Night project (bike build)

Quand j'ai fait faire mon frame: j'ai enlever la plaque de metal riveté(remis apres) le VIN y est inscrit..mais c'Est pas le officiel.
le VIN officiel est punché sur le neck du frame.
Pour etre sur de ne pas le "perdre" dans la peinture: tu le tape (avec leur tape haute température) le plus petit que tu peut.
Apres le powdercoat: tu laisse le tout la.

Si jamais tu te fais arreter et qu'il veut absolument le voir: la tu le découpera en fesant attention et ensuite tu mets plusieurs couche de vernis a onglet.

Mais tu l'enleve pas tant que pas 100% nécessaire (Sinon la protection contre les intempérie/corrosion est diminué.)

il n'y a pas de rivet sur ces frame, il est juste puncher sur le "headset". Il va juste mettre un peu moins de peinture à cet endroit, mais il devrait être visible quand même :)

Santa got lost this year. So I was pretty happy to see him today. The parts are still at powdercoating, waiting for them. No rush, as I prefer a better price and quality over rushed items!

The old cush drive were busted, I saw that my old excentric was word from touching them.

New polyurethane stuff

For 168g saving

Old rear sprocket (AFAM 520 steel)

New JT aluminum and carrier (520)

543g saving

Got the front sprocket, but no reference to stock

New rim VS old

Old marchesini cast aluminium with Dunlop 180-55 qualifier tire: 11.34kg
New Marchesini forged aluminium with Pirelli Diablo 190-50: 9.43kg

Total weight saving: 2.6kg or 5.75 lbs of rotating mass. Not bad!

Your old cush drive look brand new to new...you should see My RS125 ones when they ar busted (The inner sleeve is not "glued" to the rubber anymore ) ;) And those urethane one make a harsh shifting(which isn't really good for transmission gear's dog. :(

New sprocket look is superb..but Al on the street is "bad" they wear way too fast.

All around: New stuff is awesome looking and will make one hell of a bike!

well, the cush drive are separated from the inner sleeve already! It ate most of my eccentric adjustment ring...

as for the sprocket, I don't expect it to last very long either. It was 30$, so I gave it a try. the good thing with the rear sprocket carrier is it makes the gear replacement so much easier.

for the transmission, I didn't know. We'll see next year when I will build the engine ;)

But for now, the engine will be "stock" with new belts and cam dialed. I just got it back actually:
Cam timing specs
Before
Front cylinder timing
In 106
EX 110

vertical
IN 114
EX 110.5

Now
Front cylinder
IN 103.5
EX 106.75

Vertical
IN 103.5
EX 107

Setups like this are usually good for 148-150 RWHP. we'll see

good.
the cush drive isnt that bad: but something to know when you'll feel the harder shifting a bit.

(pretty much know nothing about timing :| (and ti's different for each config)

Update, and for the first time with proper quality pictures lol. I pulled out the camera for the first time, as my BB (blackberry)’s camera is useless.

Assembled the rear sprocket with new cush drives. I’m very pleased with the final look.

Water tank got blasted and recoated. The fitting were brass, so I asked them to coat them as well. The NPT thread in aluminum might have been hard to match the position.

Kickstand in black. I wanted to trim it, but I have to stop wasting my time on details and get going on the bike rebuild! I didn’t have a kickstand switch, so I will remove the wiring and do it properly

Fuel tank cap together. I bought a new cap to get another OEM ring as this one is ruined. The tank doesn’t look so good in the picture, the flash doesn’t help. But…

Speaking of fuel tank, got my hands on this. It need to be coated (inside), and sand (outside) as it is a little on the rough side. I might as well sell it…

Lower triple got his bearing. I left it outside yesterday and forgot it. Pressing the new bearing wasn’t so hard.

Frame as it sits now

Got my second swingarm. This one is in good condition. Without fairings, the bike would have look better with the silver as it make a color difference and not just another shade of black. But with the fairing on, I always find the 1098 with silver swingarm missing un petit je ne sais quoi.

When I bought the bike (first pic on this thread), it was a biposto. I changed the fairing (and keept the biposto subframe) last summer; but this year I am doing a subframe swap for mono. When I got the tank, I got a deal on a carbon rear fairing. I didn’t pay too much attention, but opening the package I realize that it doesn’t have vents. I think I prefer that look. However, I need to make new brackets to install it as it doesn’t have OEM mounting points.

