Paypal = piece of shit. My rant. ***UPDATE***

@cUr@-TL

Legacy Member
[RANT]

:rant::rant::rant:

I've been using Paypal for many years (10 years ? I dunno... I'm a verified, regular user) and in last May I was charged 2 times on my credit card and once directly in my bank account, each time for 150$. This was done in the middle of the night when I was sleeping, suposely came from SONY ENTERTAINEMENT or something. I never bought anything from them.

I ended up being refunded 150$ in my Paypal account and 150$ directly on my Visa. I still have to be refunded for the 150$ that was taken from my bank account.

A few weeks after that, I found out my Paypal account was limited because my CC company advised them of the situation.

Paypal asked me to confirm my identity by different ways (mail, phone, credit card statement, photo ID, etc.) I did all they asked even though it was a pain in the ass.

Last week I get an email in the afternoon from Paypal saying they had confirmed my identity. I thought I was good to go... Boy was I wrong.

I got an email 15 minutes later saying Paypal was CLOSING my account and that I could not appeal. It is a definite decision.

I have a 120$ balance in my account, and I'm still missing that 150$ from my bank account.

I called Paypal two times, each time I was told the dept. manager or whoever the fuck he his would call me back. Never got a call.

I am now stuck with a closed Paypal account. I cannot apply for another account, EVER (in my name, that is.) and I have to wait 180 days before I can recover my Paypal balance, and God knows what will happen with the 150$ that I still need to recover from the fraud.

They won't give me an explanation and they've got my money. PAYPAL CAN KISS MY A$$. :squintfin:squintfin:squintfin:squintfin

[/RANT]

Anybody had similar issues ? :dunno:

Last edited:
J'ai eu une expérience semblable avec Paypal. C'était une fraude et le processus en ligne menait nul part jusqu'à temps de leur parler au téléphone et le tout s'est réglé dans les 5 minutes. Rappelle les et assure toi qu'ils comprennent bien ton histoire avec toutes les preuves de retrait. Je ne vois pas pourquoi tu serais pénalisé quand c'est TOI la victime.

Des fois le monde est pas vite vite.

I wouldn't accept that the manager "call me back"
Call, and don't fuckin hang up until you reach someone high enough to compensate for your time wasted..
Reading things like this makes me maaad, that sucks!!
Been with paypal for 6-7 years and never had a problem, i use it almost once a week and i have 2 monthly subscriptions linked to it.

Hope it gets figured out, keep us updated i'm curious about the outcome

J'ai eu une expérience semblable avec Paypal. C'était une fraude et le processus en ligne menait nul part jusqu'à temps de leur parler au téléphone et le tout s'est réglé dans les 5 minutes. Rappelle les et assure toi qu'ils comprennent bien ton histoire avec toutes les preuves de retrait. Je ne vois pas pourquoi tu serais pénalisé quand c'est TOI la victime.

Des fois le monde est pas vite vite.

Je les ai appellé deux fois... les bozos qui me parlaient étaient plus pressés de raccrocher que de faire quoique ce soit pour m'aider.... Si j'ai pas d'appel encore vendredi je rappelle et je pousse encore plus fort.

JE me fais frauder de 450$ et ca finit que c'est moi qui perd mon compte Paypal... GREAT! :squintfin

Ils arrêtent pas d'me dire que c'est définitif, sans appel, bla bla bla... Can't believe it...

Wow des bo crosseur de mouche. Laisse toi pas faire personne peux jouer avec l'argent dun autre comme sa c'est de la fraude point

I try to use amazon a smuch as possible, their customer service is beyond stellar.

for other websites though I tend to use paypal... crossing my fingers nothing happens

En 2008 j'ai voulu me faire un compte paypal, ils m'ont demandé un shitload d'information, preuve de ma banque, etc.. première chose que je sais c'est que je suis banni définitivement, pour fraude.. wtf. Encore aujourdhui je peux pas utiliser paypal. Je me lève la nuit pour haïr paypal ciboire. J'ai jamais rien compris à cette histoire là..bref, fuck paypal!

PayPal once withheld a large sum of xx,xxx that I received as payment.. held the account and money for 30 + days till we sent in everything including stool samples... since that day PayPal never saw my business again.

Fuck 'em

I try to use amazon a smuch as possible, their customer service is beyond stellar.

for other websites though I tend to use paypal... crossing my fingers nothing happens

X2. Amazon sont incroyable.

Welcome to the club. Been there, done that.

http://www.paypalsucks.com/forums/

I've had trouble with both Paypal and Amazon. Nothing major in my case but still trouble.

What pissed me off the most is when you pay something or someone pays you it's immediately but when you're expecting a refund from Paypal it's 30 days. Like they don't use their own service? WTF..

And the amount of times I've ordered stuff from Amazon CANADA, CANADA, CANADA but then it's shipped from the US and either gets stuck at the customs or they charge me an extra fee for brokerage.

Ordering from the Internet is always going to have some risk. Deal with it. Accept it.

Call and don't hang up. Post what happens. I use paypal regularly, and would be not too happy if I had to stop due to lackluster security practices.

I thought about sueing (hell yeah) but I then I thought they probably have some random shit in their policies that says they can do whatever the fuck they want....

I will keep you guys posted.

(Of course I didn't get a call back from the "manager" today.)

Back