┐Ou habiteriez vous // Where would you live└

I am neither arab or muslim. 100% pure québécois.

Integrating isn't really complicated. You have to accept the fact that you are in a muslim kingdom, that you cannot say or do whetever you want and cannot rely on free speech. So, saying Fuck you to someone or flipping the middle finger can get you into trouble if you do it to the wrong person. It's not that bad really. You need to open yourself and adapt as some things are different. it's nowhere near perfect, but it suits me just fine.

At least you could swear in french and they won't understand :D

But yeah, that's what I mean. It's doable for sure but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with it long term. Seeing only covered women everywhere, buying alcohol only in special places, hearing that prayer call every day and so on.

Do you go mainly to expat places or did you "blend in" with the locals? Say you feel like having pork chops one day, can you buy this from anywhere? Can you buy a real Christmas tree at Christmas?

At least you could swear in french and they won't understand :D

But yeah, that's what I mean. It's doable for sure but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with it long term. Seeing only covered women everywhere, buying alcohol only in special places, hearing that prayer call every day and so on.

Do you go mainly to expat places or did you "blend in" with the locals? Say you feel like having pork chops one day, can you buy this from anywhere? Can you buy a real Christmas tree at Christmas?

I can swear in French and I do it too, which does help.

The covered women thing, oh yeah you mean the ninjas, well you get used to them and they aren't so bad, except when they drive. You stop giving a fuck very quickly about this.

As for christmas, it's huge. There's none of that "temps des fêtes" Bullshit you have in QC. It's christmas, that's it. shopping malls are covered with decorations and santa claus everywhere.

for pork you need to go to smaller supermarkets, but they do carry it in the "non-muslim" section the all mighty bacon.

There's even a couple of guys I know well now, that lived in Montreal for a good 15 years (went to concordia), of palestinian origin, who opened a restaurant called Maple Leaf. They serve poutine and smoke meat sandwiches among others. Everything and I mean everything is home made, even the cheese curds. It's pretty awesome and the guys have decorated the place with habs stuff all over. It's always cool to be sitting in a booth, in Dubai, eating a poutine next to a picture of Maurice Richard. Feels like home away from home. Heck these guys are more hard core montrealers than me...

Been living in Dubai since May 17, 2007. I have been out since Feb 5, 2015 on a contract in France and am going back in May/June. I am literally counting the days. I can't wait to be back in the sandpit.

it's not perfect and is expensive to live in, but for me it's home. Even after a divorce and quitting my job, going back to Quebec never crossed my mind.

That's really cool, how does citizenship work ? Are you a full time resident ? Do you have to renew a visa every few years or you have ''permanent resident'' status ?

I would consider moving there as well, lots of people with disposable income for racing. I think an engineer with good racing experience could make a good living there by opening a business that services race cars. The middle-eastern Carrera cup (GT3 Cup) is huge, they spend an insane amount of money and most of the crews are British that fly in / out to the racetrack... Something to consider

J'étais surpris d'apprendre récemment que l'Anglais est pas mal la langue la plus utilisée là-bas par la population et ce, des deux côtés de l'île.

Est-ce que c'est facile de passer d'un côté à l'autre de la frontière?
Il n'y a pas de douanne. juste un monument qui indique la frontière. Tu passes sans arrêt. Tu peux faire le tour complet de l'ile en 1h (~35km).

Le coté hollandais a l'air des USA, mais le coté français a l'air bien euro. On y parle beaucoup français. Il y a bcp de gens de la France, des voitures françaises, etc.
Les gens sont chill partout. La criminalité est assez basse.

J'y vivrais quelques mois / année (en hiver), mais pas full time. C'est une region plus pauvre que le Canada quand même, et étant une ile tu ne peux pas juste monter dans ton char et voyager, comme ici. l'internet est aussi merdique.

J'étais surpris d'apprendre récemment que l'Anglais est pas mal la langue la plus utilisée là-bas par la population et ce, des deux côtés de l'île.

Est-ce que c'est facile de passer d'un côté à l'autre de la frontière?

Ya pas de 'border patrol' ou de vraie douane... On parle vraiment de lequivalent de passer du Qc a On exemple... Les magasins sont affiches en francais et en anglais, comme au Qc. Et oui, la langue officielle est l'anglais, et ce dans la plupart des iles. Dans certaines iles il y a une forte utilisation du kweyol (pas de joke, ca secrit comme ca), qui est un melange des langues colonistes (anglais, espagnol, portugais, francais, neerlandais et allemand, avec un accent caribéen), mais avec langlais et des $US ou des EC$ (eastern caribbean $), tu te debrouilles partout, sauf par exemple en Guadeloupe ou en Martinique ou cest vrmt Francais de France en langue comme en currency. Le gros probleme avec les caraibes est le waste management (facilites de recyclage et de gestion des dechets limites) et leau potable en bcp moins grande quantite quici (surtout de leau purifiee ou desalinisee) mais les nords americains ont deja bcp davance quant qux dechets, pis une bouteille deau de 2l coute 50c donc cest pas trop mal. Aussi, sur les iles vierges brittaniques, ya pas mal de RHD interessantes pour les amateurs de JDM!

That's really cool, how does citizenship work ? Are you a full time resident ? Do you have to renew a visa every few years or you have ''permanent resident'' status ?

I would consider moving there as well, lots of people with disposable income for racing. I think an engineer with good racing experience could make a good living there by opening a business that services race cars. The middle-eastern Carrera cup (GT3 Cup) is huge, they spend an insane amount of money and most of the crews are British that fly in / out to the racetrack... Something to consider

Your employer gives you a residence visa renewable every 2-3 years. They pay for it all. Without this visa, you can't do shit, no apartment, driver's license, bank account, etc... You can always setup your own company and sponsor yourself, but that ain't cheap.

