Watch guys, GIH

MrSpace

Legacy Member
Looking for a large (diameter) but thin watch. Not too expensive ($1000 max if mechanical/automatic movement, $400 max for quartz).

All the large watches are thick and I want to find a thin one. My last two watches did cost me way too much for the quality (my Welder is broken and my Tissot too... Unrepairable by Tissot).

If you can find one where you can see the mechanism behind I'm ready to pay more.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My dream watch would probably be a Guy Ellia... I saw one in person but it was $60k hehe.

ml_image.727526.jpg

http://home.watchprosite.com/show-nblog.post/ti-443186/

---------

This one is very nice too. One again waaaaay out of budget. But I guess some affordable ones can be found.

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/in-depth-the-girard-perregaux-constant-force-escapement-explained

"Large" watches are in classical terms 42mm or more. If I were you, I'd have a look at a Hamilton Thin-O-Matic or maybe a JazzMaster. Otherwise, a vintage Longines might fit your needs and budget.

Unless you're talking about TW Steel and other laughable monstrosities...

TW Steel is like my Welder, very thick. I want thin.

I've got one of these pretty classy. Same company that sued apple 21M for their clock app icon looking too much like the face of it.
IMG_2677.jpg

Hamilton khaki pilot in 46mm is pretty big, yet classy and automatic
7y6uhe4y.jpg

I really like this one!!

A little cheaper than the Junghans. I am in Vienna today I'll go check one of the many watch stores.

Depends what you mean by "large". Nowadays I see guys wearing these 50mm monstrosities and think they're so cool. 45mm is plenty big for most people. I stick to 40-42mm range. That Hamilton Khaki Pilot is beautiful, can't go wrong with a Hammy.

Junkers Bauhaus, moitié prix des Junghans, mais mouvement plus cheap...

1302687d1386244586-help-me-choose-junghans-junkers-597851d1326140793-junkers-model-6060-5-bauhaus-series-ju02.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I have the Hamilton posted on the first page and a Tissot Visodate white face. 2 beautiful watches. I'm lining up to get a bronze Lum tec in the next few weeks

Depends what you mean by "large". Nowadays I see guys wearing these 50mm monstrosities and think they're so cool. 45mm is plenty big for most people. I stick to 40-42mm range. That Hamilton Khaki Pilot is beautiful, can't go wrong with a Hammy.

I'm not that cool yet my smallest watch is 51 mm , what u think about that?

Loks like the slimlines are Quartz.

I hate that website there is no way to filter by useful criterias.

Anything over 46 is fucking stupid and shows lack of both style and maturity.

Fits the "affliction/tap-out t-shirts and gold plated chains douchebag" kind of guy perfectly.

Back