91. Had to put 20$ of 91 with a bottle of octane booster and stayed out of boost until I found 94 octane :(

You couldn't make it 260kms on a tank highway cruising?

Made it there with some gas left, couldn't find 94 in QC. Drove back with less than half a tank, I could've stretched it but rather not run a turbo car on E

In the US they have ethanol in they 93 and it doesn't change anything.
In fact their 87 gives more miles than the same 87 in Quebec, provably different composition?

Le 94 octane de petro-can serait du 91 mixé avec un additif meme principe que le 89 ca speut tu?

Envoyé de mon SGH-T999V en utilisant Tapatalk

Couple years ago we would go to Quebec city and bring 2 gallons of 94 and full the car at the last petro-canada station at T-R.

We would go racing in Qc and needed fuel...

My cousin (from QC) had solved the 91 -ctane issue by buying a drum of race gaz

Le 94 octane de petro-can serait du 91 mixé avec un additif meme principe que le 89 ca speut tu?

Envoyé de mon SGH-T999V en utilisant Tapatalk

C'est en parti vrai. Le 94 c'est du 91 boosté mais ce n'est pas mélanger à la pompe comme le 89.

Le 94 possède plus d'éthanol que le 87-91 :

http://www.online.petro-canada.ca/datasheets/en_CA/gasohol.pdf

vs

http://www.online.petro-canada.ca/datasheets/en_CA/w102e.pdf

et le tactrol ça semble être juste du méthanol

http://www.online.petro-canada.ca/datasheets/en_CA/glafwt.pdf

Pour ma part, j'ai une carte Esso et une Petro-Points. Alors c'est du 94 quand le gaz est pas trop cher ou du 91.
Saab recommande du 93 alors si Esso en ont c'est sur je vais l'essayer.

Anecdote ; quand j'étais pompiste, j'ai gazé 2 fois du 89, une prius et un kia spectra :)

Back