Endroit pour achat et découpe laser d'acier ou alu

Broody

Bonjour, pour un projet scolaire j'aurais besoin d'acheter une plaque (1/8 pouce sûrement) d'acier galvanisé ou aluminium, 4x4 ou 4x8 pieds à voir, et faire de la découpe laser dessus.

Si vous connaissez des places près de Montréal et qui offre ce genre de services à des particuliers, ça serait apprécié, merci

Et alu ou acier, vous suggérez un plus que l'autre? C'est pour une maquette d'aspect, le réalisme de la chose importe plus ou moins. Si je vais en gavanisé (si ce genre de plaques se trouve bien) je vais considérer le peindre, alu ou stainless non.

njzSuwD.png

Quelque chose comme ça, c'est un barrière de chantier. la base est en béton, format Jersey plus ou moins, avec des découpes dans la tôle pour l'esthétique et rendre moins vulnérable au vent. Ma maquette (une section de 4 pieds de long, full size) aura une structure en bois pour tenir la plaque de métal.

Pour ma maquette: Poids plus léger = mieux, coût je suis flexible vos taxes paient, durée de vie une semaine.

Ton projet est pas très economique lol....

alu ou stainless, ton 4x8 1/8 tu va le payer cher en ....

galvanisé pas besoin de peinturer.... mais si tu veux absolument le faire alors va-y en acier normal, du galvanisé la peinture ne colle pas toujours bien (avec une bonne preparation c'est possible)

en passant... 1/8 c'est assez épais et lourd....si tu compte framer avec du bois va y moins épais et un ferblantier va pouvoir te faire ce que tu veux comme decoupe sans laser
au pire deux tôle avec un cartonplast en sandwich

C'est hypothétiquement pour la ville de Montréal, donc dépassement de coûts illimités, no worries.

Et sur Alibaba c'est moins de 1000$ la tonne de l'acier en plaque (et un 4x8 1/8 pèse moins de 100kg selon le web), soit moins de 100$ par clôture (en matériaux). Pour des clôtures durables et qui vont assurer à Montréal de plus beaux chantiers qui rayonneront à l'international au lieu d'être ridiculisés, c'est un bon investissement, certainement tout aussi bien que d'investir dans du mobilier urbain divers (lampadaires, parcs, etc).

Pour ma maquette je pense y aller 1/16 si c'est possible, je n'ai aucune idée de ce à quoi ressemble la rigidité d'une tôle 1/16 par contre...

Tant qu'à devoir subir ce mal, autant le rendre plus tolérable.

Et ce que je veux couper c'est soit des bandes du genre
4OXEUAo.png

Ou un motif du genre (logo de Montréal)
RHO2bzi.png

Ça sera de toute beauté au couché du soleil.

Last edited:
Broody..

As far as i can tell, these panels are for:

A) cutting the wind on construction sites
B) hiding the construction site from public eyes
C) having an aesthetically pleasing barrier around said construction site.

Using a large sheet of metal (Aluminum, steel or wtv) seems like overkill in this situation. Not only the cost of raw material, but total weight and fabrication will make this very expensive to manufacture. Laser cutting steel isn't cheap either... A full sheet with such a pattern will run you in the +100$ per sheet of cutting if done in large quantities. If you stubbly do go with a metal material, maybe CNC stamping with a custom die will make more sense (faster and cheaper).

What about wood or metal frame with a printed canvas stretched over? You can have images of the final project rendering on it..

How about a simple wood composite board? Painted maybe, with decals.. There are much better alternatives than steel or aluminum. As some mentioned, a steel/wood frame with a much thinner gauge would be a good idea too.

Anyways, don't be a shitty Industrial Designer...

I have to adjust the size of the holes maybe, but the idea is to be able to have a sneak peek of what's going on (it's for "public" consutrction sites, not private sites), so that people can see the progress and feel more involved/connected with the chantier rather than just pissed. The holes will also let the wind through (so it will be more stable), but they will remain smal enough to avoid showing everything and protect from drebis and such. It's also protecting from vandalism and theft.

I agree that the thing is a bit overkill, but it's for a school project and although construction people and fonctionnaires are really down to earth, my audience will mostly be industrial designers, so I'm better to show something "innovative" and then, once people are seduced, figure out faisability issues. I agree about the stamping thing, but for my prototype, it will be laser cutting anyways. And I'll bend the ends of the sheets for added strenght.

And for shorter term construction sites, I already have a printed canvas proposal. The idea of using the said canvas as a poster is something to consider too for an original presentation, thanks for the tip.

And there are some things like that already, they must be just as much expensive (minus the laser cutting)
panneau-de-cloture-de-chantier-barde-791920.jpg

It will obviously be quite more expensive than that (frost fence below), but I think the added value is just as significant as the price increase and the town should see it as an investment since they can be reused for a while and end up being more present in our lifes than many other permanent urban furniture (which cost a lot to produce and put in place)
ti4B.jpg

edit:
P0in3UB.png

BogJo6L.png

tjdMAwU.png

UZMEkOK.png

The concept changed a bit since the renders
Don't try to copy me, everything is patent pending.

Last edited:
But if you look at the blue metal structure, it's a metal frame with a very thin gauge, stamped steel, insert. Depending on the volumes made, the stamping costs pennies but the tooling is $$$. The same principle can be applied in your case, for "production". As for prototyping proof of concept, i would go with a laser-cut plastic sheet if you want something similar to metal. It's way cheaper, if you find the right facility. From my experience, laser cutting metal is $$$$, especially for a one off. Time + Set-up cost.

I will bend the ends of my metal sheet to make some kind of framing. As for plastic cut, I have no clue where to get and cut 4x4 or 4x8 plastic sheets. At school we have a laser cut but it's way too small. And for metal cutting, like I said if the visual result is worth it with real metal, I'll go for it. Money is not an issue and it's my final project so I won't try to save pennies. I could also try to get a sponsor or price reduction in exhange of some publicity.

Thanks for the answers though, I'll think about the whole thing. I know it's a shame that I (and most designers who just finish school) don't have a clue about how to build stuff for real. We got a metal class but the teacher (specialized in wood) told us he didn't give a shit about metal and was there as a bouche trou.

Last edited:
You probably should look into waterjet cutting also, it might end up being a little less expensive and easier to find than laser cutting

Pour des clôtures durables et qui vont assurer à Montréal de plus beaux chantiers qui rayonneront à l'international au lieu d'être ridiculisés, c'est un bon investissement, certainement tout aussi bien que d'investir dans du mobilier urbain divers (lampadaires, parcs, etc).

On coupe partout mais on va investir pour avoir de plus belles clôtures...qui vont être recouverte de graffitis et de posters collés après 2-3 jour

REALLY_SNL_AIGflv.jpg

Le laser est plus coûteux que le plasma mais plus précis malgré que Cbr laser est près qu'aux même prix je te conseile de voir avec eux on metal cn a Terrebonne. Pour le prix de ton matériel oubli Alibaba pour une 4x8 en acier ca pèse 160lbs et ça vaux 0.50$/lbs pour l'aluminium une 4x8 pèse 56.5lbs et ca se vend 2.00$/lbs et pour l'inox une 4x8 pèse 162lbs et ça se vend 1.90$/lbs.

Back