News: It Turns Out Montreal Police Actually Do Have Ticket Quotas

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
1114-spvm-quota.jpg

http://www.montrealracing.com/wp/wp/...ticket-quotas/

According to an internal email obtained by the Journal de Montreal, police officers are required to hand out 160 tickets per month. That total is further broken down by type:
- 25 to pedestrians
- 24 to cyclists
- 25 for talking on cellphone of texting
- 25 at intersections
- 20 for speeding
- 40 for other miscellaneous infractions

A spokesperson for the SPVM denied to MontrealRacing.com back in July that ticket quotas are used. We are awaiting a clarification on the matter.
The Police are vehemently opposed to using quotas but it’s the city of Montreal which imposes it on them. The union has asked public security minister Lise Thériault, to introduce legislation banning the use of quotas and also evaluating officers based on the number of tickets issued.

«Ça prend une loi pour obliger les villes à mettre les constats d’infraction au service de la sécurité routière plutôt qu’au service de la taxation du public», said Yves Francoeur, president of the Montreal police brotherhood.
Sources: http://www.cjad.com/cjad-news/2014/1...-ticket-quotas
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...ions-au-quebec

Ya vraiment quelqu'un que ça surprends ??! Ils nous ont menti ... Wow big deal venant d'une institution municipal / provincial / fédéral ...
Juste surpris de voir qu'ils ont des quotas avec plein de catégorie ... 25 pietons !! Les chiens qui font caca ça ...

DEv

I can't wait to see if the cops will still talk about this issue when their ''convention collective'' will be signed. I hope this isn't just a way to try and win the population's respect over their union issues.

I'm not even surprise... but I'm pretty sure they can give 100 tickets easily without even sweating, If we see a lot of bad driver everyday, imagine the cops how much they see in a day....

- 25 to pedestrians (Just go on Mont-royal.... freaking hipster crossing on Red like they ruled the street.....)
- 24 to cyclists (Meh, they have a bike squad for that)
- 25 for talking on cellphone of texting (They should give more of this.... so much asshole cutting with their phone in hand not looking at the road...)
- 25 at intersections (Easy, just stand at rush hour corner and see how many pass the red light....)
- 20 for speeding
- 40 for other miscellaneous infractions (ti-coune driving and zig zag in traffic, drunk people at 3 am pissing everywhere outside of bar.....)

its just number, I prefer cops doing this then some Ferguson case here.....

clearly devoting near 40% of their energy to the class of people that are the less dangerous to other users (pedestrians and cyclists), they must be working for our safety... :jack:

Not surprising, even on mr there was some cop members who laughed at ppl who believed there was a quota.
Real shitheads

should be 159 to cyclists
and 1 for pedestrians

i have to admit I'm a jaywalker but some of these asshats don't give a fk.

I'm not even surprise... but I'm pretty sure they can give 100 tickets easily without even sweating, If we see a lot of bad driver everyday, imagine the cops how much they see in a day....

- 25 to pedestrians (Just go on Mont-royal.... freaking hipster crossing on Red like they ruled the street.....)
- 24 to cyclists (Meh, they have a bike squad for that)
- 25 for talking on cellphone of texting (They should give more of this.... so much asshole cutting with their phone in hand not looking at the road...)
- 25 at intersections (Easy, just stand at rush hour corner and see how many pass the red light....)
- 20 for speeding
- 40 for other miscellaneous infractions (ti-coune driving and zig zag in traffic, drunk people at 3 am pissing everywhere outside of bar.....)

Exact, je ne vois pas vraiment le problème. La ville veut simplement pas que les policiers se pognent le beigne car l'argent que génère les contraventions est une sommes importante de revenu. ON est loin d'être au Mexique où la police vous arrêtes pour absolument aucune raison à part de luncher sur votre bras,

Not surprising in the least bit, but every bit wrong.

Remember the days when they used to hand out warnings instead?

arrêtez de chialer c'est pour vous rendre service qu'ils ont des quotas et en plus comme ça il y en a une bonne gang qui ont pas à utiliser leur manque de jugement, la société ''s'occupe'' de vous, come on people!

Entre une police attitrée au CSR pis une pute, est où la différence? la pute reçoit des ticket à essayer de gagner sa vie, la police en donne pour mousser son fonds de pension et justifier un nombre inutile de jobs, les 2 travaillent pour des macros et y en a pas un qui est moins putain que l'autre! La différence c'est que la pute, elle se cache pas d'être une pute et tu sais pourquoi elle fait son travail.

gang de bandits costumés!

Bon c'est dit. Sorry pour les policiers sur le board qui font un travail utile et qui savent encore se servir de leur tête plutôt que d'agir comme une marionnette qui travaille juste pour des chèques de payes (j'en ai pas contre les individus personnellement). Il y en a qui font encore honneur à l'uniforme de nos jours et malheureusement le reste se cache derrière quand ils enfilent le costume. Checkez vous ben dans le miroir ce soir et posez-vous la question honnêtement en vous regardant dans le blanc des yeux si ce que vous faites est vraiment utile à la société dans l'application que vous en faites...

Last edited:
A spokesperson for the SPVM denied to MontrealRacing.com back in July that ticket quotas are used. We are awaiting a clarification on the matter.

I kind of LOLed reading this... So who the hell do MR think he is ? tout ce qui est repondu a MR doit etre veridique??? Nikka pliiize

Just pass a law that make all the $$$ from tickets go to a fund for victims of drunk drivers & other crimes of the road.

I guarantee you the next day the police force is slashed in half in most large cities.

Plus, let's say a cops give those those ~160 tickets, with an average value of 60$ each, they take roughtly 10,000$ in for the city each. Considering the fuel they burn with their car, the cost of maintening the fleet (including the cost of the workforce), all the pensions and other benefits of those involved... I'm not even sure the city break even.

Back