U of Nebraska discovered a virus that infects our brains and "makes us more stupid"

illuminance

Legacy Member
U of Nebraska discovered a virus that infects our brains and "makes us more stupid"

Human cognition-affecting virus discovered

Human cognition-affecting virus discovered

Researchers at the John Hopkins Medical School and the University of Nebraska have discovered a virus that infects our brains and "makes us more stupid."

In a study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) journal, researchers describe coming across the virus by chance, while conducting a different study altogether into throat microbes.

Throughout the research, it was found that the DNA in the throats of healthy individuals matched the DNA of a virus (ACTV-1), which usually infects green algae.

The algae virus, which was discovered by these researchers, was previously thought to be harmless to humans. However, it has now been found to affect human cognitive capabilities, including our assessment of spatial awareness and visual processing.

When researchers analysed the throats of 92 study participants, they discovered that the ACTV-1 virus was present in 44 percent of them. Compared to those without ACTV-1, those infected performed worse in tests geared to measure attention spans and visual processing.

The findings of this study reveal that some microbes can have harmful affects on human cognition, while leaving individuals physically unharmed. However, as researchers are not yet sure of how ATCV-1 infects humans, there will be no need to avoid fresh water or lakes where green algae might be found.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-11/10/virus-that-makes-humans-more-stupid

no need of any virus, just need Tv and a lot of internet media
everybody become lazy and stupid.

Internet Media is correct.

But the Internet is an excellent source for technical information, how-to, etc.

You want to repair a blown valve cover gasket? Google/YouTube.

Recipes? Google/YouTube.

etc...

Internet Media is correct.

But the Internet is an excellent source for technical information, how-to, etc.

You want to repair a blown valve cover gasket? Google/YouTube.

Recipes? Google/YouTube.

etc...

yeah But it is the easy way of Resolving problems.

Take some young man in 1950. you need to be capable of fixing, building and resolving problem by your own.

There was no google and wiki back than. People Before the internet have good and useful skills.

The point is, now people are really efficient and fast to resolve problem and find idea. But they are not smarter.
Also even lazy people have easy life today. People who are useless and stupid could live a correct live. Back than if you was a total moron or lazy, you may die.

Internet Don't make us smarter, only quicker for people who are already smart.

(exemple: me I am not smart. am pretty lazy and useless, But what I know I know it from good source and a lot of books. I never trust T.V or internet(media youtube and wiki) for informations. )

(exemple: me I am not smart. am pretty lazy and useless, But what I know I know it from good source and a lot of books. I never trust T.V or internet(media youtube and wiki) for informations. )

Depends what type of information. I don't trust mainstream media/news the same way that I don't trust alternative media/news from the Internet. However if I have part of some information missing, like for example I'm replacing spark plugs on my car but I'm not sure what type to get, I will check the Internet. Normally if 3-4 sources concur then I'm relatively safe to assume it's correct as long as the sources aren't just copy paste of the same one.

I would probably not follow a "how-to" remove your appendix from YouTube, but I sure as hell would follow a "how-to" insulate your window against frost...

Depends what type of information. I don't trust mainstream media/news the same way that I don't trust alternative media/news from the Internet. However if I have part of some information missing, like for example I'm replacing spark plugs on my car but I'm not sure what type to get, I will check the Internet. Normally if 3-4 sources concur then I'm relatively safe to assume it's correct as long as the sources aren't just copy paste of the same one.

I would probably not follow a "how-to" remove your appendix from YouTube, but I sure as hell would follow a "how-to" insulate your window against frost...

It is really hard on internet to find Real different source.

but you are right about how to. a video on the internet is really more ez to fallow than Drawing in a shop manuel

no need of any virus, just need Tv and a lot of internet media
everybody become lazy and stupid.

The internet's are making me rich doe.

People definitely don't think as independently as they used to though.

The internet's are making me rich doe.

People definitely don't think as independently as they used to though.

soo right Evo my favorite Happy marchant. :p .
Specially JIDF paid you to post here. (joke)

But seriously, internet is a powerful tool. Not a way of life not a place to be.
it is a tools to help you archiving your objective in real life.

Evo, I believe you do are smarter than the average man. I think you are not someone who only use the internet to waste time.
I am sure you have stock bitcoin and Trade and you manage it all online.

soo right Evo my favorite Happy marchant. :p .
Specially JIDF paid you to post here. (joke)

But seriously, internet is a powerful tool. Not a way of life not a place to be.
it is a tools to help you archiving your objective in real life.

Evo, I believe you do are smarter than the average man. I think you are not someone who only use the internet to waste time.
I am sure you have stock bitcoin and Trade and you manage it all online.

No bit coins. The JIDF pays me 5K a month. Every month they leave a big box of quarters on my doorstep. ;)

In a nutshell i'm an entrepreneur.

Back