Should people that don't vote pay a fine ?

Should people that don't vote pay a fine ?

• Total voters
True democracy:

Insert a chip in everyone with a yes/no response signal. EVERY SINGLE TIME a politician that was elected is asked too make a decision, ask the population if it's a yes or no, and go with majority. Otherwise it's FALSE democracy, electing someone for X amount of months/years to make decisions based on promises and lies they advertised to be elected to represent the public is not what the millions died for in WW1 and WW2.

today's democracy is the illusion of telling people they have a say it what the government decides.

:Words from a government worker.

some people don't give a shit about politics. a.k.a. my brother. He doesn't even bother voting because he gives 0 fucks.
I certainly hope he doesnt complain on taxes or anything else.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

You're essentially advocating for the Israeli democratic system which makes it almost impossible to govern and lead without making compromises for every single special interest group. No one ever gets a majority, every tinpot moron that can mobilize people get's a seat and can be the power broker in alliance. Those are systems where the extreme right and left hold a disproportionate amount of power.

You want electoral reform? Then vote for it, both the Liberals and NDP have it in their platform.
In Italy also it's unmanageable with no leading party.

I think having someone in for 4 years and kick out if not happy is better than having permanent minority gov't.

I would love to have rounds though so that if your true preferred party is not elected because of the region's majority, then on second round you can at least vote for the two remaining player.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back