Premium vs. regular

This was on teh first page of youtube today. I thought of posting on it. Really a lot of bullshit. I put 89 in everything works perfect.

Probably worst gas to put is 89. You still have ethanol but you pay more. You either put 91 or 87, but never 89.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Le Petro 94 contient de l'éthanol (10% iirc). Ce n'est pas une mauvaise chose non plus, l'éthanol retarde l'ignition et absorbe l'eau donc ca minimise la condensation qui peut se former dans une tank. Mais c'est sur que vu que ça s'enflamme moins bien, ca prend plus de gaz pour compenser et on s'en aperçoit pratiquement pas, à moins d'avoir un build à l'E85.

C'est un reportage de marde et leur méthode de raisonnement est digne d'un projet de science de 3ième année du primaire mais leur conclusion et message reste correcte.

Ca depend comment tu pese sur le bouton gas.

Si t'es souvent au tapis a haut rpm, y faut aller au supreme. Si t'es matante sur le gas tu va sur l'ordinaire.

Le retardement ce fait au niveau de la chaleur puis le frottement du cylinder(genre l'huile rendu trop chaud). Avec de l'ordinaire si tu va fort ya peut de chance que ca detonne tout croche puis deplace le mouvement du cylindre de coter ce qui peut faire des dommage a long terme.

I always fill up with Jet A1 fuel. It doesn't require this premium grade, but they say its supposed to be better for my car and it makes it run better....... :cool:

Ca depend comment tu pese sur le bouton gas.

Si t'es souvent au tapis a haut rpm, y faut aller au supreme. Si t'es matante sur le gas tu va sur l'ordinaire.

Le retardement ce fait au niveau de la chaleur puis le frottement du cylinder(genre l'huile rendu trop chaud). Avec de l'ordinaire si tu va fort ya peut de chance que ca detonne tout croche puis deplace le mouvement du cylindre de coter ce qui peut faire des dommage a long terme.

22_88629-Jim-.gif

If my car is stock I use what is recommended by the manufacturer with the exception of my Subaru Legacy which really doesn't like ethanol. Maybe because it's a 98? No clue!!!! My Audi runs on 91 and the Yaris 87!!!

Shell petro Canada esso supreme doesn't contain ethanol. I always fill up the Vette there.

But when I had an Acura tl as a dd, it was stated premium fuel only blah blah but I always put regular without any problems.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Shell petro Canada esso supreme doesn't contain ethanol. I always fill up the Vette there.

But when I had an Acura tl as a dd, it was stated premium fuel only blah blah but I always put regular without any problems.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Read at the gas pump, it clearly says : "it can contain up to 10% ethanol"
Only one that do not mention this it' s Shell.

Lol, am i dreaming or did the technician at CITA really state that fuel type would have an effect on HP and TQ during the test? I'm flabbergasted. Really. The only change between two fuels would have been the amount of fuel consumed during the test. Instead of doing a fuel economy test in a calculated environment (the dyno at CITA), they got a 50 year old guy with spiked hair who puts 87 octane in his 15k Corvette to do a fuel economy test in an uncontrolled environment.

A car will require the same power to travel x distance (all factors equal) regardless of the type of fuel used. For power and HP figures to change with the same motor you'd have to change friction sources such as aerodynamics, tire pressure, mechanical losses, or weight, etc. I still can't believe how bad that test was. Even when they say the pollution test was worse with premium we can't see roughly the same values on screen for both tests.

This report is almost as bad as the idiots at TVA doing 70kmh in the Ville-Marie tunnel trying to prove that people drive too fast...

Totalement d'accord. Je me suis etouffé en regardant ce video la. C est de la pure marde. Ce gars la c est un professionnel? Jeez!

Read at the gas pump, it clearly says : "it can contain up to 10% ethanol"
Only one that do not mention this it' s Shell.

Eko n'en ont pas non plus dans leur 91. Dans les autres, aucuns mentionne qu'il n'y a pas d'éthanol dans leur 91, sauf shell bien sur. Mais fuck shell depuis que leur 91 est 16-18 cennes de plus que de l'ordinaire...

''Note: Seulement nos essences « ordinaire » et « plus » peuvent contenir jusqu’à 10% d’éthanol. ''

http://eko.ca/environnement/lessence-ethanol-un-choix-plus-ecologique.html

Probably worst gas to put is 89. You still have ethanol but you pay more. You either put 91 or 87, but never 89.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

old van recommended 89 and it really didnt like 87 at all. I tried to always fill up on thursday at Ultramar so it was the same price as 89 but when I couldnt I did put 89 on other day of the week.

Our company car was a 2011 Tiguan (with a 2.0L turbocharged engine)

Everyone put 87 in that thing. Everyone, all the time. It ran just fine and still felt like it had all its factory ponies, and still returned the same mileage.

However, these guys suck at testing cars. I would have loved for them to test different engines (older and newer), turbocharged, N/A and with different grades of gasoline for longer periods of time. Run 91 for 3-5 tanks and at the very end of the test, check the emissions results. Then when switching to 87, run it again for 3-5 tanks and check results.

Also, I think it's hilarious that Corvette guy is like "absolutely nothing different between 87 and 91, never, it's the same gas...but if I'd go to the track, I would run 91..."
...sure buddy.

On a newer car you'd have to reset the pcm adaptive memory for that to be true, the pcm will pull back the timing when it senses that low octane gas and it'll take a lot of driving for it to readapt to new gas

Back