Racing, maybe, there is the Dubai Autodrome and the Yas circuit in Abu Dhabi. As for modifying cars, it's a hit and miss. You need to get your car inspected every year to renew the registration and if the mechanics sees mods, he may fail your test... It really depends who you get. This is if you want your car to be street legal. Race cars don't have to go through that shit of course.

There are loads of small and specialized garages, but finding quality labor is difficult. You really need to shop where you bring your car in. You can always go to the dealer, but the waiting list can be ridiculous, so are the prices. Toyota you can bring your car in within 48 hours of calling, Audi has a current waiting list of 7 weeks.

7 weeks??? Jeez, is it because there is a big shortage of dealers/workers or because Audi's have more problems than other cars because of the climate?

7 weeks??? Jeez, is it because there is a big shortage of dealers/workers or because Audi's have more problems than other cars because of the climate?
It's because you need to wait for a silversmith to be available to do the work:
palace13.jpg

When selling a car in Dubai, they always mention FSH in the description, which means Full Service History. This service history of all scheduled maintenance of the car is filled and stamped by the dealer. It's always more appealing to know the car you are purchasing has always been serviced at the dealer, with OEM parts. This being said, there is a very limited amount of dealers and a shit load of Audis. You do the math. You can bring your car to someone else and source OEM parts, but you won't get the all mighty stamp in your service history booklet. Stupid, I know...

If the demand is consistently so high, why aren't more dealerships pop-in up?

Because Al Nabooda is the official sponsor for Audi which means all Audi dealerships in Dubai are Al Nabooda. Monopoly = no competition= he does whatever the fuck he wants, that's why.

I agree he could open a few more showrooms/garages though

Because Al Nabooda is the official sponsor for Audi which means all Audi dealerships in Dubai are Al Nabooda. Monopoly = no competition= he does whatever the fuck he wants, that's why.

I agree he could open a few more showrooms/garages though

One does not simply go to Dubai to rock an audi... You go Full Nissan Patrol :)

underground racing Patrol... Deer god.

^ racing between cameras lol. You can see coming up to 3:00 they are slowing down and there is one on the left.

It's also funny to see the GTR club posing around and driving their 1000HP+ GTR's at 25km/h on beach road. Arab money....

Last edited:
Si je pouvais, live, j'irais habiter au Venezuela, précisément: Caracas et pouvoir prendre des vols a 40-50$ pour aller à Margarita. Je suis tellement tanné du Québec, je suis tellement tanné de cette mentalité Nord Américaine ou les gens ne prennent pas une seconde pour penser à autrui. Aucune classe, tout le monde est désagréable sauf quand tout le monde est saoul et encore la.

Les gens la-bas sont tellement gentil, courtois... C'est rendu rare ici...
GO

J'ai déjà pris un vol "Marguarita (Porlamar) - Caracas" il y a de nombreuses années (début 90 Avant la guerre civile)
C'était le pire vol de toute ma vie... l'intérieur ressemblait à un autobus scolaire (aucune réglementation de l'IATA puisque vol intérieur) et ça parraissait.
C'était épeurant. Par contre j'ai bien aimé les gens malgré le climat de tension à l'époque. Marguarita était cool. Coté plage calme et de l'autre côté Porlamar la ville et la vie.

Tant mieux que t'as eu un ticket! Changer une t-belt la nuit sur la 132 c'est l'affaire la plus niaiseuse que j'ai entendu dernièrement. C'est un bel anecdote qui prouve rien sauf que t'est crissement chanceux de pas avoir fait ramasser dans le cul par un 18 roues qui roule a 105km/h.

Ça explique aussi ton niveau de confort dans de pays en voie de développement. Ça prend une mentalité du tiers monde pour faire quelque chose d'aussi innocent.

This is why you will always be "cuckweiser"

Every post you make confirms it. You're the most blue pill mangina on MR. You're the goodest of the good goyim. You are the SWPL dildosphere personified.

Smh at your shit posts. You're an embarrassment.

Yeah Montreal is actually really good. We really do complain about social services but reality is that they're some of the best in the world. The weather is not always good but overall it's a GREAT place to live.

With the amount we are paying into the system, we should have BETTER services. The QOS we get now is the same as a better run place with 30% less tax overall. (direct and indirect).

ca explique la Japon qui a pas de gun et pas de crime ?
ou les USA qui ont beaucoup de guns et beaucoup de crimes ?
ou le Canada qui a 10 fois moin de gens qu'au USA et 100 fois moin de crimes ?

Or switzerland where nearly every household has a full-auto rifle and government-issued ammunition.

No the correlation you're missing is % of inhabitants in lower socioeconomic classes. In cases where it is not negligible, concealed carry saves lives because it disincentivizes random acts of violence. The dumbest elements in our society only understand force, or the threat of force. That's all there is to it.

Osaka or Gunma for me...
osaka_japan.jpg

Life in Japan is so different... so much more respect and honor... plus no need to worry as all the cars I love are Japanese as well as the amount of motorsports in that country jesus god...... it's the ultimate car fanatic country.

Dont even get me started about martial arts.... I have been doing martial arts for a little while and being able to train in legendary dojos where it all began, visit the shrines and meditate amongst the greatest... pure bliss.

I'll see you soon Japan. I'm basically using quebec as a means to save up for my big move..

Dosent Japan not give citizenship to non-Japanese?

So you will always be a dirty gaijin in their eyes

Why not apply your energy to de-fuckulate Quebec?

Back