Need to convince my wife

Ouais desolé ca la derapé ! Ca ma mets tellememt en criss le monde qui ce prive car quelqu'un decide pour eux.

Z1000 bien le fun mais vraiment pas confo pour une backseat.

Ma blonde veut pu embarquer pour des longues rides. Elle a pas trouvé ça drôle une ride de 800km haha

Find a use Yamaha Bolt and ride that for a year or two.

yamaha bolt et une road king sa se ressemble autant qu'une poire et un anana

serieusement, si ta du $$$ et que ta blonde fait pas tant de backseat regarde pour les victory. Sinon le nouveau indian scout (un peu plus petit) sort a 13k msrp de memoire.

Mais si tu veux une vrai chaise de barbier, ça te prend un FLH ou un FLTR, tu met des cam, tu degear et tu part sur le wheelie te trouver une danseuse ultra chaude qui coute cher a entretenir mais au moins elle t'enpêchera pas de faire du bike

Différente classe de plaque:

cyclomoteur (Scooter)
0-125
125-400
400+ regulier
400+ a risque (SuperSport)

antique pour les 1980 est moins. (Pas le droit d'aller sur route de plus de 70km/h)

je connais pas les prix par coeur.

OK cool! I have always been upset a how much the plates cost.

I was looking around online and since I will have a garage in my new house, I think I will build a bobber.

Hey guys,

Long time stalker of this section of the forum and finally decided to speak up. I've always been interested in riding a bike but never got around to having the $$$ to take the courses. Now that we have just bought our house, we have more disposable income floating around.

My dilemma is my wife hates SS bikes. I would like to share the experiance with her so I've looked around at a few touring bikes and fell onto the Harley Road Kings. The only thing I am being turned off is how expensive they are!

My question for you nuts are as follows:

What alternative would you suggest to the Road King?

Since I have a garage now I am really looking forward to getting my tools back and being able to tinker around again. Maybe build a bike?

Thanks for your advice!

1. You are a new rider forget a SS bike. Get a nice clean SV650S to ride on. I can assure you the power/weight ratio and handling will satisfy for a long while. Riding position is 85-90% of what an SS bike is, but way more low end torque and predictable throttle response. They are also dirt cheap and easy to maintain. Another option is a NEW Ducati Monster (NEW since the service intervals are WAAAAAY longer, but they're twice the price of the SV or Ninja 650.)

Also, cheaper plates and insurance.

2. Cruiser bikes... Harley expensive, look for used. All the jap bike manufacturers make good cruisers (Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda). Cruisers are fun but in a very different way to a semi-sport or even a SS. I would not recommend a big cc cruiser as a first bike (heavy as shit). 650cc cruiser would be fine, but it will force you to ride sedately. You just won't have the power to get out of a tough spot, so you will need to learn to rude ultra defensively.

3. Build a bike.... only if it's your second bike. Riding season is short and there is nothing more frustrating that waiting for parts to come in while sunny days pass you by, or trying to find a weekend to work on it. Reg maintenance on the SV650s (for example) will have you doing some pretty advanced shit by 20000KM (valve lash, etc) so that should satisfy your need to wrench.

4. Fuck what your wife says. Seriously. The women who I listened to dumped me. The women who I dismiss still spread their legs for me years later. Do what you want. You're a man and you do not need permission. I really don't understand this type of faggy "hope my wife lets me... my wife would kill me" shit.

Final piece of advice, go to royal distributing.com to get gear for cheap. HJC CL-17 should be your helmet of choice and make sure to get a really good pair of boots and gloves as well as a padded jacket and possibly riding pants. ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SAFETY GEAR. Except for making little sluts look at you in awe (biker cred), they WILL save your life when you crash. (notice i didn't say IF you crash).

a807003e0ffec979434bba331a850fc2.jpg

I was married when I bought my motorcycle, do you think I asked my wife's permission?! Hell no, i'm not a 5 year old baby that needs mommy's permission. She came home one day and BOOM, motorcycle in the garage and I said 'Oh by the way, i got my motorcycle license today".
If you have a partner that doesn't support fun things you want to do, then she's not a good partner. it's not like you're doing something bad, illegal, dangerous for your health, etc. my wife HATED motorcycles too, I got a ZX6R, after a few months she had her own gear and I was giving her lifts too and back from work. Your wife will do the same, trust me.

You're an adult, go do what you want to do sir.

343de795dddb951ab89d8e9849457e6b0fa990b932c164f64dd4cec827d87f34.jpg

She doesn't need to necessarily participate, but you just cannot allow er to dictate your behaviour, OP.

And here's a protip I learned from my dad who's been married 40 years. The more you do things your wife doesn't approve of, the more she loves you.

My comment about about the $$$ was sarcastic.

To all the comments about my wife, obviously no one understands what I am trying to say. The initial posting of this thread was to discuss the pro's and con's of pricing when it comes to bikes so that when I make a budget, my wife is aware of how much everything costs. SHes our accountant and I have nothing to hide from her, she knows how much everything will cost.

I will repeat it again, I don't need permission from my wife to enjoy a hobby. I like to involve my wife in everything I do and if you take it as being a puss, then piss off

1. You are a new rider forget a SS bike. Get a nice clean SV650S to ride on. I can assure you the power/weight ratio and handling will satisfy for a long while. Riding position is 85-90% of what an SS bike is, but way more low end torque and predictable throttle response. They are also dirt cheap and easy to maintain. Another option is a NEW Ducati Monster (NEW since the service intervals are WAAAAAY longer, but they're twice the price of the SV or Ninja 650.)

Also, cheaper plates and insurance.

+1

J'ai un SV650S (full fairing svp :D ) et ça torche en masse (0-100 en 3.7s environs) et assez agile comme bike. Je ne suis pas près de changer. Pis le son du V-Twin est cool : on dirait un mini Harley.

My comment about about the $$$ was sarcastic.

To all the comments about my wife, obviously no one understands what I am trying to say. The initial posting of this thread was to discuss the pro's and con's of pricing when it comes to bikes so that when I make a budget, my wife is aware of how much everything costs. SHes our accountant and I have nothing to hide from her, she knows how much everything will cost.

I will repeat it again, I don't need permission from my wife to enjoy a hobby. I like to involve my wife in everything I do and if you take it as being a puss, then piss off

Comme on dit souvent: quand tout le monde a un problème sauf toi, c'est peut-être justement parce que c'est toi le problème! Ce que je veux dire par là, c'est que ton post initial n'était pas clair et il a été perçu comme tel. Mais au moins tu as clarifié la situation. Pis de toutes façon, on est sur MR : personne ici se fait driver par sa blonde. On est tous des mâles alphas (pis on gagne 100k$+ par année, etc etc etc... ;) )

Final piece of advice, go to royal distributing.com to get gear for cheap. HJC CL-17 should be your helmet of choice and make sure to get a really good pair of boots and gloves as well as a padded jacket and possibly riding pants. ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SAFETY GEAR. Except for making little sluts look at you in awe (biker cred), they WILL save your life when you crash. (notice i didn't say IF you crash).

Their price are pretty much the same from ADM sport in st-hyacinthe. Not sure its worth it to order it online....

Their price are pretty much the same from ADM sport in st-hyacinthe. Not sure its worth it to order it online....

Last time i bought gear they were WAY cheaper. Plus you only pay one tax.

But I'm due for new gear so I will check out ADM before ordering, thx for the protip!

Back