Looking into a used B200

snakoil

Legacy Member
I noticed that these cars can be had for very cheap (around 10k$ for less than 80k km for 2009-2010 model year)
They are the right size for me and turbo models seem a bit more peppy than my current Elantra Touring

Since the car was only sold in Canada i'm having hard time finding used car reviews on the web about it

Anybody here have relatives with long term ownership.

What are the expected things to break on this car?
How long does the engine last?
Can most work be handled by regular mechanic (not dealer)?
Are parts easy to find for it?

any info would be very much appreciated

I had an ex colleague whom had one. Parked it outside in a hailstorm. I've never seen metal pit so easily from the impacts.

Not a fan. Buy a Honda Fit.

it's been sold in Europe since 2005,Japan 2006, my cousin had one in Portugal, loved it, no major problems.

I think VR70SIK had one/still does.

it's been sold in Europe since 2005,Japan 2006, my cousin had one in Portugal, loved it, no major problems.

I think VR70SIK had one/still does.

V70Rsik ..lol

I had 2 B200 turbos and I loved them, they are extremely well designed and ergonomic. I then got a B250 Sport and it was 99999999x better.

DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!

The most unreliable car out there!

We have often had repair bills of over $5k. They are great for the first 4 years, but after, they start to fall apart; transmission issues, power steering rack, major engine issues.

If you do, get an extended warranty (third party) and come see us. We know them in an out!

DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!

The most unreliable car out there!

We have often had repair bills of over $5k. They are great for the first 4 years, but after, they start to fall apart; transmission issues, power steering rack, major engine issues.

If you do, get an extended warranty (third party) and come see us. We know them in an out!

Hi Vince, I was also wondering if I could have it maintained by someone else than the dealer.
Happy to know you guys can do the work as I really liked the work you did on my 924 a year ago.

Could it be that those issues are more common on Turbos or also for the regular NA model?
Transmission was it CVT or manual?

I'll make sure to bring it up to you guys for a checkup before putting down payment

Hi Vince, I was also wondering if I could have it maintained by someone else than the dealer.
Happy to know you guys can do the work as I really liked the work you did on my 924 a year ago.

Could it be that those issues are more common on Turbos or also for the regular NA model?
Transmission was it CVT or manual?

I'll make sure to bring it up to you guys for a checkup before putting down payment

Both are not reliable, turbo or NA. Starter are also replaced almost every 30k kms. CVT transmission are real crap. Don't know for manual though.

Crap can's .. the CVTs love to crack valve bodies, the electrics are dodgy even by bezn standards, sludge/oiling issues.

I would steer clear

there's a reason they are so cheap and so many for sale compared to say an A3. I researched them about 1 year and a half ago and too many horror stories and bad reviews.

more problems and more expensive to own than a C-class and even a E-class IMO, they are hard to repair, everything is really cramped.

je me rappelle lautre fois quand jetait chez Vag y parlais justement dun client avec un B200 que toute avais peté dessus et que le starter brisais a chaque 30k :p achete pas un b200 dude

I too looked into them too a year ago while i was car shopping, i think it has great interior dimensions, real nice, and it looks decent, but I just got the feeling that these cars are not made equal to other benzes, plus the base engine is blah, and the turbo with a fwd= no thanks, and after a good session of reading reliability reviews and impressions I was turned off a bit more.

Back