new Lexus IS: am i the only one?

Thought Id hate it when the 1st pics were leaked... But ever since seeing a Sonic Blue IS350 F-Sport displayed at Toronto Pearson during a layover in 2012, I changed my mind.

Thats the only angle of the car that it looks really sick, the front is hideous...

Big ant eater face.

Doesnt the new IS250 IS350 still have the same ass engines except for the reinvented exterior & interior ???

I had an is250 and it sucked cock , fcking slow & bad fuel economy for a 2.5L v6. Hell , you would expect better fuel economy by making it a V6.

Acura & Lexus should of gone inline-4 turbos for 2015 models but instead, they both used old engines which cannot compete with BMW & Audi.

If i was in the market for a luxurious , entry level , good power & fuel economy. I would look at only Audi A4 / A5 & BMW 3 series. Im a japanese fan

but i just can't accept paying 40k++ for the same old engine.

TLX = Uses the J35 with tweaks with new tranny to improve fuel
ILX = Tweaked version of 2.4L K24 with new tranny to improve fuel

IS 250 / IS 350 , same old engines that has bad fuel economy and power but probably with new tranny to improve fuel.

Doesnt the new IS250 IS350 still have the same ass engines except for the reinvented exterior & interior ???

I had an is250 and it sucked cock , fcking slow & bad fuel economy for a 2.5L v6. Hell , you would expect better fuel economy by making it a V6.

Acura & Lexus should of gone inline-4 turbos for 2015 models but instead, they both used old engines which cannot compete with BMW & Audi.

If i was in the market for a luxurious , entry level , good power & fuel economy. I would look at only Audi A4 / A5 & BMW 3 series. Im a japanese fan

but i just can't accept paying 45k++ for the same old engine.

TLX = Uses the TL Type S engine 2006+ with tweaks with new tranny to improve fuel

IS 250 / IS 350 , same old engines that has bad fuel economy and power but probably with new tranny to improve fuel.

The 3.5L is a great engine. Bad fuel economy and power? You got it wrong.

Im actually kind of glad you can still get an entry level premium car with a 6 cylinder engine on the base model. Turbo fours are cool, but 6cyl sounds better, is smoother, and offers a more refined experience overall IMO. No doubt when you get on it the IS is disappointing compared to BMW's 2.0T, but if 99% of the time you drive around at less than a 1/4 throttle, I'd rather have the 6.

380742-bigthumbnail.jpg

something about the front reminds me of Predator....which makes this and all other new lexus' with this style of front aero....just WIN!

Im actually kind of glad you can still get an entry level premium car with a 6 cylinder engine on the base model. Turbo fours are cool, but 6cyl sounds better, is smoother, and offers a more refined experience overall IMO. No doubt when you get on it the IS is disappointing compared to BMW's 2.0T, but if 99% of the time you drive around at less than a 1/4 throttle, I'd rather have the 6.

I agree with you the aural experience isn't the same but I don't see the appeal of a gimped, small displacement 6 cylinder. There's just no benefit to them in this day and age IMO

I don't find torquey, turbo direct injected engines to lack in refinement by comparison at all. If anything I feel it's the opposite. They're so quiet and feel effortless getting you to speed. When I'm in a N/A car and it needs to downshift and rev to go up a slight grade I can't help but be a little disapointed.

The enthusiast in me still rolls my window down when I come across a VQ powered Nissan/infiniti or a VR6 with a decent exhaust booting it though. That sound is something the boosted 4s just can't match!

/New IS hasn't grown on me yet.

but i just can't accept paying 40k++ for the same old engine.

TLX = Uses the J35 with tweaks with new tranny to improve fuel

Long term though, for both maintenance costs and reliability, I`d trust a classic V6 much more than a boosted 2.0T that`s fairly new on top of it. I know most people lease these cars and couldn`t care less what happens in 6-8-10 years though.

And it`s not just a reinvented interior/exterior. The whole car is reinvented, except the engines that have a few minor tweaks. I guess the folks at Lexus told themselves why mess with a good thing.....for now, a 2.0T is coming mid-end of next year in the 2016. That one will offer similar numbers to BMW`s one.

V6s in small cars usually aren't that fun to work on. Everything is packaged tightly and you've got more components to work on (two heads, two manifolds etc)

Does this look maintenance friendly to you? More so than a straight 4?
engine.jpg

j'adore le design...j'en aurais surement une dans mon garage, mais j'ai pas les moyens et...il n'y a aucune version manuel.

V6s in small cars usually aren't that fun to work on. Everything is packaged tightly and you've got more components to work on (two heads, two manifolds etc)

engine.jpg

I said "I would....", you don't have to agree. Maybe I'm paranoid but yeah, I'd take the tight space V6 rather than have to deal/worry about a turbo car, german on top of it.

Mind you, I'm always thinking from the point of view of someone who would buy something like this used, with most likely at least 5yo/100k and most probably from an unknown source.

Bad fuel economy? Not powerful enough?

306hp 10-11L\100km...

I don't get it ? Please help me.
Btw those engines are bulletproof. Only thing that needs to be changed is spark plugs(+\- 2h to do)and accessories belts (+\-2h to do)

Love my is350. Luxury and sporty. And that mark levinson sound system is one of the best oem sound system. I totally love this car.

Probably will get a brand new is350 or a newer isf after my current one.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

engine.jpg

I honestly don't care. Car is brand new and under warranty. All works gets done by dealer, so it's not my problem if everything is packed tightly and hard to work on :p

Back