TheGreatOnes's E60 M5

TheGreatOne

Legacy Member
People still modding cars these days?? lmao

Hey guys,

So I picked up an 2008 Silverstone II M5 last fall.

Its funny I didn't know how epic these cars were until I was researching something with 4 doors that could replace my 370Z. V10, bespoke engine, but not to mention some engine failures you read about which are scary lol.

Bought it essentially stock, originally a US car.

I miss my Z but having 507 hp is a whole other level :D

Hopefully I keep it for some time. I do have an extended warranty on it which gives piece of mind. Going through a Divorce right now so its a lot of car to handle at the moment...might have to downsize but I've fallen in love already.

MODS

EXTERIOR

- Gloss Black M Grill
- Black M Fender Grill
- CF License Frame
- Sport Trunk Lip

SUSPENSION

- H&R Springs
- H&R 20mm Front and rear spacers

ENGINE

- Borla Exhaust
- Cats removed
- RPI Ram Intake Kit (not installed)

LIGHTING

- Trinity Motorsport 20W Angle Eyes
- 17 piece White interior kit (not installed)
- M Curtesy Light

I had to get rid of the chrome grills the minute I got it

The Angle eyes before 2012 were very yellow, so upgraded those to 20W from Trinity Motorsport Angle Eyes

My old Z....I still miss her thought. Was good bang for the buck. Saw pics where the guy who bought it went to car shows with it and won stuff, WTF :(

I used to see you pass by atwater very often with the Z last summer, nice upgrade !
Any plans for the wheels ?

E60 M5, one of my dream cars, closest sounding car to an older F1 V10 engine.

<----Officially jelly.

Sorry about the divorce Sean :-(

But I love your new ride, I'd love to sit in the passenger seat while you unleash that v10 awsomeness

And I see you still got that CF love story going on huh :p

What a machine! Somehow I'm sure you'll forget the 370 pretty soon. V10s have that effect on people.

Remember that time we were in Mexico!

Nice to hear again from you Sean! Havent seen you since that day at Costco. Such a shame about your family though.. We are here for you bro!

Definitely an upgrade, I love the sound of these with a good exhaust

Ya I'm leaning towards the Eisenmann exhaust.....sound is intoxicating

I used to see you pass by atwater very often with the Z last summer, nice upgrade !
Any plans for the wheels ?

Thanks man. As for the wheels if I keep these, going to do a gloss black lip I think....Otherwise If I have the $$ for 3 Piece....hmmm, have to give it some thought.

Sorry about the divorce Sean :-(

But I love your new ride, I'd love to sit in the passenger seat while you unleash that v10 awsomeness

And I see you still got that CF love story going on huh :p

Thanks man, I appreciate that. Yup still love my CF :) and this spring...ride for sure!

Amazing engine no doubt too bad the SMG trans kills it.. Euro software helps a lot though. Ask me how I know...

So I have heard/read. Need that Euro SMG flash to drag some performance out of it. Got a guy?

What a machine! Somehow I'm sure you'll forget the 370 pretty soon. V10s have that effect on people.

Remember that time we were in Mexico!

She does make it easier to forget...and Mexico was fun, we should head down there again this spring!

Nice to hear again from you Sean! Havent seen you since that day at Costco. Such a shame about your family though.. We are here for you bro!

Thanks Bro...I appreciate that. You might see my Passat beater in the parking space this week while I'm in Florida lol.

My question is, do you drive her in winter?

Nope. This thing HATES cold weather...the starts were the worst in November. I thought about driving once in awhile but no longer have indoor parking for winter, so she's sleeping.

Back