Need to convince my wife

Ghost-Dawg

Hey guys,

Long time stalker of this section of the forum and finally decided to speak up. I've always been interested in riding a bike but never got around to having the $$$ to take the courses. Now that we have just bought our house, we have more disposable income floating around.

My dilemma is my wife hates SS bikes. I would like to share the experiance with her so I've looked around at a few touring bikes and fell onto the Harley Road Kings. The only thing I am being turned off is how expensive they are!

My question for you nuts are as follows:

What alternative would you suggest to the Road King?

Since I have a garage now I am really looking forward to getting my tools back and being able to tinker around again. Maybe build a bike?

Thanks for your advice!

yes-maam1.jpg

z1000 :D

I was married when I bought my motorcycle, do you think I asked my wife's permission?! Hell no, i'm not a 5 year old baby that needs mommy's permission. She came home one day and BOOM, motorcycle in the garage and I said 'Oh by the way, i got my motorcycle license today".
If you have a partner that doesn't support fun things you want to do, then she's not a good partner. it's not like you're doing something bad, illegal, dangerous for your health, etc. my wife HATED motorcycles too, I got a ZX6R, after a few months she had her own gear and I was giving her lifts too and back from work. Your wife will do the same, trust me.

You're an adult, go do what you want to do sir.

It’s a question of taste; a good alternative to the road king for me would be the Thunderbird from Triumph at 16k new.

I was married when I bought my motorcycle, do you think I asked my wife's permission?! Hell no, i'm not a 5 year old baby that needs mommy's permission. She came home one day and BOOM, motorcycle in the garage and I said 'Oh by the way, i got my motorcycle license today".
If you have a partner that doesn't support fun things you want to do, then she's not a good partner. it's not like you're doing something bad, illegal, dangerous for your health, etc. my wife HATED motorcycles too, I got a ZX6R, after a few months she had her own gear and I was giving her lifts too and back from work. Your wife will do the same, trust me.

Lol, happy for you bro but that's not how couple usually works out.

Tu veux un couple en santé bien ca devrait fonctionner un peu comme mentionner plus haut,moi je voulais un bike bien c'est mes affaires,mademoiselle veut faire quelque chose ou veux de quoi qui m'interesse pas vraiment si elle paye pour c'est son affaire.Les affaires de ma femmes a veut pas c'est vraiment du wtf !! Vivre et laissé vivre !

Guys: My question for you nuts are as follows:

What alternative would you suggest to the Road King?

il n'a pas demandé demédiateur matrimonial loll

get a z1000, ull have more fun with it than a cruiser style bike, ur wife won't be riding with u 100% of the time so u need something fun imo

Ouais desolé ca la derapé ! Ca ma mets tellememt en criss le monde qui ce prive car quelqu'un decide pour eux.

Z1000 bien le fun mais vraiment pas confo pour une backseat.

VFR800, touring tout en étant sportif et un peu pencher.
sinon plus touring(tout en ayant un petit fond de sportivité): ST1300, FJR1300, Concours 14.

sinon dans le custom pur et dur: Mon pere avait un yamaha RoadStar avant son HD FLHTK et il l'a adoré.
Sa blonde avait un Meanstreak....vraiment le fun a conduire pour un custom.

bref tu sais vraiment pas ce que tu veut..pcq il y a pas plus opposé entre un SS et un RoadKing.

Just going to make one thing clear for Razz, re-read what I wrote. I don't need "permission" to buy a bike, I came here looking for some advice on a more affordable option to a 15k bike to start with. My wife will never get on a SS hence why I am looking into touring's so that I can share the experience with her.

Thank you for the others who were actually able to read my post entirely to see what the point was.

I'm not looking to buy new because it's like everyone's first car, get a beater you can ding, bump and scratch without feeling bad. You learn a few tricks and move your way up.

There's plenty of custom to choose from.

V-Star are great afordable, reliable, and confortable bike.
a bit less power and confort compare to a RoadStar, but there's plenty of them on the market for cheap.
That's for Yamaha.

But all the big 4 japanese have great custom bike. Some looking a lot like HD ;)

For my experience: if a girl don't want to hop on a SS...she would definatly prefer riding with a back rest. ...so look a bike with one ;)

Off topic (I know this is not OP's case)

I got 2 of my friends who are dreaming about getting on a bike (any bike) but don't because their wife tells them no. When they first told me this I thought they were joking. I find it absolutely and incredibly appaling that someone don't have the minimum balls to tell them they will get the bike whether they like it or not.

When I decided to get my bike license my gf was not entirely happy. One year later she got her license and bought a bike for herself ;)
Women tend to be very afraid of what they don't know.

I discuss with my wife everything and brought up the idea with her. She is very understanding and will let me do what I want, as long as our bills are paid lol.

If I wanted to go out and buy a 20K Harley Road King, I can. She wants me to be happy and I want to experience that happiness with her

Back