Quebecois celebrities/vedettes .... who are you?

Kacey

www.handlerwheels.com
I try and watch french TV sometimes, TLMEP, news, standup comedy etc... And I know nothing about the Quebec entertainment scene. Am I the only anglo that would never recognize a QC celeb or recognize their name?

You are not alone.

The "Two solitudes" thing is a truism, not an exaggeration.

I'd be hard pressed to pick any purely canadian celebs that did not make it in Hollywood or whatever. Best example, before the whole hoopla, I had not clue as to who was Jian Gomeshi. Apparently, he was high profile, but most Francos had never heard of him.

Celine Dion
Laliberté
Villeneuve
GSP
Gabriel Aubry
Karine Vanasse
Gabrielle Roy

This is the only Quebec celebrities that are known outside of the Quebec Border... All the rest are local artist.

You are not alone.

The "Two solitudes" thing is a truism, not an exaggeration.

I'd be hard pressed to pick any purely canadian celebs that did not make it in Hollywood or whatever. Best example, before the whole hoopla, I had not clue as to who was Jian Gomeshi. Apparently, he was high profile, but most Francos had never heard of him.

Unless you had to deal with him for work. He was a douche so no big loss. If he gets jailtime (which I doubt) he'll get what's coming to him.

But it's true though about everyone else. I had never heard of Robin Sparkles until she was on HIMYM...

My mom is a "celeb" and my dad hates to go to events so she brings me with her. She has to tell me who she's going to introduce me to every time.

Celine Dion
Laliberté
Villeneuve
GSP
Gabriel Aubry
Karine Vanasse
Gabrielle Roy

This is the only Quebec celebrities that are known outside of the Quebec Border... All the rest are local artist.

If by "outside of the Quebec border" you mean the USA, then yeah.

If you include France/Belgium/Swiss, there is a lot more.

C qui ta mere.
Julie Snider

Je suis ce gars là
3ea0a11cbeac1f42fc09d1c691ba292b.jpg

Celine Dion
Laliberté
Villeneuve
GSP
Gabriel Aubry
Karine Vanasse
Gabrielle Roy

Laurence Leboeuf est sur une lancee
Denis Villeneuve et Jean-Marc Vallee les realisateurs travaillent du cote americain et Podz commence a avoir une belle carriere en europe

faut definir celebs
plusieurs acteurs/trices d'ici travaillent en europe
des produits teles d'ici sont exportes et re-adaptes dans plusieurs pays aussi

Back