News: Micra cup?!?

Le Jour

Is this for reals?

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2014/10/nissan-micra-cup-new-affordable-race-series.html

Micra-Cup.jpg

Why not, on a eu la Echo cup. C'était des courses très intéressantes, où le pilote faisait vraiment la différence.

This series is for real.
It has a few good things going for it- one being there is room for this style spec series.
The prices look reasonable and you can finance the whole thing.

More info will be available later in November- but I suspect that it may be late for serious racers to sign up as they are in the commitment mode right now.

If this could mimic the very successful Echo cup series- it would be awesome.

And yes Greg- this is pretty cheap racing, not as CHEAP as Chumpcar but frickin close.

This series is for real.
It has a few good things going for it- one being there is room for this style spec series.
The prices look reasonable and you can finance the whole thing.

More info will be available later in November- but I suspect that it may be late for serious racers to sign up as they are in the commitment mode right now.

If this could mimic the very successful Echo cup series- it would be awesome.

And yes Greg- this is pretty cheap racing, not as CHEAP as Chumpcar but frickin close.
What I like is the consumables will be low and maintenance.

Now time to start "reading" the rule book ;)

real nice until I realized that the cars are unplatable. I mean, the fun of that car would be to have a system to just remove the steering wheel by an OEM to go back home, keep at least the driver's OEM seatbelt, and have enough space to carry 4X 15" non slick wheels.

thatd be a sick week-end racer!

Ok the cage is illegal.. but just dont get stopped lol, same as the good old echo cups

Can plate a gt3rs...can't plate a micra.

I think it makes sense from Nissan's perspective. I'm pretty sure they don't want to see their cup car on the evening news because it somehow got wrapped around a pole or ended up upside down in the ditch on a public road.

@kahos

?? never heard of echo cup?

Also.. whats worse.. wrapping it on a pole stock or a cup version?

Both is as bad i guess, as the cage isnt made for that kind of impact most probably.

$20K race car. It just hit me - that is just a little over the cost of running a 997 GT3 cup for one week-end, if absolutely nothing goes wrong with the Porsche.

Sure, you can't brag as much in your Country Club the next week-end, but that is damn cheap.

@kahos

?? never heard of echo cup?

Also.. whats worse.. wrapping it on a pole stock or a cup version?

Both is as bad i guess, as the cage isnt made for that kind of impact most probably.

I've heard of echo cup, I've seen them race. I wasn't aware they were driven on the streets afterwards.
I'm just thinking if the car is plastered with Nissan stickers, identifiable as sponsored by the manufacturer and a driver does something silly with the car on public road (road rage, dangerous driving, whatever) then Nissan PR ends up on the hook for it. IE were you not aware that driver X had a GEV in 2009? You let them driver a racekor on the streets? Think of the children!

I think it's great they're supporting local racing and I see everyone being better off with these cars being used as intended, on the track. For 20k I wouldn't consider this a deal breaker. It's still outstanding value for a turn key track car with all the research and prep done for you.

I wonder if broody is going to buy one?

Quelqu'un entre dans le dealer pour s'acheter une GTR et rouler vite avec, il ressort avec une Micra de course à la place :D

Quelqu'un entre dans le dealer pour s'acheter un Mustang et rouler vite avec, il ressort avec un Dart a la place... Been there, done that

Why not, on a eu la Echo cup. C'était des courses très intéressantes, où le pilote faisait vraiment la différence.

Seriously. La seule raison pourquoi la F1 est plus populaire c'est à cause des hot chicks et de la vitesse. (Parce qu'on sait très bien que la micra cup ca va pas très vite et les chicks viennent tous de joliette et ont eu 3 enfants). Sinon, la course auto devrait être exactement ça, un combat de pilotes. Pas un combat de nerds à lunettes qui ont réussi à construire un meilleur moteur que l'autre.

Back