How to delete MR account ?

Danny could delete a user's post history by running a simple SQL query from the admin panel.

it's not that he can't it's that it look bad for advertisers to have less posts, less members, etc.

IMO all posts from the general section should be allowed to be deleted by a user as it's not at all related to cars.

all forums can fully delete users except MR

Wrong.

None of the forums I work with have this option. Certain forum software doesn't even have the option readily available. Nor is it allowed to delete all post (or partially). Nor editing posts after a certain time has passed.

You don't want to be there anymore? Just don't log in.
You want more? You can be banned if you REALLY want to.

For old post removal/edit it depends from place to place but the member better have a very good reason for this.

Wrong.

None of the forums I work with have this option.

Wrong

delete_user.jpg

Of course you can delete users in ANY vbulletin forum installation, and you dont even need to spit out an SQL query, it's supported in the vBulletin admin tool. This is a BASIC feature cmon every forum tool can add/edit/delete users lol.

You can also find all posts from any user and edit them. Say they give you a list of posts where they wanna remove their phone number and email, it's doable manually. Gonna take a short while, but it's not impossible.

It's possible but we don't do it. It hurts SEO, could cause db corruption, but most importantly, a lot of our traffic comes form search engines indexing past posts. If we delete the content of our website we are hurting ourselves. I've always offered to delete individual posts if the user has an issue with personal information but I won't simply remove a user's entire post history.

It's possible but we don't do it. It hurts SEO, could cause db corruption, but most importantly, a lot of our traffic comes form search engines indexing past posts. If we delete the content of our website we are hurting ourselves. I've always offered to delete individual posts if the user has an issue with personal information but I won't simply remove a user's entire post history.

Where can we re-read the forums terms and conditions?

Wrong

delete_user.jpg

Of course you can delete users in ANY vbulletin forum installation, and you dont even need to spit out an SQL query, it's supported in the vBulletin admin tool. This is a BASIC feature cmon every forum tool can add/edit/delete users lol.

You can also find all posts from any user and edit them. Say they give you a list of posts where they wanna remove their phone number and email, it's doable manually. Gonna take a short while, but it's not impossible.

I think you misunderstood.

He (RaptorJesus) said all forums have a delete account option.

Vbulletin is not the only forum software out there, there's tons of them.

The forums I work with are NOT Vbulletin and no, they do not have that option and even if they would, it would not be available to users. I never said VBulletin does NOT have that option.

So, yes, RaptorJesus was wrong and my statement is correct.

FYI the question about whether an account can be deleted (cancelled) is answered in the FAQ http://www.montrealracing.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_cancel

Suggestion to admin: you may wish to ensure the link under RULES / Terms of Service is accessible and correct any formatting / grammar issues on that page, i.e. the display of the link under the "I forgot my password or username" section , you're out of luck instead of your out of luck. under "I need to contact a member".

Seriously, I'm not trying to be an asshole but who cares?
You wanna leave, just don't sign in anymore.. does it really matter that your account is gone or not?
And who cares about your past posts?

I think you misunderstood.

He (RaptorJesus) said all forums have a delete account option.

Vbulletin is not the only forum software out there, there's tons of them.

The forums I work with are NOT Vbulletin and no, they do not have that option and even if they would, it would not be available to users. I never said VBulletin does NOT have that option.

So, yes, RaptorJesus was wrong and my statement is correct.
Oups my bad, jpensais tu parlais de Vbulletin et ce forum en particulier.

Back