Buying tires from the US (not from tirerack)

SkyFall

I was wondering, anyone here bought their tires from the US (from a dealer or a garage) and had them installed and just come back to Canada? Was thinking of doing it since my summers are always done and I have to go to the US... any possible complications I didn't think of?

I was wondering, anyone here bought their tires from the US (from a dealer or a garage) and had them installed and just come back to Canada? Was thinking of doing it since my summers are always done and I have to go to the US... any possible complications I didn't think of?

It depends if you plan on declaring them or not

Good plan, just make sure you declare something... otherwise it will be suspicious.. and btw pay Cash for the tires/instl......

When I went shopping for tires, it was random since I had a flat. I asked for prices while waiting for my tire to get fixed.

Yokohama S.Drive 195/55R15 was 650$US installed. The were like 450$ on special on discounttiredirect, free ship to border mail. It was back when exchange was 1.18

Later, I just bought them at a local garage for 650$CAD tax in, installed and had a 70$MIR.

Me = winner

Good plan, just make sure you declare something... otherwise it will be suspicious.. and btw pay Cash for the tires/instl......

If they suspect it's from the states they can keep the tires (in his case the whole car) till he provides proof. I personally won't risk the embarassement and being black listed for a few bucks. My friend did something similar and whenever we travel as a gang cuz of his dumbass we are stuck way longer at the airport cuz they check his luggage automatically.

it is easy to tell new tires from old ones, unless you will have some long trips in the states to wear the tires a bit. borders of two sides share some info, if they are suspecting anything, your car will be compared to when it entered the states.

my car was inspected quite thorough last summer, i don't know if it was searched for anything illegal or just new parts, and finally they did check some kind of info in the system, not sure though if it's record or footage of my previous entry.

Thanks guys, guess won't take the chance of getting black listed. I know someone that is black listed and every time he crosses the borders its a PITA

My uncle gets his tires from the US. I'll ask how he does it but IMO just get your tires from FCP in the south shore lol. Not worth the hassle.

https://www.facebook.com/FCPTireWarehouse

Nice place run by nice guys.

If your headed in the direction. you should also pass the by Petro-T on the indian reserve for some dirty cheap gas lol

Taken from FCP's page

"Located just outside of Montreal, we specialize in the sale of wheels and tires for every make & model of vehicle on todays roads. Is your budget a little tight? No problem we also carry a large inventory of used tires & mags.Custom order always an option if you don't find exactly what you may have had in mind on our stock wall. We recently expanded the number of garage bays to serve you better & faster."

https://www.facebook.com/FCPTireWarehouse

Nice place run by nice guys.

If your headed in the direction. you should also pass the by Petro-T on the indian reserve for some dirty cheap gas lol

Taken from FCP's page

"Located just outside of Montreal, we specialize in the sale of wheels and tires for every make & model of vehicle on todays roads. Is your budget a little tight? No problem we also carry a large inventory of used tires & mags.Custom order always an option if you don't find exactly what you may have had in mind on our stock wall. We recently expanded the number of garage bays to serve you better & faster."

thanks buddy!

I've already ordered online at Walmart, had them installed there but spent the night. Unless the labels are still on, I don't see how it can be super suspicious...

I've already ordered online at Walmart, had them installed there but spent the night. Unless the labels are still on, I don't see how it can be super suspicious...

I plan buying tires whien ill be on trip that's also a good way to save on customs because each person is allowed 800$ CAD.

Back