Better view of the dirty front wheel. It will look odd (this year) since it won’t match the rear wheel. Never mind, the front rotors hide most of it. When I ordered the rotor I didn’t know if I should have take the regular or theses rotors. I think I made a good decision.

New and old engines. I really dig the new black valve cover. But now, the strap cover look out of place.

And since this bike is going to be a bastard; might as well replace the fairing. Since the tail and airbox are carbon, only missing the front end and fairing… or is it missing?

Nice... Les mono sont la plupart du temps des tail de course avec les lumiere decoupé..pour ca pas les attache oem.

Pour ton swingarm qui a besoin d'amour: un blast au soda ou bille de verre et il va revenir comme neuf ;)

Nice !! le mono que je pense qu'il est aftermarket, je l'ai fitter pour tester et le ketch a l'air d'être aligner, sa prend juste 1/2 de spacer environ

Nice... Les mono sont la plupart du temps des tail de course avec les lumiere decoupé..pour ca pas les attache oem.

Pour ton swingarm qui a besoin d'amour: un blast au soda ou bille de verre et il va revenir comme neuf ;)
Le silver était grafigner, mais j'en ai déjà acheter un autre noir. je vais installer le noir comme je dis dans mon post; les bearins du gris sont à remplacer anyway.

Nice !! le mono que je pense qu'il est aftermarket, je l'ai fitter pour tester et le ketch a l'air d'être aligner, sa prend juste 1/2 de spacer environ
oui c'est un aftermarket en carbone. l'attache pour le fairing est différente, je sais. si tu utilise un fairing OEM mono sur un subframe biposto, ça prend une bracket spécial ou des spacers. mais là, c'est un autre type d'attache complètement; puisque les bikes de course n'ont pas de latch pouur lever le siège. Mais comme il n'y a pas de rangement sous le siège, je vais p-e le fermer de façon "permanante" avec des vis.
si ta un cluster a vendre je suis preneur, la vitre du mien est craquée
J'ai mon speedo en miles...

La blasting au bille de verre remet l'alu a nu Le graphigne étant généralement dans le coaiting et non pas dans l'alu direct: ca devient tout smooth.
j'ai fait mon moteur de RS125 comme ca et il est revenu comme neuf.(pas peu dire pour un 1989 qui a courser tout ca vie)

Engine & forks meet the engine for the first time yesterday

still A LOT of work to do, but it is nice to see something where my bike used to be!

Update
J’ai dut ressortir le moteur pour pouvoir installer le swingarm à cause du design. Il y a un pivot qui entre dans le frame, coincé entre le moteur. Comme je n’ai pas un vrai bon stand (pour le moment), j’ai du tout re-démonté (fourche, subframe, fillage).
J’ai finalement installé le moteur correctement, fini la conversion de fourche + freins avant. J’ai installé un shock arrière temporaire car mon shock ohlins ne clear pas le frame à cause du pre-load adjustment.

J’ai fait machiner mon nouveau link pour ajuster la hauteur

J’ai vendu mon ancien moteur (avec la transmission). J’en ai donc profiter pour le peser : 166 lbs sans les throttle body, sans coils mais avec 2L d’huile.
Le nouveau moteur est à 149 lbs avec coils sans TB avec 2L d’huile. Il est donc environ 18 LBS plus léger, biens qu’il produit 60 HP de plus tel quel. Le plan est d’ouvrir le moteur l’hiver prochain pour changer pistons/crank/cam pour briser la barrière des 175WHP.

Avant re-démontage avec une roue avant dummy

Maintenant

Pivot custom machiner sur un 5 axe

J’ai aussi peser quelques pièces.
Mon tail une pièce OEM

Mon nouveau tail en carbone sans trou de ventilation

Donc ça progresse tranquillement, j’ai encore un peu de temps avec la super météo. Il reste quand même pas mal de travail à faire…

long overdue update
The bike is not ready. Engine has been out and is back in with the new swingarm; I had to removed the fork and tripple to do so.

then, I reassembled the bike. then, I got new forks and Ohlins FGR 30mm cartridges, so I split it once more!!

tested the exhaust

cooling circuit is almost done with new silion hoses, new temperature sensors and fan switches. New 748R 2 pieces carbon airbox with custom made bottom to fit the engine, velocity stacks and injector mounts

next: electrical work, fuel hoses and few details. Then, exhaust work at RD Turbo.

Back