2015 Formula One Season Thread

Wow Hamilton... .6s faster than Rosberg. But Rosberg is .8s faster than P3!! Mercedes is in a different league

However the battle for P3-P8 will be amazing. Good run by Massa and excellent progress from Ferrari. McLaren is last on the grid

Well, the FIA wanted a green F1 Championship and that is what they are getting. Honda running detuned engines, Manor in the pits with software bugs, and a runaway championship for 2015. Lewis's goal should be to win all races, that would be more impressive than another WC. And then there is the fight for 3rd best in the drivers Championship, and 2nd best in the constructor WC. Both of which are meaningless if you can't fight for wins.

If I were Alonso, I would sit out all season and go cycling instead then run in a shitty Ron Dennis-Honda car.

Well, the FIA wanted a green F1 Championship and that is what they are getting. Honda running detuned engines, Manor in the pits with software bugs, and a runaway championship for 2015. Lewis's goal should be to win all races, that would be more impressive than another WC. And then there is the fight for 3rd best in the drivers Championship, and 2nd best in the constructor WC. Both of which are meaningless if you can't fight for wins.

If I were Alonso, I would sit out all season and go cycling instead then run in a shitty Ron Dennis-Honda car.

I've said it for a long time SportsCars is where it's at, this article is worth a read.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/mar/13/bernie-ecclestone-f1-le-mans?

The LMP1 Category is the strongest it's been in years, the LMP2 Category is getting increasingly stronger,

the GT category has been for years, Aston Martin, Corvette, Porsche with factory programmes in GT, not to mention the privateers.

acb321b9-6efc-4582-8842-ae42ce910419-2060x1236.jpeg

Magnussen out (blown engine), Kvyat apparently out (some car problem) and the race starts in 15min lol

And those titanium inserts added to create more sparks cuz they look cool. Facepalm, strong everything, good job uncle Bernie.

No way, Arnold. LMAO.
Best post race interview ever.

"I interviewed the most fittest people, the strongest people, now the most fastest people."

lol you guys still expect something from f1?

I genuinely thought it could be fixed until a few months ago. Honestly I don't know what the solution is...Cost cap ? (they'll have smart accountants and spend twice the amount), Homologation (le mans style, obviously they'll keep updating the cars through loop holes), what else ?

I really lost all faith when Force India, not exactly a front running team, rejected the proposal from Marussia to come back. Marussia wanted to come back so they could get their money for coming 10th place in the championship (40 million). All teams had to agree on it so when the answer from Force India came in, the default answer was no. This just shows how little effort they're willing to make to save the sport. Force India should realise they're in the same boat as Sauber, Lotus and Marussia...

The only team for which it makes sense to be in F1 right now is Ferrari. F1 IS their marketing budget, they're racing so they can sell overpriced road cars to fat old men by saying ''it has F1 technology'' (yeah right). Makes 100% sense for them, but for all the other ones it's ridiculous.

Williams made a £15M loss last year, their money now comes from their Williams Advanced Engineering company, which now employs more people than the F1 team itself.

Mercedes was getting worried about fuel levels remaining towards the end of the race if the radio chatter is to be believed. Massa also commented that the Mercedes works cars have much higher HP levels compared to the customer engines. Sauber was impressive! P5 from Nasr. The guys at Ferrari must be smiling hard with Vettel on board, very very impressive turn around. Horner is moaning that the FIA impose regulations on Mercedes.. boohoo

In before Alonso has more "amnesia" because McLaren in the shits now..

LMAO, that exact thought crossed my mind while watching the race.

The fact that somehow Button managed to finish is a miracle.. The only reason he finished P11 is because of the retirements. MAG blew up on the formation lap!
When MAL crashed the crowd was laughing!

Back