Article: Are Toyota Supras Worth The Insane Amounts People Are Asking?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and similarly the value of the car depends on who you ask.

That said, I believe in large part the appeal of the Supra comes from its high performance potential. This is supported by an aftermarket that is very developed and which sees many companies (Titan, Sound Performance, PHR, etc) still investing in R&D for the MKIV platform.

The car is also easy to work on, parts are reasonably priced and reliability is very good.

Given the potential (Reliability, Performance and Styling), these cars can provide great value and a price which they seem to be able to maintain quite well.

I personally believe that once the R34 skylines are able to be driven on our streets, the Supra will lose it's value.

If you think the Supra price's are high, wait until we can get our hands on a R34

Pour le mustang, ca reste une question de gout. Personnelement, look stock pour stock, Mustang Cobra avant une Supra a 100%. On s'entend qu'une supra sans bodykit ou mag, c'est loin d'etre WOW comme peu l'etre un RX7 FD, tu dois etre le premier a le savoir, ca prend tout sur une Supra pour la rendre présentable...

Je sais que la plateforme est bonne pour faire du moteur, j'ai jamais dis le contraire... je montrais seulement d'autre option pour 650hp et 25 000$....

Al
Bon points, je suis d'accord avec toi haha :)

Ça semble beaucoup payer 30000$ pour une voiture de 20 ans, mais au moins elle va très peu ou pas déprécier si tu la garde en bon état.

Au final ça peut être un meilleur achat que de s'acheter une voiture neuve qui va perdre 10000$ en valeur en trois ans.

I personally believe that once the R34 skylines are able to be driven on our streets, the Supra will lose it's value.

If you think the Supra price's are high, wait until we can get our hands on a R34

I agree that the R34 will be in high demand, however keep in mind that replacement parts are not as easy to get as with a Supra. Having to wait 2 months for a gasket to arrive from Japan will deter many buyers.

I don't think the arrival of the R34 will impact the Supra's value.

En plus la Supra scrap sur la float dans F&F est N/A et le gars fait comme il avait trouvé le saint graal.

Why buy a Ferrari 250 GTO when you can buy a 2014 mustang v6? :dunno:

200.gif

Imo they are worth their money mostly due to their reliability even when heavily modded. It isn't so much about performance = value, you can get similar and/or better power figures out of a 2.7T for less money. Fact is, it won't be nearly as reliable though...

If I were in the market for an iconic appreciating vehicle I would think about an e34 M5 instead, but then again tastes vary.

I don't know the Supra as much as the NSX but one of the main reasons the Acura keeps it value so well is its reliability and cost of ownership compared to a Porsche or other Euro sports car.

When you research known issues for 911/Boxster/Cayman compared to the NSX, one car ends up being a heck of a lot more reassuring than the other.

I don't know the Supra as much as the NSX but one of the main reasons the Acura keeps it value so well is its reliability and cost of ownership compared to a Porsche or other Euro sports car.

When you research known issues for 911/Boxster/Cayman compared to the NSX, one car ends up being a heck of a lot more reassuring than the other.

Same for supras. They can go up to 4-5-600whp while being as reliable as a toyota camry.

This whole thread made me want a 2JZ

MTE5NTU2MzE2MTA0MjYzMTc5.jpg
MTE5NTU2MzE2MTA0MjYzMTc5.jpg

Seriously though. However I never really REALLY liked the look of a supra that much... Should probably get an is300 and swap it.

Usually if people do pay what others ask then it is worth it.

What i can personally say is that i find that a lot of cars from that generation have character, for example i would much rather have a Porsche 964 than any of the new ones.

Supra, NSX, RX7, Integra, Toyota gtae86, gtr, these are iconic cars that will never go out of style, they will always be desired, by of course a certain type of car enthusiast.

Even though Supras' are old, they have character, nice lines to their design, things that most cars: German or jap, even american are lacking now-days.

i personally own a very expensive and fancy 2011 bmw....but i am nowhere near as in love with it as i am with my 1991 vw mk1 cabriolet which i know i will take to my grave with me.

Cars like these are timeless, so to the right people they are worth every penny

That's just my oppin

quand suis aller acheter mon r34 GT jai egalement chercher aussi pour un supra et honnetment meme un NON-turbo 1996 etait exessivement chere... oui je comprend que c'est un monstre ste char la mais quand meme faudrai pas exageree. Au prix de la supra tu peux te procurer une vrai bete comme une Evo V ou VI et meme un R34 GTT peut etre meme GTR.

Tk mon point de vue.

Back