Which SUV advice needed - Benz vs Porsche vs BMW

zaku

Legacy Member
Looking at the below 3 options, which one is the recommended one?
Advantages and disadvantages, fuel consumption, power, maintenance, reliability, etc.

1 - MB ML350
2 - Porsche Cayenne 3.2L
3 - BMW X5

all 2006 model.

thanks guys

Why would you possibly want a decade old german SUV? Seems like an awful choice seeing as they're unlikely to be reliable if not maintainted properly nor efficient. I'd stay away from any optional air suspension as it's only a matter of time before they fail and they're pricy to repair.

I sure hope you're not going for the baller factor as all models are visually dated and the infotainment options are laughable at best.
That being said I have a bit of a soft spot for the cayenne's platform sharing sibling, the 1st gen touareg.

While were on the topic of potentially disastrous purchases, have you considered a range rover?

Are these THAT bad? It;s normal they wouldn't be cheap to run and they are 9 yo now but still, considering their price new versus their price used, they shouldn't be that bad of a buy for someone looking at this type of vehicle.

Agreed about air suspension though. Avoid.

You could also look at some japanese alternatives, like the RX350 and Acura MDX. They have a great reliability reputation and they hold value very well.

Benz is very very soft ride, so no handling at all.
Probably not your priority but just saying.
If you feel like falling asleep while driving then that's the car to go for...
BMW might be too harsh for Montreal roads, especially because the run flats.
They are all heavy trucks with small engines, but I think power / ration the Cayenne is the best in terms of sportiness.

so... looks like out of those 3 options, i would have less problems with the cayenne?

Range Rover... that's can be considered too. which specific model though I don't know much about this brand.
thought now of Volvo XC60 as well are they good?
Touareg does it share the same parts? chassis with cayenne?

And btw i'm looking only for euro SUVs so not really considering lexus and stuff...

I do not know if he was sarcastic or joking about the RR. But I would not touch that for sure.
Yes, Touareg, Cayenne and Q7 share platform, but that is nothing to use as a buying criteria for me.
If you test drive all three you will see the handling is day and night especially if you compare a big boat like the Q7 to the Cayenne. Touareg is somehere in the middle in terms of sportiness.
Again it depends if space is more important for you...or handling.

all 2006 model.

8153daaf8fa10d946cceaade382cd91f.png

Infiniti FX35
Acura MDX
Lexus RX350

why would you buy an unreliable german piece of shit to look like a face baller. Already that buying a german car new is fake baller. Real ballers drive McLarens, Koenigsegg and Ferraris. I just laugh everytime someone tries to look rich with a financed piece of shit unreliable german car. The only thing good about german cars is that thanks to them you can have independent mechanics that can have german only repair shops because since they are THAT unreliable Business will always be good.

Only Porsches are worth mentioning, but a 10 year old Cayenne looks so outdated and "cheap" that I would avoid.

Back