MR now hosted on new server. Tell me if you think it's fast.

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
I've changed hosting companies and server admins in order to provide a site with much quicker page load times. The move was completed by 8h30 this morning. This has happened every four years or so since MR was created and each time the new host thought they knew what they were doing but didn't really. I always had a hard time understanding what was so damn hard about hosting a vbulletin site.

Anyways judging by the speed of the website on the new server it finally seems like we have a site that is hosted and setup properly. The new admin is amazing. I just wish I would have found him five years ago. I sincerely hope this marks the end of slow page load times on this website.

We've spent a bit more cash to really ensure we have enough power to run this place. If you would be kind enough to remove adblocker and see for yourself if the page load times are acceptable I would really appreciate it ;).

Yes, this morning it's quicker. It was laggy on Tapatalk last night but this morning over breakfast it was snappy. Thanks! No adblock here.

Yes, this morning it's quicker. It was laggy on Tapatalk last night but this morning over breakfast it was snappy. Thanks! No adblock here.

Last night was unbelievably slow for some reason. I'm so happy to be done with that server company.

I've changed hosting companies and server admins in order to provide a site with much quicker page load times. The move was completed by 8h30 this morning. This has happened every four years or so since MR was created and each time the new host thought they knew what they were doing but didn't really. I always had a hard time understanding what was so damn hard about hosting a vbulletin site.

Anyways judging by the speed of the website on the new server it finally seems like we have a site that is hosted and setup properly. The new admin is amazing. I just wish I would have found him five years ago. I sincerely hope this marks the end of slow page load times on this website.

We've spent a bit more cash to really ensure we have enough power to run this place. If you would be kind enough to remove adblocker and see for yourself if the page load times are acceptable I would really appreciate it ;).

Wow, terrible de beau move :p J'enleve Adblock sur le champ. Le site est rendu vite en maudit :D

40ms de lag entre Montréal et le Texas. Mais sinon le reste est OK par ici. J'imagine que comme pour le reste le Québec n'est pas dans les prix pour le hosting de serveurs VS USA.
Dans les circonstances, excellent move. Merci Danny.

...Et le fournisseur semble hosté directement sur Level3. Normalement Level3 fournit un service haut de gamme.

MR-Tracert.png

can you please re-add the subdomain redirect

forums.montrealracing.com??

Sure, you'll gain a ton of traffic once thats back ;)

Much faster!

Adblock removed since the picture-ception is gone and honestly i dont see the difference. the adds arent annoying at all.

Back