My 1969 Porsche 911

Kart72

Legacy Member
Well I finally got my hands on a car I have always wanted. A classic air cooled 911. Car has been sitting untouched for about 6 years so lots to do in order to get it back on the road but I have the whole winter to get it done.

jKA7J5.jpg

8BtvvE.jpg

TshdPX.jpg

EIkW8c.jpg

Last edited:
well pretty much every 20+ year old vehicule is not as solid as it looks hahaha

nice project! keep us posted!

Congrats on making one of your dreams come true! Since it already has a ducktail spoiler, are you gonna go 2.7RS tribute style?

Congrats on making one of your dreams come true! Since it already has a ducktail spoiler, are you gonna go 2.7RS tribute style?

Not entirely sure what route I'm going to take with this car. My first steps are going to be getting all the mechanicals sorted; rebuild calipers, new brake master and lines, gas tank out and cleaned, carbs rebuilt....etc. Will figure the rest out once that's in order.

Absolutely stunning! The 911s are my favourite cars on the road, and for that reason, I'm glad to see you bringing this one back to life. I truly hope everything works out and I see this car on the road summer.

Not entirely sure what route I'm going to take with this car. My first steps are going to be getting all the mechanicals sorted; rebuild calipers, new brake master and lines, gas tank out and cleaned, carbs rebuilt....etc. Will figure the rest out once that's in order.

Let me know if you need anything. I have the technical manuals and a couple of tools.

Please keep the Fuchs and bring it euro ride height :) Those cars drive so nice when sorted out. Do you know if the trans grinds or has any issues?

Let me know if you need anything. I have the technical manuals and a couple of tools.

Please keep the Fuchs and bring it euro ride height :) Those cars drive so nice when sorted out. Do you know if the trans grinds or has any issues?

Fuchs are staying and will definitely be going to the euro ride height. The previous owner told me that there were no issues with the transmission other than the fact that it would occasionally get stuck it fifth. From what I read it is most likely a linkage issue. The shifter is sloppy as hell so I figure I got some bushing to replace and hopefully that will also solve the sticking in fifth issue.

Last edited:
Pulled the carbs today so I can rebuild them. I really like the looks of the weber carbs, almost like pieces of art.

uq5v5i.jpg

v7RIKz.jpg

Gas tank removed and drained of the nasty varnished fuel that had been in there for 6+ years. Tank looks to be original and seems to be in reasonably good shape for a car of this age. I will definitely need it to be cleaned and coated due to the surface rust that formed inside it over the years. Anyone know of anywhere around Montreal that can handle this?

ConTsi.jpg

it's radiator shop that are known to do this to motorcycle gaz tank..not sure about car one.....might worth a call to a couple places.

Back