Anyone living near a train track ? (St-Constant\Delson\Ste-Catherine) line ?

Wow.

Thanks everyone for the answers.

I found a really nice home but the train track passes right behind it, I guess it's diesel since the only electric ligne is Deux-Montagnes.

The big plus is that I can walk to the Gare and take the train and be at work in 35 mins.
The minus side is that it can be noisy.

I don't mind the noise during the day on weekdays and week-ends, but I have a very light sleep.

The track is kinda near, it's like 100meters from the home approx.

I'll guess i'll go visit the home while the train passes to verify.

Really depends on the soundproofing of the house.
Windows open I hear the train like next to me. Closing windows (double) I rarely hear it. You do feel the vibrations...but i guess you get used to it after a few weeks.

gonna chime in here...
I live in montreal downtown 100m from a freight line (streets courcelle and acorn), which happens to be a crossing as well.
I'm easily bothered by noise, and it's quite loud truthfully. Thank god we have good sound proofing.

OP, I think you made the right choice, we're all different, and you gotta think about yourself and what you need.

cheers

Y'a un chemin de fer à environ 300m de chez moi et je ne sais même pas s'il y a des train qui passent dessus.

Make sure you don't live near a turn on the tracks.

You'll HATE the stupid high-pitch sound of metal against metal.

Anyone who's heard a train go through a turn will know what I mean.

I'm on the 6th floor of a building next to a train track that turns and trust me, it's fucking annoying.

Back