Why does Mitsu still sell cars here?

Gregster

Legacy Member
You would figure that with people in Quebec loving small cheap cars they would be selling a crap ton or am I tuned out from reality?

The Mirage is a complete joke and to be honest I've only seen a handful on the road compared to the Nissan Micra. The base Lancer get's trashed on in sales by the Corolla and Fit even though both cost more. The SUV line up looks like something from the early 2000s. Actually comes to think of it besides the Ralliart and EVO everything from Mitsu drives like crap and feels like it's from the late 90s/early 2000s. The dealerships look like the owner was sent a "kit" in the mail containing banners, big numbers to plaster on the side of cars and a letter of "good luck" I personally don't know anyone that owns a Mistu or has even bothered to look at them when car shopping. I'd never question someones choice for buying a Corolla or Civic, I actually suggest those cars often. However a Mistu? I'd be like "Do you even go and look at other cars?"

Seems to me they just sorta slotted into the Suzuki abyss, although I still like the Kizashi. I did see an I-Miev on the road yesterday but to be fair it on the back of a tow truck

Discuss

Je me pose la même question. Il n'y pratiquement rien qui m'intéresse dans leur gamme à part p-e le RVR, qui a beaucoup de compétition.

http://jalopnik.com/ask-a-mitsubishi-exec-anything-you-want-1661230060

From Don Swearingen

Clearly Mitsubishi has gone through some tough years. And in those tough years we had to control costs by reducing spending in advertising and design. But we've returned to a profitable company and are committed to investing in research and design to focus on the future.

We did what we needed to do to survive in the U.S. market. We could've just pulled out, but we fought to restructure and to reinvest in the company. Our sales are up. We're profitable and we're growing. Mitsubishi has never given up. We're committed to this market and we're here to stay.

As we're moving forward, we're still performance thinking, but different. We're looking at electrification. We participated in Pikes Peak. We took first and second in the electric division and 2nd and 3rd overall and shattered the EV class record by 38 seconds. As you see Mitsubishi moving forward, we plan to use that technology in our vehicles. We're going to deliver that through a plug-in hybrid.

Bonne lecture, il se dit vraiment les vrai chosent dans ce thread.

Here is why the mitsubishi you knew is dead.

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/releases/871f3315-cffd-421c-a60d-f1f76bd00b9c

RVR and Outlander are fairly succesful.

The Lancer was succesful but now it's really old. Same car since 2008-2009, relly outdated at this point and that's why it doesn't sell anymore. Mirage is ....lol.

They need a new Lancer, bring in the Colt, new RVR and refine the Outlander and they will be fine.

http://jalopnik.com/ask-a-mitsubishi-exec-anything-you-want-1661230060

From Don Swearingen

Clearly Mitsubishi has gone through some tough years. And in those tough years we had to control costs by reducing spending in advertising and design. But we've returned to a profitable company and are committed to investing in research and design to focus on the future.

We did what we needed to do to survive in the U.S. market. We could've just pulled out, but we fought to restructure and to reinvest in the company. Our sales are up. We're profitable and we're growing. Mitsubishi has never given up. We're committed to this market and we're here to stay.

As we're moving forward, we're still performance thinking, but different. We're looking at electrification. We participated in Pikes Peak. We took first and second in the electric division and 2nd and 3rd overall and shattered the EV class record by 38 seconds. As you see Mitsubishi moving forward, we plan to use that technology in our vehicles. We're going to deliver that through a plug-in hybrid.

Bonne lecture, il se dit vraiment les vrai chosent dans ce thread.

I seriously doubt most of that unless he is speaking about selling all those unsold Gallants to rental fleets! Actually come to think of it Mistu has become a "rental car" brand from what I've seen in my travels.

I do like my Mitsu air conditioner unit, it's great and if I ever needed one of these I'd consider it
omega_trader.jpg

Ca fais des années que je crois aussi que MHI motors est mort. (En meme temps que tout les VR4 en 1999)

Mais comme il n'ont rien sorti de vraiment nouveau depuis presque 10 ans, je serai pas surpris de les voir venir chercher un part du marcher dans l'électrique très bientot.

Si ya une compagnie qui peut etre concurent dans l'électrique c'est bien mitsubishi.

wait for 2016 model blow out sale?

I love when people say "Oh you just wait for the new models"... Why do I have to wait? Couldn't they just have built something good before? Actually perhaps that's the reason why people aren't buying Mitsu's because they're not that great?

The "new" Outlander is a real joke, the Lancer is on a strong 9 years without an update, le RVR compétitione dans quel segment?

Ca fais des années que je crois aussi que MHI motors est mort. (En meme temps que tout les VR4 en 1999)

This. I get the impression that the only thing impacted by the infamous Y2K bug was Mitsubishis lineup for noth america.

The lancer looked good when it came out... in 2007. Since then, not a single update. During the same period the Civic went through 2 generations and 2 facelifts.

bah for anyone that bought a car in the pastl, like a friend with a 4L Galant . good for him, like 7 years old tons of KM and he got to take advantage of the WArranty... buty for a new Buy... no idea if they'll close in Canada Tomorow.... Crappy models.... meh

Je crois que tout ce qui a changé sur la Lancer est l'offre de moteur, maintenant il y a aussi de base un moteur un peu moins puissant qu'en 2007. Mais la proichaine ne devait pas être basée sur la Renault Megane (qui elle devrait être à Genève?)

Voilà, la lancer était super et se vendait super bien, mais maintenant elle est vieille pas mal...

Sans parler de la consommation d'essence... Ma blonde a unr lancer 2010, c'est très bien comme véhicule, mais 9l/100km all day long pour un fwd de 150hp... On repassera... Tout les concurents font beaucoup mieux depuis longtemps...

wait for 2016 model blow out sale?

I love when people say "Oh you just wait for the new models"... Why do I have to wait? Couldn't they just have built something good before? Actually perhaps that's the reason why people aren't buying Mitsu's because they're not that great?
Mitsu's are great, reliable, somewhat cheap, best warranty.

2016 bring the facelift and the foward plan from Mitsubishi, they're injecting a shitload of cash into it's vehicule department.

My parents lancer has had one problem for the past 7 years. Broken header . Paint quality is shit, but for an econobox it is fun to drive.

Back