Article: BWM M3 Owners, Tell me your secrets.

Thanks, a pleasure to take time and help.

There is a beautiful, brand new 2013 E92 M3 ZCP BLK/BLK at BMW Dorval sitting at 69K (25k off MSRP). Not sure if it's a manual though.

Yup drove it yesterday. Black ain't my thing, but I liked it. It was at their depot.

I feel the same way about Evos and STI. I just can't go back.

I've driven the E92 M3 extensively as well as other BMWs, it has that special feel the other are lacking, night and day from the 335. By far the nicest M3 to date. That being said, personally I prefer a daily with AWD. I'm assuming you're still in Canada?

I feel the same way about Evos and STI. I just can't go back.

I've driven the E92 M3 extensively as well as other BMWs, it has that special feel the other are lacking, night and day from the 335. By far the nicest M3 to date. That being said, personally I prefer a daily with AWD. I'm assuming you're still in Canada?

when did you get one extensively?

more importantly, why didn't you call up your boy for a test drive and shish?

when did you get one extensively?

more importantly, why didn't you call up your boy for a test drive and shish?

I drove one for two weeks in Miami this December/January.

If my boy was in Florida I would have called him for a test drive and some shish ;) .

Had one as a daily driver for a few months.

DCT transmission is brilliant, actually the only good thing about this car. You need to rev it to the cutoff to get some power, otherwise, it will feel really slow.

Every chipped 335i will be faster then you and you'll be mad.

You'll get 17l/100km by driving normally.

The sound of the stock exhaust is boring.

DCT transmission is brilliant, actually the only good thing about this car. You need to rev it to the cutoff to get some power, otherwise, it will feel really slow.

giphy.gif

I don't think he's the type to get angry about that.

In my mind it would be the other way around, the only saving grace for a 335i driver would be straight line speed. How important can 3 car lengths be to your overall driving experience lol?

I never liked the 335i, it feels a bit like an old man's car. It's soft, a little dull, steering is OK, it doesn't communicate surface very well, it's good in a straight line when its modded, but it doesn't feel special in anyway. The M3 is a much better car in every way but torque.

The 335i will need FBO to be ahead of the M, a simple tune won't be enough. I've come across 2 stage 1 335i in my ownership and both were multiple car lengths behind by 200.

If all you care about is straightline speed the M3 is not the ideal choice, your 500hp/4000lbs C63 is. It arguably isnt any better of a DD as there is no way to put power to the ground on the stock 255s before 3rd gear and drinks a lot more fuek and goes through consumables pretty much twice as fast (tires, brakes).

To claim the only good thing about the M3 is the DCT lessens any credibility you might have in this thread. The S65 is a multiple Ward's engine of the year recipient and the M3 was the benchmark of the uber V8 sedan generation. The only way I can get 17L/100 is revving out each gear on my commute and looking like a madmen, FYI top of 3rd is 185.

The 335i will need FBO to be ahead of the M, a simple tune won't be enough. I've come across 2 stage 1 335i in my ownership and both were multiple car lengths behind by 200.

If all you care about is straightline speed the M3 is not the ideal choice, your 500hp/4000lbs C63 is. It arguably isnt any better of a DD as there is no way to put power to the ground on the stock 255s before 3rd gear and drinks a lot more fuek and goes through consumables pretty much twice as fast (tires, brakes).

To claim the only good thing about the M3 is the DCT lessens any credibility you might have in this thread. The S65 is a multiple Ward's engine of the year recipient and the M3 was the benchmark of the uber V8 sedan generation. The only way I can get 17L/100 is revving out each gear on my commute and looking like a madmen, FYI top of 3rd is 185.

And I heard the exhaust note. Boring is not how I classify it...

For some reason , i really enjoyed reading that thread.

Thanks MR

/nohomo

Sent from your bedroom using your girlfriend's phone.

j'ai regardé le vidéo au complet et wow, la M5 est vraiment on the edge tout le long. les tires doivent être finis! Je n'aurais pas pensé que la M5 serait de calibre contre la e92 dans les courbes. awesome video!

En effet, mais les pilotes sont clairement de calibres différents. 5m30s, bout de marde sur le ring :(

Getting older and wiser I see...leaving the baby Subs for real toys...

Great time of the year to buy one. Many are starting to come back from leases. Furthermore, the winter has been long and if you get it in March you will be able to negotiate better vs May when it gets warmer and everyone will be out looking for one.

Do it!

Very good thread

Funny enough I was looking at an E92 M3 Sedan but got talked out of it because of the RWD in winter and then I end up with an M5, go figure. And now I'm doing the 2 car thing again. Oh wells, you live and learn I guess.

Funny all the Subaru talk, I test drove a 2012 STI, I thought it would have been a good practical choice, power, modibility, hatch space but man did that interior finish depress me for what they were asking.

I actually got to drive my M from Hudson back to the Atwater Market today (switching storage places) and man it felt good, you'll be very happy with the gentleman racer feel of it. You've test drove it, you know, Do it!

^Your response is why this website exists.

You are an articulate and successful person I have no doubt. You pretty much answered all my questions.

I will be going with the 6speed. I'm thinking Jet-Black or Blue. I drove a jet-black manual yesterday and a DCT White Alpine. Had the white one been manual it would be sitting in my garage right now.

The STi needs to go. It's a 2013 with 20k on it. It's a sportech with all the options but I'm tired of the raceboy feel. I need to move on.

Great choice welcome to the family. I work at Canbec might have bumped into you... Blue sti?

F80 M3 currently stands as my favorite sedan of all time (surpassed b7 RS4) On the subject of e92 well ive have never really driven one (only a passenger) but something about buying a non-warrantied BMW just scares me

I have a 2014 and 2015, both have had bad luck... My 2'er is currently getting full rear suspension replacement as we speak

Back