Moving to Australia - What do ?

SonicRain

Salut, hello, shalom,

Long story short, i just got a permanent stay visa grant to go to Australia with the GF, shes from there.

What i wanted to know is what is there to do before leaving?

They are obvious stuff like selling my condo and various furniture but what about the other stuff?

Do I need to call the governement and close accounts or cancel my SIN ? I know ill need to do taxes next year.

The visa states that i need to be on Australian grounds by march 2016, im planning to get there jan-feb 2016.

je pensais jamais pouvoir quitter le quebec mais enfin... ca se passe! :yikes:

Merci a tous!

Link up with stewy at InertiaMS and go to ebisu three times a year with the boys from Aus... become a pro drifter leave said gf and marry a nice Japanese girl.... you my friend are on your way to `the life`just make sure none of those crazy critters eats you alive LOL

oh and congrats!! please do post pics upon arrival!!

Link up with stewy at InertiaMS and go to ebisu three times a year with the boys from Aus... become a pro drifter leave said gf and marry a nice Japanese girl.... you my friend are on your way to `the life`just make sure none of those crazy critters eats you alive LOL

i dont know who they are and what they are doing there but yeah lol. I gotta find new job n shit. Ive been working in the same office for the past 11 years...

1) Buy season passes and airfare to every V8 Supercar round.

That's about all you need, really.

The visa states that i need to be on Australian grounds by march 2016, im planning to get there jan-feb 2016.

Pretty sure you still gotta declare any worldwide income. Probably won't have to pay much taxes on it, but if you ever decide to come back you might want to look into it.

Pretty sure you still gotta declare any worldwide income. Probably won't have to pay much taxes on it, but if you ever decide to come back you might want to look into it.

You would only pay taxes on your worldwide income if you were still a resident of Canada. You might have to declare it but you definitely shouldn't have the pay taxes on it. They'll look at certain things to determine whether or not you still have significants ties to the country. Family connections, real estate holdings, bank accounts etc. If you're not planning on coming for a while cancel as many as those as you can, besides you don't want to deal with any of that shit from abroad.

Also Australian pro tip: Why do you think Aussies almost always wear sandals? Because spiders like to hide in your shoes. Your 1st thought should be: "Would I put my dick in their without checking?". Stay safe don't let Australia kill you.

Get one of these

GlCkOQC.jpg

g'day mate, how ya going ?

Wicked move. Love Australia. You'll have a blast. You can keep everything active until you declare yourself a non resident on your next incomes tax report. Then you can cancel your drivers license and other stuff.

Back