Kijiji Supra: Too Good To Be True?

Stirl_ae86

Legacy Member
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/toyota-supra-1994-updated/1052212312

$_20.JPG

This guy must be trolling? Scam?

I think the car look atrocious and it's a shame, but this is still way too cheap for a LHD MKIV TT.

I've been looking to import a RHD one this spring, and my goal is to find one that's bone stock.

Would you hold out for a clean stock RHD (~$12-15k), or buy this thing for ~$7k and de-rice it?

I'm assuming the ad is BS, especially since he says it has a "stock turbo"...but I'm curious which route you guys would take if this was indeed legit.

He's saying taking the best offer so you offer him 7k he will tell you someone else just offered him 7500 bla bla bla. If you're serious leave him your phone number if he don't call you it's for sure a scam. P.S it's butt fuck ugly.

Si c'est vraiment LEGIT et que t'appel le gars y'a rien de louche.

J'serais dans l'avion à l'heure qu'il est.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/edmonton/toyota-supra-1994-updated/1052212312

$_20.JPG

This guy must be trolling? Scam?

I think the car look atrocious and it's a shame, but this is still way too cheap for a LHD MKIV TT.

I've been looking to import a RHD one this spring, and my goal is to find one that's bone stock.

Would you hold out for a clean stock RHD (~$12-15k), or buy this thing for ~$7k and de-rice it?

I'm assuming the ad is BS, especially since he says it has a "stock turbo"...but I'm curious which route you guys would take if this was indeed legit.

I'd take out 10k from the bank, go buy it, and put it back on ebay for 20k US$.

448.jpg

Another thing that doesn't make sense is that he says the ad has been "updated" since a guy that left a deposit flaked out. I check kijiji every single day for these and have never seen this car for sale. He also says it has 39,000kms. Usually a poster will list the reading in miles for an American car, not convert it to KMs. The mileage is another thing that tells me this just doesn't make sense at this price.

I'll e-mail him and see where it goes...can't hurt.

448.jpg

Another thing that doesn't make sense is that he says the ad has been "updated" since a guy that left a deposit flaked out. I check kijiji every single day for these and have never seen this car for sale. He also says it has 39,000kms. Usually a poster will list the reading in miles for an American car, not convert it to KMs. The mileage is another thing that tells me this just doesn't make sense at this price.

I'll e-mail him and see where it goes...can't hurt.

Send him the money through secure pay pal and will ship the car to you because it's in a locker at his brothers in Africa.

Manual transmission, with a powerful inline 6. It also features a stock turbo, putting out 350hp all day long.

One turbo?

edit: just saw that you already pointed it...

Back