Break-in and theft: Black Range Rover Evoque , Keg Parking lot Carrefour Laval

Kaimera

Legacy Member
A dear friend of mine just got his rear trunk window smashed in and his briefcase lifted from his car at the Keg this evening. Laptop, passport and a few other items and documents.

Has anyone seen anything or know anything?

He called the cops and will check with Carrefour security and Keg personnel for footage tomorrow.

Any MR amry help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

sorry to hear..

but why in the name of shattered glass would anyone leave a briefcase with passport and cpu in a rover, in a parking lot, in laval..

^x2.

Je ne laisse même pas un papier suspect traîner sur le banc arrière quand je vais au carrefour laval..

Triste situation malheureusement :(

you know they have these handheld machines that can detect lithium batteries right ? so they just walk around cars with it and BAM they know exactly which one and where has a laptop or Ipad ....

they dont check through windows anymore

I have a friend that had a laptop in the trunk of his chrysler (so not visible at all and he didnt put it there when he parked either for someone to see)... stolen

you know they have these handheld machines that can detect lithium batteries right ? so they just walk around cars with it and BAM they know exactly which one and where has a laptop or Ipad ....

I have a friend that had a laptop in the trunk of his chrysler (so not visible at all and he didnt put it there when he parked either for someone to see)... stolen

jesus christ! FML!

I've been reading up on it alot because I live in an area downtown with lots of people that come/go for supper ,I come out at least once a week to a random broken window or trunk open and it just doesnt make sense why they would pick that one car out of a bunch

the other possibility is Wi-Fi (which would make more sense than detecting the batteries according to what I've read)

you close the lid on your laptop but it only goes into sleep mode, they detect the wifi with applications and voila... stolen laptop

btw the cars that have broken windows... sometimes its DARK ass tints and i'll pass by and the person says the laptop was on the floor in a black bag and the window is tinted as fuck with black interior....

I've been reading up on it alot because I live in an area downtown with lots of people that come/go for supper ,I come out at least once a week to a random broken window or trunk open and it just doesnt make sense why they would pick that one car out of a bunch

the other possibility is Wi-Fi (which would make more sense than detecting the batteries according to what I've read)

you close the lid on your laptop but it only goes into sleep mode, they detect the wifi with applications and voila... stolen laptop

btw the cars that have broken windows... sometimes its DARK ass tints and i'll pass by and the person says the laptop was on the floor in a black bag and the window is tinted as fuck with black interior....

Yep no other way they could have known, he didn't open his trunk and place the briefcase in it at the Keg.
He placed it in the trunk at the airport then drove to the Keg.
He is a legit corporate guy, unaware of the streets so this may be a wake-up call but still sux.

In any case if anyone seen anything any help would be much appreciated

Best thing to do is to bring in your briefcase with you.
Everytime I go somewhere I do this now. You can never be too careful.

Wifi detection makes more sense

I was at carrefour yesterday but parked near table 51, im glad the ipads in my car were turned off!!

Hope your legit-corporate friend (lol kidding) recovers his stolen goods, though im sure he wont be leaving passports in car anymore

^^At all.
What @persian said is right.
But is not new at all.
It's been a few years cops keep on catching them with this system.
Any Li-Ni battery is detectable....so don;t hide anything anywhere in the car....they know is there.
Works for hiddens GPS too unfortunately!
The good news for some, might be is that they ALMOST ALWAYS target expensive cars.

gr8 info m8, thanks

What's funny is people thinking that thieves who smash and grab out of car windows search for signals with "Battery detectors". It's more like the luck of the draw, they smash the window of a luxury car or SUV and hopefully stumble upon something. There is no such thing as a Li-Ni detector or battery detector Ask yourself this Wouldn't such a device pick up the car battery first as it's the largest source of power and the emission from the car modules since those are always powered? Yes you can search for bluetooth/wifi signals if transmitting. Hell you can do it with a cellphone. Now if such items are in a conventional trunk then it gets harder as the trunk acts of a shield of sorts.

I know if you break into my car you'll get an ipod touch, some petty cash from the center console and maybe some other items of value.

Damn.. With all the people in carrefour Laval they still have the guts to do shit like this... Its impossible that no one saw the thieves do it

Damn.. With all the people in carrefour Laval they still have the guts to do shit like this... Its impossible that no one saw the thieves do it

People these days don't care so long as it's not theirs.

Even if they did, people would probably be more likely to shoot a video of it to show their friends and family than to either step up or report it.

Back