What to choose? 2009 A4, 2008 C300 4matic, Acura TL Type S?

ChrisMP5

Hi Everyone, been in a struggle for the past few days shopping my next car... I really like 3 models that are in my price range, 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan, 2008 C300 4matic and 2008 Acura TL Type S.

What do you guys think about these cars? I want to keep it for at least 2 or 3 years so maintenance and reliability is important. All cars have around 150k kilos. I also have 1 little boy so back room is important as well.

I really like the Audi but i am scared of the maintenance and reliability, the Mercedes is really nice but i never owned a Mercedes and the TL Type S as well.

At that mileage and year... TL type S

Not only is it a nicer car to me but you'll be at the garage much less than an audi or Mercedes

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

x2

TL-S SH-AWD

300 hp and I'd trust it much more at 150K km + it's more spacious which comes in handy when you have little kids.

2007-2008 Acura TL-S are FWD 3.5L. 2009+ are 3.7L SH-AWD.

If you go with the Type-S, wich in my opinion is the best choice for the buck, if you take one with AT transmission check for the 3rd gear faillure wich is a know problem for AT transmission in 04-08 TL. MT6 dosen't have that much trouble with the 3rd gear. Except that, they are great acura/honda product and will last forever.

I would be looking at an 2008-10 328xi instead. If the sedan is too small, get the wagon. Very very nice car all around, and good reliability.

TL-S duhhh. Luxury , reliability , 300hp V6 J35 engine. Watch out for tranny failures , timing belt job (yes its timing belt , SOHC VTEC) , rattling plastics / dashboard , front control arms bushings

Audi A4 2009. You might want a 2010 because they are timing chain and tfsi engines (much more reliable).

Benz, i don't know.

I have an 09 328xi.... im at 110k now... honestly apart from oil/tires/brakes..... havent had any issues

well had the rear bushings changed but thats a known issue and the dealer changed it under warranty since i have CPO

if you're not buying the car cash and you're going to finance... sometimes buying a CPO from a dealer for 2-3k more will actually cost less than getting a loan from the bank... since dealers can give you a much lower rate

TL-S duhhh. Luxury , reliability , 300hp V6 J35 engine. Watch out for tranny failures , timing belt job (yes its timing belt , SOHC VTEC) , rattling plastics / dashboard , front control arms bushings

Audi A4 2009. You might want a 2010 because they are timing chain and tfsi engines (much more reliable).

Benz, i don't know.

Pretty sure they switched to TFSI in 2009, so the model year he's looking at would be OK.

i really though about the 328xi as i had a 2005 325i and really loved it, but i heard that they are very unreliable engine and electronic wise.

Would this be a good choice? http://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camion...ne/1031252865?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

2008+ in non turbo versions have been extremely reliable.

You're still buying a 6-7 year old car with 150K, so don't expect it to be trouble free. With a little kid I'd spend the extra to get a certified car at the dealer with a warranty and roadside assistance, regardless of which car you get, but that's just me.

Acura hands down. If you are tall, the 3 Series and A4 are too small in the back (really crammed in there).

Tl + reliability? really?

Mon père a changé 2 transmissions en 120 000 km sur la sienne. On parle pas d'un petit morceau et ça semble pas mal fréquent...

Back