Israel

Dibbs

Has anybody been? i'm looking into going late summer (before yom kippur) but a bit scared of tensions in the middle east.

I see it's relatively safe right now, but if anybody can share experiences, it would be great.

Lol, guys. Israel is actually the safest you can get as a tourist in the Middle East, despite the occasional tensions and rockets. As long as you don't go on the other side of the fence or go looking for trouble or end up in the middle of the occasional stone throwing you'll be fine.

Lol, guys. Israel is actually the safest you can get as a tourist in the Middle East, despite the occasional tensions and rockets. As long as you don't go on the other side of the fence or go looking for trouble or end up in the middle of the occasional stone throwing you'll be fine.

yeah, that's what I think, but i'm just trying to see if any member has already been there so he can share his experience

yeah, that's what I think, but i'm just trying to see if any member has already been there so he can share his experience
I used to work for an Israeli company and had many colleagues go there on a regular basis. Never any incident, not even during the summer of 2006 when retards were shooting rockets from Lebanon. My colleagues loved the country, the people, the partying, the food.

I want to visit Israel too but maybe in 5-10 years, no rush. I wouldn't worry about safety. I would feel bad avout encouraging them but its not any worse than buying overpriced Nike shoes made by children I guess. I had an Israeli friend in exchange, nice, smart and all, but she was still brainwashed about war and their conflicts.

I would feel bad avout encouraging them
Broody, if I remember correctly you're a separatist / "independantist" aren't you?

If you are, then I'm surprised you're against Israel, because its situation is incredibly similar to Quebec: a small ethnic group (7 million francos here, 6 mil jews there) surrounded on all sides by a much much larger etnic/cultural group ( >300 mil anglos around Qc, > 150 mil arabs around Israel) and having a (unhappy) minority of that large ethnic group inside its borders (8% in Qc, 20% there).
The differences are that israelis did manage to obtain their independence and build their own country, while Qc dind't and that anglos here don't shoot rockets into Quebec the way Israel's neighbors do. If they did, I bet an independent Qc would respond the same way Israel does, because you gotta defend your ass when someone's trying so hard to kill you.

Broody, if I remember correctly you're a separatist / "independantist" aren't you?

If you are, then I'm surprised you're against Israel, because its situation is incredibly similar to Quebec: a small ethnic group (7 million francos here, 6 mil jews there) surrounded on all sides by a much much larger etnic/cultural group ( >300 mil anglos around Qc, > 150 mil arabs around Israel) and having a (unhappy) minority of that large ethnic group inside its borders (8% in Qc, 20% there).
The differences are that israelis did manage to obtain their independence and build their own country, while Qc dind't and that anglos here don't shoot rockets into Quebec the way Israel's neighbors do. If they did, I bet an independent Qc would respond the same way Israel does, because you gotta defend your ass when someone's trying so hard to kill you.

you forgot the US government giving israel almost 2 billion dollars a year since 1949 to destroy muslims.

your comparison is wrong. the arabs are like the amerindians or the acadians and the jews are like us.

we destroyed most acadian/amerindian families and communities. We murdered them, we exported them to take their land by force. Now, we watch them rot with insane suicide rates after having destroyed and stolen everything.

that is the proper comparison. i'm not defending arabs, they are scumbags for using their people as human shields. but what can they do when the U.S. has been injecting BILLIONS to annihilate them?

Since 1949 the U.S. has given Israel a total of $83.205 billion. The interest costs borne by U.S. tax payers on behalf of Israel are $49.937 billion, thus making the total amount of aid given to Israel since 1949 $133.132 billion. This may mean that U.S. government has given more federal aid to the average Israeli citizen in a given year than it has given to the average American citizen.
http://www.wrmea.org/congress-u.s.-...l-aid-to-israel-figures-facts-and-impact.html

just LOL. the more you know.

Last edited:

La Jordanie est 1000 fois plus sécuritaire que l'Israel...

your comparison is wrong. the arabs are like the amerindians or the acadians and the jews are like us.

we destroyed most acadian/amerindian families and communities.
that is the proper comparison.

Zoom out the map. There still are over 150 million arabs all over there, compared to 6 M jews on a tiny patch of land. Nobody destroyed the arabic community, lol. Plus, jewish and arabic civilizations were born pretty much at the same time on that land millenia ago, unlike the europeans that only got here a few centuries ago and destroyed the existing culture.

anyway, this thread is about tourism, not history / politics.
Offtopic over

What would you do if you were caged in or forcefully evicted ? Keep calm and party on ?

On topic . A family member often travels there for work . She said security is so tight u can't ninja fart with out it being detected . I wouldn't worry

Thanks to all who provided thoughtful responses. Flights have gone up by 500$ since we started looking on Monday and are now out of budget...

Maybe they'll go down on Monday!

Went 3 years ago security was not issue and didn't even feel any fear, except the multiple army troops stationed all over.

And if you're looking for places to visit...

From my experience, the best is to start north and work your way south. Depending on what your looking for and how much time you got definitely have Jerusalem on the list to visit the old city as a tourist but avoid going friday night or saturday afternoon not allowed cameras due to shabbat. The holocaust museum "Yad Vashem" there is also very impressive.

The city of Caesarea also has very impressive monuments and one of the beaches i went to.
But if your looking for the hottest beach its in the city Eilat but there are tons of beach all around. I went end of July and the beach water felt like a Jacuzzi it was so hot. Contrary to the heat we got here is humid there its just dry.
You also got the spas at the dead sea which are awesome, you get to float around while reading the newspaper.

If your also looking for an excursion type i also spent a night in the desert riding camels lol and sleeping in bedouin tents which also included a cooked 3 course supper.
I would keep Tel Aviv city last on the list, its the most modern kinda american-like city and the most expensive but still worth the visit. That's where you will find the beach clubs to visit at night.

Last edited:
Back