Article: Reliability/fiabilité BMW vs Audi vs Mercedes

mig0s

Next year, i'll be looking for an used entry level luxury car and I've ALWAYS had Japanese cars since my first one when I turned 18... so I'm willing to try Euros for the first time in my life and the most important factor that I take into consideration is reliability. All my previous Japanese cars were all pretty reliable (honda, toyota, lexus, acura) and I want to keep it that way.

I've heard many sad stories about Euro cars' reliability in general but out of these 3 (BMW, Audi, Benz), which one is relatively more reliable in general? I know it's pretty vague and some models are more reliable than other but I just want to get a general idea. I don't know a lot about Euros so that'll be a good start. Or should I stay with the Japs? lol

All inputs are appreciated.

BMW or Audi !

BMW = 1. Performance, 2. Luxury/Comfort
Audi = 1. Luxyry/Comfort, 2. Performance

It depent on what do you research. I had only Japaneses cars too before, and now I only have Euros. (Audi A4, Audi S4 and now BMW X5) really love them!

I nerver had a Benz, they look really good too, but didn't heard good comment for them. Except for AMG :)

Good luck in your search!

BMW or Audi !

It depent on what do you research. I had only Japaneses cars too before, and now I only have Euros. (Audi A4, Audi S4 and now BMW X5) really love them!

I nerver had a Benz, they look really good too, but didn't heard good comment for them. Except for AMG :)

Op veut en savoir plus sur la fiabilité et tu parles de tout sauf la fiabilité.

What year?

Newer Audi have a great track record for reliability. My 2013 S5 has now reached 40,000km with only one issue, hands-free microphone replaced, and that's it. Still drives like the day I got it and all the materials in the car are still new.

114k here with my 2009 328xi

bought it used with 50k from the dealer....thank god for CPO warranty

I had a few small things like bushings that had to get changed which the warranty covers with a 50$ deductable only. Apart from those small things, oil change has been the only other thing and a recall.

Overall whichever one you like best you should make sure to get with CPO warranty

Audi A4 2002 (220 000km), Audi S4 2006 (175 000km) and BMW X5 2008 (90 000km) (like Persianrider said, no major problem like bushing, bearing, oil change, break.)

When it broke, its true, its expensive when we compare to Japanese cars, but in general they are really good cars!

BMW or Audi !

Pas ben ben d'accord avec ca. Audi pour la performance ? Ok mais c'est plate a conduire...

Don't know if maybe u've considered American Luxury! Lincoln or Caddy.....very reliable and fairly cheap when it comes to repairs...and for the same price as a euro u can get a more recent with less mileage!!

it's depend of the years and or /model you have in sight, because for example,the naturally aspirated bmw 3 serie are more reliable than their turboed version. Modern c class are better than the one that was on sale in the early 2000 from what I have heard. I can speak with experience that the Audi A4 are not that bad with the 1.8t and great with the 2.8 v6, but the 2.0t in modern a4 seem that have a lot of engine problems. Since you want a euro entry luxury car, if I was you, I would also be looking at Volvo's, they have some interesting products and they seem to be pretty reliable (most of them)

Mon cousin était directeur des ventes dans un concessionnaire BMW, des BMW flambette il en voyais arrivé sur la float a TOUT les jours.

On dirais qu'ils mettent de plus en plus d'électronique sans pour autant avoir arrangés les troubles électrique passé(et je parle autant pour Audi, MB que BMW)..

Parcontre j'ai plusieurs amis avec des BMW, 135i, E46, etc et ils sont tous très fiable. Je pense que pour chaque marques, sa dépend du modèle..

Probablement la Mercedes est la moins fiable et sans doutes la + couteuse a reparer et mantenir.
Suvi de BMW et Audi.
Donc kk de genre Audi >BMW>Mercedes

Probablement la Mercedes est la moins fiable et sans doutes la + couteuse a reparer et mantenir.
Suvi de BMW et Audi.
Donc kk de genre Audi >BMW>Mercedes

Je suis exactement du meme avis et je dirais que les clients qui viennent me voir en concession abordent dans le meme sens.

Mercedes etant la pire des 3 depuis quelque annes en plus d'avoir la schedule de maintenance la plus cher de tous

350$ first service vs 200$ Audi vs inclus BMW

Audi mis a part le 2.0t qui peu importe la generation a 1 toujours un probleme "generation actuel =ring de piston" conssomation d'huile ,tout le reste est depuis quelque années plutot genial , les B8 sont solide et fiable

Bmw c'est la plus aleatoire des 3 German , tu peu avoir une auto exeptionel plus fiable qu'une audi ou un tas de marde pire qu'une Land rover 2004 , mais dans les 3 c'est elle qui a le plus gros "fun factor" sans devoir aller dans les serie sport

Back