Ford's new V8 engine announced!

allroad

Bravo Ford for the new V8 cranking out 526 horsepower, 429 pound-feet of torque and a redline at 8,250 RPM.

The engine was announced yesterday and will equip the Mustang GT350 and GT350R. At just under $50K USD for the GT350, this is a bargain compared to the Euro cars. Watch out Audi, BMW and Merc.

Oh yes, only a 6-speed will be made available.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/mustang-gt350-official-figures-526-hp-429-lb-ft/

BBkAOh4.img

nice un high rev V8, j'adore ce genre de moteurs!

et je vois pas ce que la courbe a de bizzare, elle est plutot smooth et en progression relativement constante... Peut être juste entre 6000 et 6500 yaune petite drop un peu étrange

Watch out Audi, BMW and Merc

Why do you say this?

In my humble opinion, Buyers of German luxury / luxury-sport / luxury - pseudo-sport cars would rarely buy a "Big 3" American product except if they are track enthusiasts and wanted to try the Corvette, Mustang track oriented versions. The target demographics are not similar.

And they will keep ignoring that sector no matter what amount of horsepower or torque would be made available.

I'm a huge Euro lover.

I'll get this Stang over an M4 anytime.

Perfect engine and it's a good thing that it will be hard to get more power from it. Flat 8 high rev NA engine = piece of art.

nice un high rev V8, j'adore ce genre de moteurs!

et je vois pas ce que la courbe a de bizzare, elle est plutot smooth et en progression relativement constante... Peut être juste entre 6000 et 6500 yaune petite drop un peu étrange

dans le sens qu'on est pas habitué de voir du high rev V8, call me old school mais j'aime mieux avoir du low end torque que trop haut

Why do you say this?

In my humble opinion, Buyers of German luxury / luxury-sport / luxury - pseudo-sport cars would rarely buy a "Big 3" American product except if they are track enthusiasts and wanted to try the Corvette, Mustang track oriented versions. The target demographics are not similar.

And they will keep ignoring that sector no matter what amount of horsepower or torque would be made available.

Welll said, more and more german fans are heading towards the Corvette, the ultimate bang for the buck car and we're far from C5 interior cheapness now.

Why do you say this?

Well, the new gen Mustang is much more refined. While not Euro refined, at $40K-$50K less for equal performance it makes buyers think twice (unless you love the badge). Furthermore, it offers a high-revving V8 with 6-speed and the Mustang is a world car now with very nice styling.

For someone who wants a daily driver and the occasional track, the GT350 makes a lot of sense.

The Americans are starting to make more & more sense, then again snobbism plays a role as well (but owning a German car is not as exclusive as it used to be as they are everywhere these days...)

styling is questionable, I've seen a few GTs on the road and I don't like them. Maybe they'll grow on me...

Back