News: Not A Photoshop: 2016 Jaguar XF Unveiled On Tightrope

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
0315-jaguar-tightrope.jpg

Yesterday in London, Jaguar unveiled the new 2016 XF with a spectacular stunt involving driving the car over water on a tightrope.

Action film driver Jim Dowdall, who stunt drove for the Bourne series, James Bond series and Indiana Jones, was behind the wheel.

“Over my 35 years in the industry I’ve driven Jaguars on many Hollywood movie sets. However the biggest test for me on this stunt was the unpredictability of the elements,” said Dowdall on the high-wire reveal of the XF. “Potential oscillation in the high-wires from wind speeds meant it added a real challenge. The wires are only 34mm in diameter so the journey required absolute precision, balance and control.”

Jaguar wanted to highlight the new XF’s weight reduction of 419 pounds.

The 2016 XF is set to debut to the public at next week’s New York International Autoshow.

notice all the little bits of gear making sure the cables stay perfectly centered under the wheels. Not to mention the huge weight used to lower the center of gravity way below the car.

All factors considered, it would be impossible to make this thing fall off the cables.

I came here to see a stunt, refund plz

but... it's driving on two ropes.
I must buy this.

Disclosure: I also bought a MacAir. It fits in an enveloppe!

Wow qu'elle merde.. je m'en allais justement poster ca. Beau stunt fail. Même gerdrude avec une tercel aurait pu faire ca les yeux fermé avec un setup comme ca...

Back