Buying a 3year warranty on 09 B8 Audi a4 2.0T Premium ?

ChrisMP5

Hey guys, i work for a used car dealership and recently picked up a 2009 Audi A4 2.0T with 123 kilos, i didnt pay much since it needed some love but i was wondering if getting a 3 year/40 000kilo bumper to bumper warranty at dealership cost ( 3700$ ) would be worth it! I plan on keeping it at least 3 years and im a bit scared of high maintenance cost on this car! I'm not scared of wheel bearing, brakes and normal stuff. By the way i dont drive a lot i do maximum 5-7000kilos a year!

My friend has an 05 A6 Premium with a 3.2 and reliability has been very great... However i read some horror stories on the internet about 2.0T and Electrical failure on this generation.

Any owner here who would like to give some help to decide!

Do you think its worth it or is this car reliable enough? By the way the Audi has a brand new turbo and many things things recently as her warranty expired at 120 kilos.

I think if you are nice to her she will tough 3 years with little to no headaches.

If you plan on beating her up at Napierville every other weekend...you should get the extended warranty.

As expensive as these cars are to repair, there would have to be some major issues/damage for you to run a bill of $3700.

Also, most of the little stuff that might go probably wouldn't be covered by the warranty for XYZ reasons...they always find a loop hole not to cover.

I faced the same problem as you 5 years ago when I bought my e90. The warranty had just expired when I bought it but I knew the maintenance was up to date and I decided to "risk it".

KNock on wood, I'm 5 years in and the car still runs like new. I don't beat it up like an idiot and power shift all over the place...but I still drive it faster than most and she loves it. I've done some regular maintenance (brakes, coil pack, oil changes every 4000, hand brake, etc...) but NOWHERE near $3700 in 5 years. I'd say on average...about $500 per year.

Mind you BMW is a built a little bit tougher than Audi IMO....

See what others say. I've only had one Audi A4 1.8T in my life and I loved it but the electrical issues were killing me. There was always at least 3 lights on the dash ;)

Cheers & good luck with your purchase!

Sean

Back