How to be "set for life" with 100k?

Discovery

Here is the idea, I give you 100k (legal lol) right meow.
In what are you going to invest (legally) to not have to work/work less at your current job?
Discuss

So you inherited 100k by your grandpa's old house and you really think you won't need to work again? Lol

... Won't need to work again at my current job, yes!

I hope you're telling the truth.. if so, congrats. Take the opportunity to invest into something you are passionate and fond of.. If not, invest it at low % and move on with your life...

The vagueness of the OP is baffling...

Age? Do you already have a place to live rent free or with no mortgage?

because at actual guaranteed interest rates of 3% for 10 years, you only get 3000$ a year.
Even if I invest the amount in a very conservative stock paying 6% (like VNR) that brings your revenues to 6000$.

So no, 100k isn't enough. Not even close

You also need to factor in inflation.

I just re read the question... You were willing to give me the 100 grand for me to work less... well I would use it for my regular expenses and would be able to work less for about 2 years. Then I would be back at work.

Immeuble locatif de 500k, achat d'un autre immeuble dans 5 ans, repeat X 5

À 55 ans libre financièrement

Je travaillerai pas moins avec 100k mais je claire m'a partie d'hypothèque car il me reste pas mal ca comme montant pour ma part a moi alors pu d'hypothèque c'est un bon stress de moins dans la vie:)

Back