MR I need advice! hit and run content inside

TegraTegra

First off,I know MR is anti-Subaru but please help a fellow car enthusiast.The car in question is a 2005 Sti.

This morning I got into a hit and run on the 20 at St-Jeans the guy clearly hit me and made no effort to stop or over,I called the police right away and followed the guy until 55th ave(He didn't get too far we were in traffic the whole time,police told me to stop following him so I pulled off at 55th).I got the guys license plate #,he was driving a 2014 black Ford F-150. I filed a police report so I wont divulge the license plate #. I do have two way insurance so I'm fully covered,broker mention I would go through Fix Auto to do the repairs,which kind of scares me because Ive heard bad things about Fix Auto.Ive never been in a situation like this,here are my 2 questions.

-Can anyone recommend a reputable shop in the west island that can do the repairs?

-Are they going to replace the whole fender or pull and paint it?

Thanks MR!!

Pics of the damage.

DSCF0672_zpsztukag4q.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCF0673_zpsnznsmrql.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCF0674_zpsc2wlgu83.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If by chance the guy who hit me is reading this(I doubt it),you sir are a F!@#ING IDIOT.I'm not even mad about the fact that he hit me,more mad about the utter lack of respect for other people,he cut me off and hit me to get one car ahead...Good job.

So your insurance broker said you had to go to fix auto? Did you actually open a claim with your insurance? If so you know you can go where you want it's just much easier if the garage deals with your insurance. There are a few garage in the west island with procolor or carrxpert that can do the job.

Also for the accident I understand the other party was identifies by the police, if so then this is not a hit n run anymore just a regular accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct, I shouldn't have mentioned it was a hit and run.Police will be contacting the other party to get his side of the story(When it happened it was a Hit and Run).Broker mentioned that the insurance company would probably go through fix auto. I did start a claim and mentioned to my broker that I didn't want to go to fix auto and he said the insurance company would call me this week to set up a place/time to get it fix(I had a feeling I could choose any shop). The main reason I started the thread was to see if anyone could recommend a reputable shop to do the work and if the whole fender will be replace or would most shops just pull and repaint?

Thanks for the quick response!

My guess is they will replace the fender with a recycled or similar part, as for the shop you can choose where you want to go, however I can't recommend any. I did get mine fix in Ile bizard on rue st charles procolor I think... but that was years ago, they did a really good job.

Quand tu t'es arrêter l'autre à continuer ? Si oui alors c'est bel et bien un hit and run.

Oui sauf qu'il la suivi et les policiers on fait un rapport avec les infos du gars donc ca devient un accident de convention

J'ai lu dernièrement que la SAAQ dédommageait dans le cas de H&R. Mais là vu que tu connais c'est qui je sais pas.....un article dans la presse il me semble, ils pouvaient payer jusqu'à 15k en claim si ma mémoire est encore pas si mal....

Ça vaut surement le coup de fouiller cette avenue là, si t'a pas besoin de faire marcher tes assurances. (Inb4 c'est le contribuable qui paie, OP is a contribuable)

Donc sa revient au même que si l'autre se serait arrêter ou ?

Non dans un cas tu claim un hit n run so si t'es assurer juste d'un bord tu es pas couvert
Si tu es pas responsable tu as quand meme ta franchise pcq c'est un hit n run

Dans l'autre cas tu est juste d'un bord= couvert si non responsable
Pas de franchise si pas responsable

J'ai lu dernièrement que la SAAQ dédommageait dans le cas de H&R. Mais là vu que tu connais c'est qui je sais pas.....un article dans la presse il me semble, ils pouvaient payer jusqu'à 15k en claim si ma mémoire est encore pas si mal....

Ça vaut surement le coup de fouiller cette avenue là, si t'a pas besoin de faire marcher tes assurances. (Inb4 c'est le contribuable qui paie, OP is a contribuable)

Nope Op est couvert both ways la saaq n'intervient qu'en cas d'absence de garantie aka one way only
Accident moins de 60 jours
Rapport de police
Franchise de 500 ou 10% valeur auto
Pas d'assurance pour les dommages a la voiture (one way insurance only)

If by chance the guy who hit me is reading this(I doubt it),you sir are a F!@#ING IDIOT.I'm not even mad about the fact that he hit me,more mad about the utter lack of respect for other people,he cut me off and hit me to get one car ahead...Good job.

Closing the gap on the highway is the worst thing to do while driving. I usually leave space for someone to merge in. Most people doesn't know that one car length is less than a second of distance.

If you wanna go a little further, carosseries technipro in longueil. They deal with insurance all the time (got my girlfriend's car fixed there) and they do some very nice projects too (got my sentra painted there 5 years ago and Flames supra went there also)

It's the only person I trust working on my cars (in fact my m3 is going there when spring time comes to fix small stuff here and there)

Dude... Canbec on Jean-Talon. Amazing body shop, amazing customer service. Hands down. They buffed the whole car on top of it and detailed the f*ck out of it.

And yes you will get a courtesey car.

As for worrying about anything: don't. The police report insures that you don't even have a dime deductible.

Back